Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Blue...who's rollin?

I was not able to get him so I guess I either play Jennings or Stewart who should have a delicious matchup against the woeful Falcons. But we all know how that usually winds up.

- nasty, running game friendly weather? check

- vs. below average run defense, who just put their best run stopper on IR? check

- first time starter at qb, on a run heavy team? check

- Clowney/Watt/Cushing all present for the first time in weeks, setting up some short fields? check

21/78/2 2/12/0

• Like 1

- nasty, running game friendly weather? check

- vs. below average run defense, who just put their best run stopper on IR? check

- first time starter at qb, on a run heavy team? check

- Clowney/Watt/Cushing all present for the first time in weeks, setting up some short fields? check

21/78/2 2/12/0

Damn it NPG................now you got me questioning benching Blue. :wall:

If you are playing Rainey or McKinnon ahead of Blue, assuming he starts, you are crazy. Just my opinion.

haha .... i think those numbers are quite attainable, Filth .... the Brownies are not gonna pull away with this one ...

expecting a 17-14 type game, either way. think the kid answers the bell for those taking the plunge :thumbsup:

If you are playing Rainey or McKinnon ahead of Blue, assuming he starts, you are crazy. Just my opinion.

Nah; I haven't updated my sig. Rainey not rostered anymore.

Rolling with Mathews over him. Ellington as well because Stanton should be throwing several dump offs to him against the Lions.

Nah; I haven't updated my sig. Rainey not rostered anymore.

Rolling with Mathews over him. Ellington as well because Stanton should be throwing several dump offs to him against the Lions.

Oh, ok. Ellington and Matthews make sense.

• Like 1

Problem with Blue is he hasn't done anything with his chances this year. His best game is 78 yards, he's not involved in the passing game and he hasn't found the endzone. I don't think Houston is a great offense for running backs, I think Arien Foster is a great running back when he's healthy. Some systems you can plug and play, but I don't think that is the case for Blue.

With that said, he's still not a bad roll of the dice.

Oh, ok. Ellington and Matthews make sense.

My opponent had Fred Jackson inactive and is starting Anderson so I grabbed Blue to limit his options. Hopefully Anderson is splitting carries with Ball versus a good Rams defensive front. :unsure:

My opponent had Fred Jackson inactive and is starting Anderson so I grabbed Blue to limit his options. Hopefully Anderson is splitting carries with Ball versus a good Rams defensive front. :unsure:

If Foster doesn't play, it sounds like you have a choice to make- Blue or Matthews. I think this is close enough to call a draw because you can make a case for both. Both have appealing opponents. I wonder if Houston takes blue out near the goal line. I believe they did that once before. I don't think Matthews would come out.

I picked up Blue for a zero bid (I have no budget left) last night; lots of owners in that league snoozing - but here's the greatest part. The Foster owner has two good TEs: Orange Julius and Gates.

I just traded Dwayne Allen and Alfred Blue for Julius - hours before our league's trade deadline.

Foster owner had no other viable options to start @ RB to replace Foster. This is the same league where I acquired Julio Jones.

So here is the new breakdown in this 12 team league:

Rivers/Sanchize/Wilson

Forte/Bradshaw/Jennings/Rainey/Sims/BryceB

ABrown/Jordy/Julio/Gordon

Julius/Kelce/Rudolph

Holy sheet. That's the best team I've ever put together.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

• Like 1

If Foster doesn't play, it sounds like you have a choice to make- Blue or Matthews. I think this is close enough to call a draw because you can make a case for both. Both have appealing opponents. I wonder if Houston takes blue out near the goal line. I believe they did that once before. I don't think Matthews would come out.

I almost ALWAYS choose the guy playing at home (Mathews in this case). I think with Houston benching Fitzpatrick, Cleveland may just load the box to make Mallett throw more. I'm scared of these 'dream matchups' (Cleveland's porous run defense).

I almost ALWAYS choose the guy playing at home (Mathews in this case). I think with Houston benching Fitzpatrick, Cleveland may just load the box to make Mallett throw more. I'm scared of these 'dream matchups' (Cleveland's porous run defense).

I don't blame you for being scared. I recently had my McKinnon running against a horrible defense, I think Cleveland OR tamp, and they were ranked 32 in rushing defense, and he got all of 5 points.

HORRIBLE teams usually play much better against HORRIBLE teams. I think only the good teams abuse the bad teams. So yes, beware when two horrible teams play each other- the rules are different.

• Like 1

I picked up Blue for a zero bid (I have no budget left) last night; lots of owners in that league snoozing - but here's the greatest part. The Foster owner has two good TEs: Orange Julius and Gates.

I just traded Dwayne Allen and Alfred Blue for Julius - hours before our league's trade deadline.

Foster owner had no other viable options to start @ RB to replace Foster. This is the same league where I acquired Julio Jones.

So here is the new breakdown in this 12 team league:

Rivers/Sanchize/Wilson

Forte/Bradshaw/Jennings/Rainey/Sims/BryceB

ABrown/Jordy/Julio/Gordon

Julius/Kelce/Rudolph

Holy sheet. That's the best team I've ever put together.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Nice.

I moved Forte for Rodgers in my work league. Guy has Luck but his RBs were Ellington and Bradshaw.

Rodgers/Rivers

L. Bell/Jennings/Mathews/D. Robinson

Julio/Gordon/Tate/ODB

Olsen

Crosby

Detroit/Minnesota

:banana:

• Like 1

with all due respect, Filth ... it's not like it's Luck or Peyton or Rodgers ... it's Fitztragic out/benched/replaced - dunno how good the kid Mallet's gonna shake out, but he is very familiar with O'Brien's mindset/schemes from the New England days.

HORRIBLE teams usually play much better against HORRIBLE teams. I think only the good teams abuse the bad teams. So yes, beware when two horrible teams play each other- the rules are different.

EXACTLY. Well put man.

Matchups are only good for good players/teams. Plus when they state "_____ gives up the 16th fewest points versus the run" Well, they're average then (32 teams). You look closer and they've faced opponents who use a RBBC so their numbers given to opposing RBs look better.

with all due respect, Filth ... it's not like it's Luck or Peyton or Rodgers ... it's Fitztragic out/benched/replaced - dunno how good the kid Mallet's gonna shake out, but he is very familiar with O'Brien's mindset/schemes from the New England days.

Agreed but it's still an unknown (Mallett) so why chance it if you don't have to? I'll take the safer play everytime unless I'm down big.

So with Foster out this week with a pulled groin, any chance of this being a multiple week injury? Weeks 13 & 14 (Ten & @ Jax) project to be very nice matchup versus putrid teams.

:crossesfingers:

So with Foster out this week with a pulled groin, any chance of this being a multiple week injury? Weeks 13 & 14 (Ten & @ Jax) project to be very nice matchup versus putrid teams.

:crossesfingers:

Mmm , interesting thoughts

6 catches this year so far by Blue.

I grabbed him so Foster owner wouldn't have the option. He's right behind me in the standings.

I have a bunch of middling crap of average to choose from: T Rich vs NE, J Bell @ Ari, Sankey v Pitt, and Blue @ Cle.

I'll probably go Blue.

But won't be thrilled with it...or any choice I make here.

Well due to injuries, suspension, etc i have to choose two of these following losers

Blue

McKinnon

Mason

Or I think Brandon Oliver is on waivers.

I'll probably start Blue and McKinnon. Hell, I may just pick names out of a hat. At this point it doesn't really matter

Hill and Blue? No. Go Hill. He's actually proven something.

He was better at LSU and he's better in the NFL.

Starting my boy Blue over Joke Bell in one league and Bradshaw in another. He's an everydown back that should get goal line carries. I expect 90 yards rushing with 5 receptions & a TD.

Watching the game. Just so you Blue owners know.....

Jonathin Grimes is coming in for third downs.