Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Peterson officially deactivated

A lot of comments here. A lot off the rails imo. I think there is a difference in what happened here and full on abuser of children. I think AP feels that he went to far, looks like maybe he did. He does seem like someone who cares about his children. I would say he made a mistake, take note and move on. I got the belt many times, sometimes the fist, and unfortunately it was from someone with no job at all. Sometimes I had it coming, sometimes I didn't.

though I am drinking Firestone double IPA's tonight.

UNITA Detour Double IPA here :)

A lot of comments here. A lot off the rails imo. I think there is a difference in what happened here and full on abuser of children. I think AP feels that he went to far, looks like maybe he did. He does seem like someone who cares about his children. I would say he made a mistake, take note and move on. I got the belt many times, sometimes the fist, and unfortunately it was from someone with no job at all. Sometimes I had it coming, sometimes I didn't.

though I am drinking Firestone double IPA's tonight.

Yeah he cares so much, except for the ones he has never met.

Egg, we are talking about a man beating a 4 year old with a branch. I dont know why you are trying to defend child abuse, since most of the people here agree proper dicipline is important. Its kind of sad you believe parents must go to extreme physical measures to make their children good members of society. Maybe you will mature more as you age.

It is unbelievable how these idiotic comments get posted by these high profile athletes. Did Roddy miss the Paul George deal yesterday??? I have a great idea that would greatly benefit these idiots. Get away from all social media ASAP. Continue to get your egos stroked, by all of your leach-like friends, that act like every thing that comes out of your ignorant mouth is somehow funny or brilliant. Stop confirming your ignorance by letting the general public know your thoughts.

General rule: picture someone (not you) doing X to your kid. If the thought pisses you off, it's probably something you shouldn't do. If someone took a branch to my son back when he was four, I'd go after them with murderous rage.

The gray matter post nailed it, we're supposed to learn and evolve. We've learned that beating children is bad. Universally. Now evolve. I got the belt a few times when young and for years never considered it a big deal. Now I do. Because I know better. (note: I don't retroactively hate my dad for doing so, he didn't know better, and was a good man)

Preachy aside, AP is in big trouble here.

• Like 1

Is it not possible that ADP simply didn't realize that the switch was wrapping around and catching the kid on the sac and front of thighs? Doesn't make it right, but does explain the marks. The age (4) is what is alarming. I am a firm believer in discipline, but would never dream of whooping a 4 year old 10-15 times with a branch. An occasional swat or two with the hand on the rump is more than sufficient.

If you read this, it seems like he did know.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

Roddy will be deleting that post shortly and posting an apology written by someone else.

I responded to his tweet. Next thing you know.....the comment was gone. I figure moments after giving Arthur Blank a slight heart attack he was told to delete immediately. In my head I will tell myself Roddy read my comment and decided to do the right thing. Woo hoo

• Like 1

General rule: picture someone (not you) doing X to your kid. If the thought pisses you off, it's probably something you shouldn't do. If someone took a branch to my son back when he was four, I'd go after them with murderous rage.

The gray matter post nailed it, we're supposed to learn and evolve. We've learned that beating children is bad. Universally. Now evolve. I got the belt a few times when young and for years never considered it a big deal. Now I do. Because I know better. (note: I don't retroactively hate my dad for doing so, he didn't know better, and was a good man)

Preachy aside, AP is in big trouble here.

League has set precedent with rice. They must suspend indefinite

• Like 1

I responded to his tweet. Next thing you know.....the comment was gone. I figure moments after giving Arthur Blank a slight heart attack he was told to delete immediately. In my head I will tell myself Roddy read my comment and decided to do the right thing. Woo hoo

Great.

What did you write?

Its a diff time and era but this would not have even raised an eyebrow in my time and im 38. My mom would be in prison these days. with 3 rowdy boys she kept a half of a belt bent in half in her purse and when we were bad(like lighting the woods on fire....on mothers day) she whooped our ass and we would have bruises and there may be an accidental nutshot if i was jumping around. Getting your ass beat as a kid was a right of passage. as long as your parents didnt use their fists 30s style boxing you rode it out and learned from your mistakes.

Didn't he just recently bury one of his sons?

If you just lost a son who died from ABUSE wouldn't you think twice about ABUSING?

Its a diff time and era but this would not have even raised an eyebrow in my time and im 38. My mom would be in prison these days. with 3 rowdy boys she kept a half of a belt bent in half in her purse and when we were bad(like lighting the woods on fire....on mothers day) she whooped our ass and we would have bruises and there may be an accidental nutshot if i was jumping around. Getting your ass beat as a kid was a right of passage. as long as your parents didnt use their fists 30s style boxing you rode it out and learned from your mistakes.

No it wasn't.

No it wasn't.

It was. But there are a lot of limp wristed effeminate "men" of this era who think it wasn't. They make poor leaders and run around like hysterical chickens over everything. I weep for what has become of America. If you asked Obama he'd probably tell you his father beat him with a switch too.

It was. But there are a lot of limp wristed effeminate "men" of this era who think it wasn't. They make poor leaders and run around like hysterical chickens over everything. I weep for what has become of America. If you asked Obama he'd probably tell you his father beat him with a switch too.

You weep for America because people don't agree with beating their 4 year old children with a switch in the scrotum until they bleed and have welps?

Serpent, Not an Obama fan at all and see no problem with a spanking but caning is not an acceptable form of 4 year old punishment in America

It's time 24 owners vote out Roger Goodell. This has to end.

To be fair not sure what this has to do with Goodell. I'm far from a Goodell apologist, but this isn't on him. We will see if he screws up the suspension or not.

What the hell does this have to do with Goodell? Was he supposed to fly in like superman and keep AP from spanking his son?

Serpent, Not an Obama fan at all and see no problem with a spanking but caning is not an acceptable form of 4 year old punishment in America

The argument about what was done in the past is horrible. As society we should strive to be better. If we didn't we would still be barbarians.

I weep for America because every 'issue' becomes a national media event. The rule of law no longer applies to anything. All that matters is if the media finds someone 'guilty', and then the special interest groups will swoop in. Ray Rice is a POS for hitting his wife. Every single person on the planet knew he punched and knocked out his wife in an elevator right? His wife didn't press charges so he wasn't convicted of anything. Goodell gave him 2 games. Then what, a video comes out and all hell breaks loose. Why? Cause overly sensitive America couldn't stomach seeing it. Rice gets cut, suspended indefinitely, and the NFL revamps their policies, all because of 'shock value' and the media. People overreact on everything without ever knowing the facts, and the media and special interest groups will be right their pushing for it (see Trayvon Martin, Big Mike, etc etc). It's sickening.

People here are calling for jail time, banishment, and even death for Peterson. He's religious too right? Wait and see how this becomes another bash on religion. If he's found guilty of child abuse, let him go to jail. But some of you people are ridiculous. He disciplined his child. He went too far. Absolutely zero reason to ban him from working for a year (or life), ruin his reputation, and his life. Same with Rice. Both scumbags, but only proven 'guilty' in the court of public opinion. That's not how it should be.

• Like 2

I think the issue is several are using this incident which should be stand alone as a way to wave their finger and say "I told you everything is focked up". Why can't you just admit the dude is in the wrong.

I'll say it again, if you think this is an opportunity to thump your beliefs then I'm not really sure I can say anything to suede your opinion.

I weep for America because every 'issue' becomes a national media event. The rule of law no longer applies to anything. All that matters is if the media finds someone 'guilty', and then the special interest groups will swoop in. Ray Rice is a POS for hitting his wife. Every single person on the planet knew he punched and knocked out his wife in an elevator right? His wife didn't press charges so he wasn't convicted of anything. Goodell gave him 2 games. Then what, a video comes out and all hell breaks loose. Why? Cause overly sensitive America couldn't stomach seeing it. Rice gets cut, suspended indefinitely, and the NFL revamps their policies, all because of 'shock value' and the media. People overreact on everything without ever knowing the facts, and the media and special interest groups will be right their pushing for it (see Trayvon Martin, Big Mike, etc etc). It's sickening.

People here are calling for jail time, banishment, and even death for Peterson. He's religious too right? Wait and see how this becomes another bash on religion. If he's found guilty of child abuse, let him go to jail. But some of you people are ridiculous. He disciplined his child. He went too far. Absolutely zero reason to ban him from working for a year (or life), ruin his reputation, and his life. Same with Rice. Both scumbags, but only proven 'guilty' in the court of public opinion. That's not how it should be.

To be fair, most people thought the 2 games was terrible by the league. What can they do? Without something like the video all we can do is get upset about it and many people were. This is what gets lost.

But this is more then just seeing the video. We now have possible cover up, lies and questions on why the NFL suspended 2 games and then saw the video and gave him indefinite ban. Was knocking her out not enough? People have been questioning the process of how Goodell has handled punishments since he has been in the league. But until something like this happens, there is nothing anyone can do, but complain. It's like putting water on high, just before boiling point. People booing the commish everywhere he goes, complaining about the NFL game and the changes made, the greed of the NFL squeezing every penny out of every dollar, etc... and the heat slowly got turned up more and more until the boiling point. That was the video. Lets not act like all of sudden Goodell became the bad guy. He has been for a while.

I think the issue is several are using this incident which should be stand alone as a way to wave their finger and say "I told you everything is focked up". Why can't you just admit the dude is in the wrong.

I'll say it again, if you think this is an opportunity to thump your beliefs then I'm not really sure I can say anything to suede your opinion.

This is a good point. Hey, must get on a side right when this stuff comes up. Even in the Peterson case, you are seeing people post pussification of America. They don't care anything about the facts of the case or what he did was wrong. Just that they don't want their right to spank their kids to go away so it turns political. Just look at the case or situation for what it is and stop picking a political side.

So it was reported that Minnesota was aware of this when it happened, yet AP was allowed to play...now that is has become public, they decide to suspend him form the team? B.S. They should get a major backlash from this if true.

So it was reported that Minnesota was aware of this when it happened, yet AP was allowed to play...now that is has become public, they decide to suspend him form the team? B.S. They should get a major backlash from this if true.

Well lets let the facts come out, but yes, if true there is no excuse.

Well didn't it just play out in court?

It's just a tree branch, it's really not that big of a deal. The way the branch dissipates the force it's actually much less damage than pretty much anything else you can do. It might leave a few superficial cuts, but they'll heal within a few days. They're like paper cuts.

The only real issue is how long it was done and if it hit the kid's balls. From what I read that was accidental and AP didn't want to do that, and in fact didn't want to hit the kid at all but just wanted to discipline him.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. 4 year olds aren't really the most capable of appreciating reasoned arguments for right and wrong. They are also generally not that truthful and can be real demons. If you've never had a 4 year old boy you really have no idea how crazy they get.

Physical discipline is extremely important especially at those ages. The kid shoves his brother right off some sort of motorcyle thing, probably like those arcade games. You would have to push someone pretty darn hard and risk injuring them to shove them right off those things, with the way people are going to sit themselves on them and hold on.

The issue with AP is he has too many damned kids and they obviously don't live under one roof with one mother, he has like 11 kids with 10 women or something like that. I doubt they respect him much.

Did you really just say that a branch dissipates the force well as an argument to minimize hitting a 4 year old kid fighting over a toy?

You win. I'm out man.

It's just a tree branch, it's really not that big of a deal. The way the branch dissipates the force it's actually much less damage than pretty much anything else you can do. It might leave a few superficial cuts, but they'll heal within a few days. They're like paper cuts.

The only real issue is how long it was done and if it hit the kid's balls. From what I read that was accidental and AP didn't want to do that, and in fact didn't want to hit the kid at all but just wanted to discipline him.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. 4 year olds aren't really the most capable of appreciating reasoned arguments for right and wrong. They are also generally not that truthful and can be real demons. If you've never had a 4 year old boy you really have no idea how crazy they get.

Physical discipline is extremely important especially at those ages. The kid shoves his brother right off some sort of motorcyle thing, probably like those arcade games. You would have to push someone pretty darn hard and risk injuring them to shove them right off those things, with the way people are going to sit themselves on them and hold on.

The issue with AP is he has too many damned kids and they obviously don't live under one roof with one mother, he has like 11 kids with 10 women or something like that. I doubt they respect him much.

I didn't read your lecture but it is obvious you have not seen the photos. If I left even one of those cuts on my 4yr old I would probably want to kill myself

Look at the pics and stop the madness of calling this some kind of normal punishment

Exactly. Teach kids not to hit other kids by hitting them! :wacko:

I didn't read your lecture but it is obvious you have not seen the photos. If I left even one of those cuts on my 4yr old I would probably want to kill myself

Look at the pics and stop the madness of calling this some kind of normal punishment

I saw the pictures in this article: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Also from the article, the kid didn't even shed one tear, and the first grand jury chose not to indict him. Then they took it up against and got an indictment, I'm not even sure it's legal to try someone twice for the same incident. This also apparently happened months ago. If this was such a big deal, why is it only now coming up in September when it happened in May?