Sign in to follow this  
Geezil

Who here has been baptized?

Can we have an intelligent conversation?

I have never been been. You?

Do you think it is important?

If yes, what does it represent in your mind?

If you are involved, it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation.

To answer your question, yes, I have been baptized.

Yes, I think it is important.

Though, it means more to me now than it did then (Catholic and was a baby). It meant a lot to have my children baptized and means a lot to me that they continue to accept Christ into their lives.

Listen brother, I post more intelligent topics here than anyone I can think of, so please... turn the other cheek if I offend you somehow.

Thanks for replying btw.

BTW means by the way in case you are too much of an idiot.

Listen brother, I post more intelligent topics here than anyone I can think of, so please... turn the other cheek if I offend you somehow.

Thanks for replying btw.

BTW means by the way in case you are too much of an idiot.

Really? What intelligent topics have you posted? What intelligent posts have you made?

I won't hold my breath for anything...because.

A. Going for a run and won't care.

2. You will likely overvalue what you post to think its intelligent.

iii. You won't make it through the weekend before you are sent away again.

D. You will probably spam this with GF like 15 posts before I get back and I don't care that much to read what you post anyway.

Enjoy your day.

...although maybe yoyu are past the point of turning cheeks. Never thought of that, but maybe you are.

I assume you prolly won't carry my cloak for 2 miles either. Yadayada...

• Like 1

Yes and no. I was baptized, it doesn't mean anything to me, my kids are not baptized because I am not a practicing Catholic / Christian.

• Like 1

If I had money for a cloak, (not sure how much that might cost) I would buy one just to watch you carry it.

Yes and no. I was baptized, it doesn't mean anything to me, my kids are not baptized because I am not a practicing Catholic / Christian.

See, this is how i'ts done you clown. An actual answer and no fight.

Imagine that Nuffie, you focking moron.

I was at 7. Before I figured out jesus was the same type of fairlytale that santa and the easterbunny was.

To be fair Jesus actually existed. So he's more like the type of superhero that John Smith and Muhammed were.

I am sure he did exist. Hell I have found jesus many times. He is always looking for work outside the home depot and he lays great sod.

I am sure he did exist. Hell I have found jesus many times. He is always looking for work outside the home depot and he lays great sod.

I have an awesome pic of me and Jesus in Love Park recently. IM me your email / cell # and I can text it to you. :thumbsup:

My grandparents were baptized as babies. So were my parents and so was I. Where I come from only poor folks and scumbags aren't baptized as babies.

I'm not religious at all, but for social reasons I had my daughter baptized as a baby. Don't want her growing up ashamed.

I wasn't baptised as a baby. But I was baptized and confirmed when I was 13.

I am now agnostic, so it means nothing to me.

I don't think any but the most Hardcore fundy really believes that the ceremony has any actual import to ones soul. It's a symbolic thing, a "welcome to the family of christ" thing. I think having infants baptized is silly. They should make a conscious choice for themselves when they are older.

I threw water on my son and yelled holy christ when he pissed and pooped on me the first day in the nicu. does that count?

I wasn't baptised as a baby.

I won't judge you for that.

Titan's low income heathen family is still ok in my book.

It's best to first say, unless your eyes and ears are open to it seeing and hearing, what follows will be construed as foolishness. So, you be the judge of your own response as to your condition.

Jesus said, “Go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them.” And on the day of Pentecost Peter said, “Repent and be baptized.”

The rite of baptism, however, has no regenerating power of salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith alone in the sacrifice that brings you into covenant with God. That faith to believe is also granted as a gift, not of your own ability, lest any man should boast. Baptism is a desire to publicly demonstrate the significance of dying to self and being raised a new man in Christ. But once redeemed, the washing has already taken place by the Holy Spirit, circumcising the heart of stone into a heart of flesh.

The works added in the Counsel of Trent, such as baptism and the eucharist are ceremonies…symbols. If suggested they be added to faith in Christ as redemptive measures, they are no different than the circumcision and washing ceremonies added by the Judaizers in the churches of the first century. Those who suggested such were regarded as false teachers and were to be avoided.

The thief on the cross wasn't baptized, yet entered into salvation.

• Like 1

See, this is how i'ts done you clown. An actual answer and no fight.

Imagine that Nuffie, you focking moron.

Grow up.

It's best to first say, unless your eyes and ears are open to it seeing and hearing, what follows will be construed as foolishness. So, you be the judge of your own response as to your condition.

Jesus said, “Go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them.” And on the day of Pentecost Peter said, “Repent and be baptized.”

The rite of baptism, however, has no regenerating power of salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith alone in the sacrifice that brings you into covenant with God. That faith to believe is also granted as a gift, not of your own ability, lest any man should boast. Baptism is a desire to publicly demonstrate the significance of dying to self and being raised a new man in Christ. But once redeemed, the washing has already taken place by the Holy Spirit, circumcising the heart of stone into a heart of flesh.

The works added in the Counsel of Trent, such as baptism and the eucharist are ceremonies…symbols. If suggested they be added to faith in Christ as redemptive measures, they are no different than the circumcision and washing ceremonies added by the Judaizers in the churches of the first century. Those who suggested such were regarded as false teachers and were to be avoided.

The thief on the cross wasn't baptized, yet entered into salvation.

True...the act of the baptism is symbolic of accepting Jesus as your savior. A welcome to the faith for babies in some faiths and later "re-upped" as confirmation.

I won't judge you for that.

Titan's low income heathen family is still ok in my book.

My dad is a rather rabid athiest. When they got divorced, mom started taking us back to church, which I did for twenty years or so.