Sign in to follow this  
RamFan11

New England RB ?

Does Vereen get a big boost? I just see him getting a lot do short passes and maybe 10 rushes.

Thinking of plugging him in over Gore. Am I crazy?????

Does Vereen get a big boost? I just see him getting a lot do short passes and maybe 10 rushes.

Thinking of plugging him in over Gore. Am I crazy?????

Very hard to say for sure

Given this is Bill Belichick we're talking about, there are no guarantees at any offensive position except for Gronk and Brady.

I do expect around 13 to 15 touches for Vereen with Ridley out of the picture.

maybe a slight up-tick for Vereen but he's just not a "between the tackles" RB - NE uses him on draws and as a pass catcher.

I'd expect Brandon Bolden to fill the Ridley role on this short week.

After that? Who knows - NE has some young RBs to look at (James White, Jonas Gray)

James white blows so i wouldnt worry about him. I doubt he gets many more touched, even though i think he could be used as a sproles type back and could have success if used properly. Still doubt he gets many touches.

Weather being a big issue. Hoping for a lot of short passes to Vereen out of the back field. I have a feeling weather could be a positive for Vereen.

Weather being a big issue. Hoping for a lot of short passes to Vereen out of the back field. I have a feeling weather could be a positive for Vereen.

FYI - they expect the rain to slow and taper at kickoff.

Mike Reiss has tweeted that NE RB Jonas Gray (230 lb) has been promoted from the practice squad for tonight's game.

Gray had a very good pre-season and is worth watching tonight.

Mike Reiss has tweeted that NE RB Jonas Gray (230 lb) has been promoted from the practice squad for tonight's game.

Gray had a very good pre-season and is worth watching tonight.

I fully intend to turn my head and not watch when he's in the game

I am considering taking a flier on Jonas Gray before the game in case he goes off. I won't have a shot at him with the last waiver wire priority if I wait. I have to be proactive.

Having seen Gray's first carry (1-5), we can extrapolate from the numbers that if they give him the ball consistently, they will get a first down every two carries. Also, if he gets 20 carries tonight, he's on pace for 100 yards and easily over 1000 on the season of he maintains that workload.

Also judging from that carry, I can say that he is a large man with decent burst who looks for contact. He seemed upset after the carry, knowing that he could have had a bigger gain if he had broken an additional tackle. This tells me he runs angry and is competitive, traits shared by Earl Campbell and Jim Brown. He also appears to have a sweet neck tattoo.

We can therefore say that Gray is a breakout candidate who might also be out of the league in a week or in the Hall of Fame in 10.

This message brought to you guys by Football Guys at footballguys.com: making idiots pay for stupid, baseless analyses since 2006, and telling morons to draft James White from July 7-August 31 2014..

• Like 1

Here's to hoping shane vereen doesn't make me regret benching andre williams.... (as I grab another beer)

I benched Vereen for Williams. Fock me, you win.

Hard to be too upset for benching Vereen. You knew at some point he was going to blow up on the bench. It's just with the Ridley injury you think you should have known... but really you never know with New England RBs.

Even now, I'm not convinced Vereen will get this many looks in the next game. I want more proof before I'd be confident starting him. He's at least startable now, but it's still a crapshoot.

Eh. When Ridley was fumbling last year, Vereen was getting plenty of touches. This is what Vereen adds to their passing game and why Vereen had 33 catches in 4 games last year.

I think he'll be on pace for at least 15 touches a week. 10 runs and 5 receptions. Maybe more. But it looked like they were going to rotate RB's tonight and after Vereen ignited the offense, they stuck with him.

This guy might save my season.