Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Denver at New England...Shootout or let down?

Usually these games turn out to be lower scoring than projected.

Not really. High profile games, with high O/U still see their fair share of overs hit.

I know this, as I fade the ridiculously high number to lose on the regular.

Wind is steady and strong here in MA.

Don't forget that Denver love to run short screens to DT so I don't think any receiver is more affected by the wind than another.

And in a deep jump ball situation the d backs are going to be affected also.

Kickers will be most affected I think.

What the hell is Denver doing calling these timeouts and now running the ball? Guys getting fired up on both sides. Didn't see this one coming

Denver ain't that bad and the pats ain't that good. That's all got :dunno:

Denver chokes in the real big game, so don't put them in the Super Bowl quite yet.

It was snowing before the game, and the game was pretty meaningful. Of course Tom got the better of Manning. That show had been seen so much that it is in syndication.

Brady 11-5 vs manning

Manning 5-11 vs Brady

Experts picking broncos to win by 20 was a joke, Pats are pretty close to unbeatable at home

35-10 Denver. Time to make a statement. Send the house at pretty boy Brady and I can already picture him in his famous feedle position diving to the ground before they get there.

:doh: :lol:

:doh: :lol:

:clap:

certainly a great win for NE, but it still looks like DEN will end up with home field in the playoffs - and it may be a different story then.

When we woke up and saw swirling snow Sunday, you could feel the karma in NE's favor... from the home underdog, to all the expert chatter, to the champions reunion, to the snow and wind roaring in... this is when NE seems to bring its best.

To me, there are 2 reasons why NE won that game:

1. Physicality - NE's losses in recent years have been mainly about the opponent being more physical than the Pats. Sunday, NE was bringing it. Revis again didn't look that great - he's good, but best ever??? not so sure. It was Browner and the physicality of the secondary that won the day.

2. Play Fast - NE's offense isn't always able to play that fast, uptempo game that Brady excels in - new players, struggling O-line, etc has prevented them from the uptempo. They did it well Sunday and when they play like that it becomes more of a game about mental preparation than combine numbers and raw talent - teams can't react to NE's "fast break".

The Pats have elevated their game in a few short weeks - the rest of the league's iron has shown some weakness (DEN, SEA, CIN, SD, SF) so the post-season is looking wide open. DEN's schedule looks much softer than NEs... and I still don't know if the Pats win the playoff game on the road.

So again - the regular season is nice - but it means nothing really. I still feel the same way today as I did in September: NE will win the AFC East and make the playoffs, other than that, I'm just not sure.

• Like 1