Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Gerhart vs. Asiata

Both have similarities....mainly their low YPC. Both can catch the ball outta the backfield and are pretty touchdown-dependant for fantasy purposes. Vikes are, arguably, the better offense...although both teams are starting a rookie QB, so a lot of unknowns.

Who would you prefer for the rest of season....and why?

Asiata . Gerhart was so over valued on this board this past off season .

Asiata . Gerhart was so over valued on this board this past off season .

stay focused and stop regurgitating crap over and over. How over/uder/exactly valued he WAS is not relevant to the topic at hand. Question is which player moving forward. Unless you have a time machine there's nothing anyone can do about how his value WAS perceived...

I'd go Asiata. They have better line. THe way Toby has started, it just smells of a wasted season. I don't even blame him, not like he's getting 20 touches a game and he's doing nothing with them. The offense is in shambles, they get blown out easily, and when they had a mega lead against the eagles he got hurt. Regardless, his season just smells of muff cabbage. Not like I think asiatic is going to set the world on fire or anything, but if you gotta pick between muff cabbage and beef curtains, you always gotta go beef curtains...

HTH

I think Asiata will have a pretty good year. He is a great goal line back and with Bridgewater under center, he should get more catches. Asiata is being undervalued....bigtime!!

Thanks for the input guys. Seems like Asiata is the consensus preference. I concur.......watched him last week and, although his #'s were still modest, he actually looked like he had a little something. I also have no doubt that he will be the goal line hammer, and should theoretically sniff the red zone more than Toby with Jax.

Don't like either. Both are available in one of my leagues. No thanks.

Well, beer side analytics time.... one guy is covering for AP who may never play again, the other is a RB for JAX.

I'm kinda liking Asiata here...

Thanks for the input guys. Seems like Asiata is the consensus preference. I concur.......watched him last week and, although his #'s were still modest, he actually looked like he had a little something. I also have no doubt that he will be the goal line hammer, and should theoretically sniff the red zone more than Toby with Jax.

Bortles being the QB and Shorts and Robinson getting into the mix should open things up for Toby...but I still think I like Asiata better at this point.

Never bought into the Toby hype. He's come in under the low bar I set for him. Mediocre player on a terrible team. I've had that player too many times.

Asiata not much better. I'd take him slightly ahead of toby

Hot damn we got us a player! Minn sure knows how to run block! Don't sleep on Toby either, O looking professional at least with bortles!

Been starting Asiata since he was named the starter. Everyone seemed to think McKinnon was gonna be the one who takes over but knew that this kid was the one who would be getting the carries and the TDs :banana:

Been starting Asiata since he was named the starter. Everyone seemed to think McKinnon was gonna be the one who takes over but knew that this kid was the one who would be getting the carries and the TDs :banana:

This. :banana: :banana: