Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Demarco Murray - Broken Hand

This is a good time to broach a topic:

How feasible is it for those with weak RB2s to play BOTH Murray and Randle? Let's consider that for a second:

1) Protects downside. If Murray exits quickly because something happens, you have Randle there to capture all the work. This is sound strategy if you believe your team is superior to your opponent's, and removes the possibility of no production from your RB1 spot;

2) More than viable chance that Randle gets double the work he's had prior, which IMO means at least a 50% chance of a TD. I can see Murray being pulled in GL situations for Randle, to avoid 'close-contact' scenarios that raise the possibility of injury to Murray's hand.

3) Randle has put up up to 10 points in games this year in garbage time, or by breaking off a 10+yd TD.

I'll have to think about the viability of sitting someone like Latavius or Boom for Randle just for those reasons.

i'd play murray and dunbar before randle

dunbar will come in on passing downs

Meh - I'm not a big fan of Dunbar. I think Randle is the protection upside, and will earn points of his own regardless.

It's very bold move which could pay off better than those rbs you mentioned. If you have a top 20 guy at rb2 though don't over think it

I'm struggling between demarco and Harry Douglas as my flex play. It's non ppr. If Julio is out I may roll douglas for the safeness. My issue isn't the pain tolerance it's more a nerve issue due to the fourth metacarpal fx and him dropping the ball. One fumble and he hits the pine

I'm struggling between demarco and Harry Douglas as my flex play. It's non ppr. If Julio is out I may roll douglas for the safeness. My issue isn't the pain tolerance it's more a nerve issue due to the fourth metacarpal fx and him dropping the ball. One fumble and he hits the pine

Not in non-ppr you don't. Douglas is really good in PPR; not so much elsewhere: he doesn't score much.

- I saw this contraption Murray will be wearing tomorrow ... looks extremely cumbersome.

I have no doubt dude will be 'active' ... but, man ... that's a huge leap of faith by anyone expecting business as usual for him.

Anyone think randle is the safer play all together?

He should get at least 10 touches and if murray fumbles early or has a setback he will get the lion share rest of game

- I saw this contraption Murray will be wearing tomorrow ... looks extremely cumbersome.

I have no doubt dude will be 'active' ... but, man ... that's a huge leap of faith by anyone expecting business as usual for him.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports expectations are DeMarco Murray (hand, questionable) will play Week 16 against the Colts.

This report jibes with the general feeling around Cowboys' camp this week. Murray is fully expected to be active and start against the Colts, though he may lose some pass-game work to Lance Dunbar. Murray is a must start if active, but with RT Doug Free (ankle, doubtful) and RG Zack Martin (ankle, questionable) likely out, he may find less running room than usual against Indianapolis.

Just saw a good segment on NFL Network by Terrell Davis. He brought a lot of good points about all the things to do with his left hand: Murray needing to brace himself when he goes down, stiff arm defenders as pass block....all things that that slightest aggravation and he could be seeing pine...& you know defense is going to be swatting hit hard!

I am seriously considering playing Joseph Randle even if Murray plays.....If I do, it would be over Boom Herron (as I lost R. Jennings!) We are a 1/2 point per reception league...anyone like this logic?

Yeah, I don't know what to do either. I'm thinking the Randle/Herron strategy isn't a bad one either. :unsure:

yeah, it's great until murray plays the entire game and ends up 210/3 sitting on my focking bench

• Like 1

yeah, it's great until murray plays the entire game and ends up 210/3 sitting on my focking bench

To that end, I think I'm going to play Herron and Murray. You gotta roll with likely the most important player on your roster all year, don't you? If he's giving you the effort to get out there, then you have to rely on him to perform.

What's nice is that the DAL O line has blown some LARGE holes for Murray to run through, so maybe his left hand will be a non-issue.

I think. :unsure:

To that end, I think I'm going to play Herron and Murray. You gotta roll with likely the most important player on your roster all year, don't you? If he's giving you the effort to get out there, then you have to rely on him to perform.

What's nice is that the DAL O line has blown some LARGE holes for Murray to run through, so maybe his left hand will be a non-issue.

I think. :unsure:

unfortunately 2/5 of the starting line is injured and might not play

No free no Martin .

do you have some special source of news? last i checked, martin was probably going to go, while free is listed as doubtful and might not make the trip.