Sign in to follow this  
J-Money

Sankey going forward

So sankey was expected to get a decent chunk of playing time but that doesn't seem to be happening. Anyone watch the game and could tell us how tenn looks on the offensive line and how sankey looks when he actually does make it into the game? I think it's about time to drop him, glad I took him a few rounds after Ray rice lol

No Sankey is not going forward. He's going backward. I wish I could go backward in time to my early yahoo drafts where I was getting him in the 4th-5th rnd. There's no way to tell how he looks when he gets in the game cuz he doesn't get in the game. He's still a hold tho I suppose.

He had 1 run that I remember today. He ran into the back of the o line and fell forward for like 3 yards?

I tried to tell people that Greene has looked serviceable since he came in to preseason. Everybody said it was BS and he was horrible but he has been miles ahead of Sankey thus far.

Line looked pretty good today but we got in a hole with sucktastic Locker and ran just enough to keep Dallas honest.

I am going to drop Sankey to pick-up either D.Brown or Rainey this week off waivers. My debacle of a team can't afford to hold out and hope he takes over in a few weeks. At this rate I will be eliminated from contention before he becomes useful. Based on the way my decisions have worked out thus far, expect him to be the rookie darling of the NFL soon!

Unless you're really desperate, which is possible with some of what's happened to some of the other RB's so far, I don't see how you could have drafted Sankey while thinking it was possible to drop him after Week 2. I don't think anyone really expected him to have taken over as the lead back by now.

So sankey was expected to get a decent chunk of playing time but that doesn't seem to be happening. Anyone watch the game and could tell us how tenn looks on the offensive line and how sankey looks when he actually does make it into the game? I think it's about time to drop him, glad I took him a few rounds after Ray rice lol

Yea I think it's starting to look,like. A bench ride or a time to release him .

I didn't expect him to have completely taken over already but I expected more than 8 carries in the first 2 games. I took him in the 8th or 9th round so I didn't expect to have to rely on him but now with Gordon occupying a spot on my roster I have no room for additional dead weight. There are other people on the ww who are getting a better chance to contribute so I may as well get rid of sankey and take a chance on someone who sees the field

Yea, about to drop him for Kniles Davis. Even if Davis is going to be a one week wonder, Charles doesn't look all that great (health wise) and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets hurt again.

Sankey is horrible.

Locker is sure to get hurt again. It could happen next week in Cincinatti. Then they will need Sankey. But since I picked up West and Asiata I may just drop him.

Locker is sure to get hurt again. It could happen next week in Cincinatti. Then they will need Sankey. But since I picked up West and Asiata I may just drop him.

Why would the absence of their starting QB enhance opportunities for what appears to be their 3rd string RB? Is he going to throw the ball?

My squad has bigger problems than skankey sittin on bench

Yep. I've put in auction bids for both Knile Davis (whom I dropped to get Forsett @#$%) and Donald Brown. If I win Brown, I lose Sankey. If not I'll keep him until the next opportunity arises unless he breaks out between now and then.

Lol... Some of the folks in this thread are jumpier than Barney Fife with a Smith & Wesson. First off, if I was playing snake draft there's no way Bishop Sankey would even be considered for a roster spot. His value is strictly in deep keeper leagues, where you can stash a guy and wait for his situation to develop later this season or next. Waiting for an injury, or for Shonne Greene to play himself out of a job, can take time.

The reason he didn't get into the game yesterday is simple. The Dallas Cowboy offensive line reached out and smashed the Tennessee defense right in the mouth. Nobody has lit up Jerry Jones on this board more than myself, but I applauded his decision to build on strength and go offensive line with their first pick in this year's draft.

The stat to take away from yesterday's game is not the 29 carries for 167 yards and a touch that DeMarco Murray did the Titans for, it's the 41 freaking minutes that Dallas held the ball. I get that Jake Locker made some piss poor decisions and completely killed the TN game plan, but when your offense runs 49 plays in 19 minutes nothing's going to get on track.