Sign in to follow this  
50shades

Who's your favorite TV fantasy football advise giver?

I'll take Adam Rank. He always seems to know his stuff and have his finger on the pulse of what's going on with each individual team.

I don't really listen to a single professional. I just look for tidbits of info I didn't know in their analysis and come to my own conclusions

• Like 1

I like all the guys there on fantasy live but they are equally as good/bad as anyone. I prefer Fabiano but all he does is go by the trends wich is annoying. Its always "Steve smith has not scored a td in his last 5 games vs afc west opponents." Wich are dumb trends. Every year is completely different.

I like all the guys there on fantasy live but they are equally as good/bad as anyone. I prefer Fabiano but all he does is go by the trends wich is annoying. Its always "Steve smith has not scored a td in his last 5 games vs afc west opponents." Wich are dumb trends. Every year is completely different.

This.

These focking 'gurus' come up with such inane stats and so early in the season. 'New England gives up the 3rd fewest points to TEs this year!' etc.....without bothering to look if the TEs that played against the Pats were any good.

Fifty percent of the time they're throwing darts hoping for one to hit a bullseye.

I prefer Sara Walsh or that hot brunette on the NFL channel (I think). They don't give much insight, but they look a whole lot better than Matthew (dingle)berry

I think that hot brunette would be Coscarelli.

I think that hot brunette would be Coscarelli.

He means Molly Querim, an absolute goddess. Erin is fine as well.

He means Molly Querim, an absolute goddess. Erin is fine as well.

Yes, Molly and Erin keep things in true perspective.

This.

These focking 'gurus' come up with such inane stats and so early in the season. 'New England gives up the 3rd fewest points to TEs this year!' etc.....without bothering to look if the TEs that played against the Pats were any good.

Fifty percent of the time they're throwing darts hoping for one to hit a bullseye.

I'll go with myself which is the direct result of a grossly inordinate amount of time spent on this. I read Rotoworld several times a day as well as this site. I also review the weekly projections and rankings of numerous sites. I do watch the TVs shows, but those are more for entertainment. I don't listen to the "gurus" much, but I do listen to the "insiders."

But I do want an answer to this question: Just how the heck do you get one of these jobs as a "guru" on TV!??!

Cause I want one.

(resume for 2014: 13-3 in 4 leagues)

• Like 1

My gut and eye ball test told me McKinnon, then I did what I normally dont do and I listened to these guys and dropped him last week... after hanging on to him for 3 weeks. Man do I feel stupid, never again. They have some insight but for the most part they are going with what everyone else is saying. I do like Adam Rank though

Seriously guys; I get more VALUABLE info here from the peanut gallery than I do reading Rotoworld, CBS Sports, PFT, etc. Where the fock else am I going to get LOCAL knowledge of guys that hardly anyone knows their names?! Picking up guys a week or two ahead of them actually blowing up or not chasing numbers this week on the waiver wire because someone here actually watched the whole focking game.

You all are my favorite advice givers. Bar none.

Of course, some of you focking idiots, I'll do the exact opposite of what you suggest but that's still advice. ;)

• Like 3

I'll take Adam Rank. He always seems to know his stuff and have his finger on the pulse of what's going on with each individual team.

Me Myself And I

i listen to gurus who help bring to my attention players off my radar ala Kelce. Besides that they're all no better than any of us. The best fantasy advice comes from the non fantasy nfl guys and beat writers ie injuries, depth chart etc

• Like 1

I have yet to and can't envision myself ever watching a ff tv show. Don't even watch pregame shows. Just can't stomach the stupidity.

I watch the games on Sunday and track stats, pick a few players that I want to look further into and research them, and read threads here (there are a handful of posters that I pay more attention to than others). Injuries, depth charts and common sense (ie trying to think like the GM or HC would, not how it would benefit my player if it works out a certain way) are very helpful.

The whole concept of ff experts makes me chuckle. I'm guessing many of us watch the games, not just the ff aspect, pretty intently. How well have you done in survivor pools? If you can't pick something as simple as what TEAM will win on a given Sunday, what would make you think that anyone can accurately predict what single players, spread out across the entirety of the league, will have a bigger game than another? It's a giant crap shoot and these guys becoming so popular is, imo, akin to people watching LONG ISLAND MEDIUM.

Just my opinion. Not castigating anyone who does watch those shows. But personally, it seems a lot of time wasted.

My gut....but some weekends I feel like I been kicked there by Molly Qerim.