Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

AFC games on Fox

I am confused. Fox is showing Colts/Browns today (jeez, who would've thought that this would be a game worth watching!) and I've seen them show a few other AFC matchups this year.

I thought CBS does AFC and Fox does NFC? Is that not true anymore?

:huh:

Interesting. I think CBS did the Lions/Bears game on Thanksgiving, but I figured that was just some special deal to give all of the networks some love.

Maybe if the schedule works out such that most of the games are on one network, they toss some to the other network? :dunno:

Corporate law class.

You wouldn't know about all that.

Forget to log in under the right handle? :(

I am confused. Fox is showing Colts/Browns today (jeez, who would've thought that this would be a game worth watching!) and I've seen them show a few other AFC matchups this year.

I thought CBS does AFC and Fox does NFC? Is that not true anymore?

The NFL can cross-flex games now... Started this year...

From wiki:

The NFL introduced two major changes to the flexible scheduling procedure. First, the league will be able to "cross-flex" games between CBS and Fox, enabling CBS to televise NFC away games (for the first time since 1993), and Fox to broadcast AFC away games (for the first time since 2011, and all-AFC matchups for the first time ever). The league can "cross-flex" some of these games before the start of, or during, the season. The first game affected by this "cross-flexing" change was the Week One contest between the Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears at Soldier Field, which aired on Fox instead of CBS; all four of the Bills' interconference games (including their Week 5 game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field) will air on Fox this year, and in week 6, an all-AFC matchup, again involving the Bills (this time a division rivalry game against the New England Patriots) was moved to Fox, exacerbating financial problems at Buffalo's CBS affiliate WIVB-TV. An all-NFC matchup between the Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks was given to CBS. The aforementioned Detroit Lions-Chicago Bears Thanksgiving game was also given to CBS instead of Fox.

On April 23, 2014, the league announced a second major change to the flexible scheduling procedure: Games may be flexed into the NBC Sunday Night time slot as soon as week 5. NBC will be allowed to flex up to two games between weeks 5 and 10, while the same rules applies for the remainder of the season.

I am confused. Fox is showing Colts/Browns today (jeez, who would've thought that this would be a game worth watching!)

Faux :thumbsdown:

not really an explanation as to WHY they decided to do this after 21 years, though.

i wonder if it is based on complaints from the opposing network in a home team's city ... ie. the fox channel in buffalo wants the chance to build its ratings so it complains that it doesn't get to show enough bills games.

i noticed this had happened a couple of weeks ago with the 'crossover' games and when fox promoed next week's games i noticed it is showing bengals-browns.

Real men watch red zone

Some of us like to watch and understand a whole game rather than just viewing constant highlights across the league. Red Zone channel is nice at times but IMO the true fans tend to watch the actual games. :thumbsup:

I have noticed this as well, its amazing what crap games we get when the Lions aren't playing. Not that we don't get crap games when the Lions ARE playing...lol.

Thanksgiving I think alternates between CBS and Fox for Detroit and Dallas games.

Some of us like to watch and understand a whole game rather than just viewing constant highlights across the league. Red Zone channel is nice at times but IMO the true fans tend to watch the actual games. :thumbsup:

The live game sucks. There is no flow to the game with all the red flags, yellow flags, TD reviews, turnover reviews, etc. The average NFL game lasts around 3 hours and 15 minutes. In that time frame you get 11 minutes of action and 47 minutes of commercials, the rest is fluff.

did you put bows on the tree during the commercials ?

The live game sucks. There is no flow to the game with all the red flags, yellow flags, TD reviews, turnover reviews, etc. The average NFL game lasts around 3 hours and 15 minutes. In that time frame you get 11 minutes of action and 47 minutes of commercials, the rest is fluff.

I think it's cute how you come to drobeski's aid even in non-political threads. You two should get hitched :wub:

the NFL Network does a really good job of cheering recaps of james. It's not just highlights, it's virtually every play of the game without all the standing around and commentary and commercial breaks.

there is a break for commercial at the end of every quarter where they also do quarterly statistics. Even if I've seen a game live or on you I still like to watch the recap. There's a lot more flow and you really take in much more of the game instead of sort of zoning in and zoning out.

the NFL Network does a really good job of cheering recaps of james. It's not just highlights, it's virtually every play of the game without all the standing around and commentary and commercial breaks.

there is a break for commercial at the end of every quarter where they also do quarterly statistics. Even if I've seen a game live or on you I still like to watch the recap. There's a lot more flow and you really take in much more of the game instead of sort of zoning in and zoning out.

lofton ?