Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

Obama to hold 3 White House meetings today on Ferguson.

The St. Louis police chief has asked for the FBI's help investigating what he believes was a hate crime attack against a woman in the same Bosnian neighborhood where a man was beaten to death days earlier by hammer-wielding teens, and where assaults have spiked dramatically in recent months.

The 26-year-old Bosnian-American woman told police she was stopped in her car by three African-American teens early Friday morning in the city's Bevo Mill section, where tens of thousands of Bosnians settled following the civil war in the former Yugoslavia 20 years ago. The incident occurred just blocks from where Zemir Begic, a 32-year-old Bosnian-American, was beaten to death by teenagers with hammers a week earlier.

One of the assailants flashed a gun and ordered the woman out of her vehicle and another hit the woman's windshield with what police believe was a crowbar, authorities said.

"You're Bosnian," one of the suspects allegedly said. "I should just kill you now."

The woman, who was pulled from the car and then beaten, was found unconscious by a passerby, police said. The alleged statement prompted St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson to present the case to the FBI.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/09/fbi-called-to-investigate-whether-attack-on-bosnian-woman-hate-crime/

Why not?

Three reasons:

* Doesn't want to come off as an Uncle Tom.

* Doesn't have the balls.

* Wants to protect the image that all blacks are victims - that's how you keep votes.

After seeing other videos where police go overboard when trying to apprehend a person who is resisting arrest, I think it's appparent that is a conversation that needs to be had within law enforcement. There is one video of a white homeless dude in New Mexico from CNN that is pretty viral right now.

I think that should be the conversation, and is getting lost in all the white versus black racial stuff. :thumbsdown:

How do and how should law enforcement deal with people (of any race dammit) who resist arrest or refuse to listen to police officers? When is lethal force warrented? Should protocols be changed?

• Like 1

After seeing other videos where police go overboard when trying to apprehend a person who is resisting arrest, I think it's appparent that is a conversation that needs to be had within law enforcement. There is one video of a white homeless dude in New Mexico from CNN that is pretty viral right now.

I think that should be the conversation, and is getting lost in all the white versus black racial stuff. :thumbsdown:

How do and how should law enforcement deal with people (of any race dammit) who resist arrest or refuse to listen to police officers. When is lethal force warrented? Should protocols be changed?

That sounds like the James Boyd Shooting. There is a video out there on it but it didn't seem right to post it. Looks to me that the cops were way overboard.

You make a great point on this. Unfortunately, race sells. There will never be a real dialogue on the issues which is why this summit is a waste of time. People need to come to terms with the fact that there are serious issues that need to be addressed. Black on black crime, hood mentality and a lack of any parents have created a permanent underclass. It's depressing to see people trapped in that environment.

As far as the police dealings with resisting arrest, pumping bullets into people shouldn't be the first option. In this case, sounds like Brown had already gone after a gun and I feel the officer did what he had to. But this Boyd Shooting and issue in NY seem different to me. Don't these guys have tasers?

Maybe we should teach children in school how to stop when the police tell us to stop and get down when we are told to get down.

Maybe we should teach children in school how to stop when the police tell us to stop and get down when we are told to get down.

Sure, can we also train our police better?

You make a great point on this. Unfortunately, race sells. There will never be a real dialogue on the issues which is why this summit is a waste of time. People need to come to terms with the fact that there are serious issues that need to be addressed. Black on black crime, hood mentality and a lack of any parents have created a permanent underclass. It's depressing to see people trapped in that environment.

Sticking with the race angle and cops "going after" african americans. Here is my question and hopefully it comes across the way I am intending it too.

The police should profile. The police, FBI, CIA do and should profile. Hell, there are profesional law enforcement "profilers" for crying out loud. If there is a string of murders, and it appears it is a serial killer then guess what? The cops are looking for some 30 something year old white male with history of killing animals and abuse as a child. That's the profile, and that wasn't racist for me to say. Cops, FBI need any and every lead, profile, little nugget they can to catch people breaking the law. Similary if a liquor store is robbed in the ghetto, then I think its okay for a cop to stop a group of black kids who are all walking down the avenue with big coats and hoods on their heads who happen to be walking away from the scene. That's the profile, its not racist, its common sense.

Am I off base here?

Sure, can we also train our police better?

No, this is what you get with an affirmative action police force. When you lower your standards the product suffers.

No, this is what you get with an affirmative action police force. When you lower your standards the product suffers.

So, white cops (the ones people are complaining about) are there because of affirmative action?

So, white cops (the ones people are complaining about) are there because of affirmative action?

Yes Moron, affirmative action lowered all the requirements for police officers, fire fighters, etc.

You like to make up complete bs and hope it sticks right?

Id say training them not to use dangers holds that have been deemed illegal is a good thing no matter how low the qualifications supposedly were.

You like to make up complete bs and hope it sticks right?

Id say training them not to use dangers holds that have been deemed illegal is a good thing no matter how low the qualifications supposedly were.

The "dangers hold" he used isn't illegal.

Hth

Yes Moron, affirmative action lowered all the requirements for police officers, fire fighters, etc.

You might want to look into that. :lol:

Sticking with the race angle and cops "going after" african americans. Here is my question and hopefully it comes across the way I am intending it too.

The police should profile. The police, FBI, CIA do and should profile. Hell, there are profesional law enforcement "profilers" for crying out loud. If there is a string of murders, and it appears it is a serial killer then guess what? The cops are looking for some 30 something year old white male with history of killing animals and abuse as a child. That's the profile, and that wasn't racist for me to say. Cops, FBI need any and every lead, profile, little nugget they can to catch people breaking the law. Similary if a liquor store is robbed in the ghetto, then I think its okay for a cop to stop a group of black kids who are all walking down the avenue with big coats and hoods on their heads who happen to be walking away from the scene. That's the profile, its not racist, its common sense.

Am I off base here?

I had a talk with a cop about this once because Eastpointe's police department had gotten sued for profiling by the NAACP. Just as Eastpointe is so similar to Ferguson, Eastpointe's police department is also very similar to Ferguson's.

One thing that really struck me. He said "when we get a report that a black kid stole a bike, what are we supposed to do?" I honestly have no idea what he's supposed to do, but apparently investigate black kids on red Huffys isn't one of them.

You might want to look into that. :lol:

DAYTON The citys Civil Service Board and the U.S. Department of Justice have agreed on a lower passing score for the police recruit exam after it was rejected because not enough blacks passed the exam.

The city lowered both written exams a combined 15 points that resulted in 258 more people passing the exam, according to a statement released Thursday by Civil Service officials. The agreement allows the city to immediately resume its plans to hire police and firefighters.

The original passing scores determined by Civil Service required candidates to answer 57 of 86 (66 percent) questions correctly on one portion and 73 of 102 (72 percent) on the other. The lowered benchmark requires candidates to answer 50 of 86 (58 percent) questions correctly and 64 of 102 (63 percent) of questions on the other.

A total of 748 people passed the exam under the new benchmarks. It is unclear the demographics of those who passed.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/city-agrees-to-lower-test-scores-for-police-exam/nMpwf/#__federated=1

And remember, Cops are Union so you can't get rid of incompetent cops.

I guess you are the one that needs the education.

I'm the one that's taken the test for the State Police force. At the time, a non-minority (white male) needed a 96% or higher to be considered. A single minority (Black / Hispanic male, white female) needed an 86%, while a double minority (black / Hispanic woman) needed a 71% or higher. Affirmative action does lower the standards, just not for non-minorities. I qualified. and was told they weren't hiring any non-minorities. This was late 80's, it might have changed since then. One thing that hasn't changed, though... they didn't lower the qualifications to hire white males.

I'm the one that's taken the test for the State Police force. At the time, a non-minority (white male) needed a 96% or higher to be considered. A single minority (Black / Hispanic male, white female) needed an 86%, while a double minority (black / Hispanic woman) needed a 71% or higher. Affirmative action does lower the standards, just not for non-minorities. I qualified. and was told they weren't hiring any non-minorities. This was late 80's, it might have changed since then. One thing that hasn't changed, though... they didn't lower the qualifications to hire white males.

I had a similar experience; unless you were black and/or had t!ts, it is bloddy hard to get into government work directly overall.

Rholio and Ray should find the makeup artist from the movie Soul Man to help them out. Either that or practice lisping and walking like a woman then buy a purse.