Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Demarco Murray - Broken Hand

I had Lacy this week and my opponent (Murray owner) got Starks. He said and I quote, "E it was a D move, but I got Starks!"

Well now I have the waiver priority over him and I'm going to reply:

"Yea, it's a D move, but I got Randle and am going to start him!"

I have Lacy, Ivory, L. Murray, and will have Randle. Based on what I've seen, I have to go Lacy and Randle.

• Like 1

If I make the dance, I just pray the teams that are eliminated stay off the waivers. :wall:

No doubt! In my league, the Murray owner used up all allotted transactions. ( I still have 2 moves left). Will probably pick up Randle. But would you start him over Lacy, McCoy or Hill? Can play 2.

• Like 1

I had Lacy this week and my opponent (Murray owner) got Starks. He said and I quote, "E it was a D move, but I got Starks!"

Well now I have the waiver priority over him and I'm going to reply:

"Yea, it's a D move, but I got Randle and am going to start him!"

I have Lacy, Ivory, L. Murray, and will have Randle. Based on what I've seen, I have to go Lacy and Randle.

Poetic justice!

• Like 1

The Murray owner in my league pulled off the upset this week and took out the points leader. Now I play him in the championship :banana:

No doubt! In my league, the Murray owner used up all allotted transactions. ( I still have 2 moves left). Will probably pick up Randle. But would you start him over Lacy, McCoy or Hill? Can play 2.

I'd probably go Lacy and Hill.............maybe Lacy and Randle.

According to DallasCowboys.com's Bryan Broaddus, the "early thinking" is DeMarco Murray (hand) will play in Week 16 against the Colts.

A former longtime Cowboys and NFL scout, Broaddus is as plugged-in as anyone covering the team. Cowboys VP Stephen Jones stated on Sirius XM Radio Monday that Murray faced an "uphill battle" to face Indianapolis, but that may have been gamesmanship ahead of arguably the biggest game of Week 16. It's worth noting that Murray's band surgery on his hand was performed on his left hand. Murray primarily carries the ball with his right hand. The injury could affect him in pass protection and as a receiver, but Murray should be all systems go as a ball carrier against the Colts.

Not sure how I feel about this impact on his receiving game, his blocking, or his stiff arm. The Colts are a good run matchup, but darn. I may turn to Freddie Jack instead.

I'll go on record as saying I think Dallas is in big trouble. In fact this injury will seal the deal for Murray as they'll finally discover how much they depend on him.

I'm laughing my ass off at the sports talk radio honks. Listening to the early show on the main station this morning, their primary axis of conversation had to do with Dallas' December history, how typical it would be of the Cowboys to beat Indy this week then lay down against the Skins in Week 17 to blow the division.

Then to conclude the take-

"And we'll get to DeMarco Murray 's hand injury sometime late in the 7 o'clock hour..."

I'm laughing my arse off. Like there's anything more important.

Everyone is worried about Murray - understandably so. But the real concern maybe isn't Demarco at all. The real concern to me is D. Free and Z. Martin......... Randle and Dunbar give you a fair shot to still get by. If Free and Martin are out - we are totally focked, and it doesn't matter who is running the ball.

I would be kind of surprised if he doesn't play. They are better with him than without him. Even at 50%.

I have the fortune of playing in our Title match this week and my opponent has DM and i don't.

But I have Odell !!

Everyone is worried about Murray - understandably so. But the real concern maybe isn't Demarco at all. The real concern to me is D. Free and Z. Martin......... Randle and Dunbar give you a fair shot to still get by. If Free and Martin are out - we are totally focked, and it doesn't matter who is running the ball.

Didn't Martin return to the game? And even Free was shaking his off post game. I saw that as well.

Didn't Martin return to the game? And even Free was shaking his off post game. I saw that as well.

Martin did - but he was full of adrenaline and tape. His foot has swelled up and is pretty sore now... Free is actually the bigger concern. His is an ankle sprain and it's sounding like he will be out.

I think he'll have the dreaded GTD attached to him. I'm playing against him in the championship and my opponent's alternative is Bishop Sankey :lol:

Here's hoping for a week off for DM

Free is out for a few weeks! Martin should go! Parnell is an okay replacement!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWR@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Free is out for a few weeks! Martin should go! Parnell is an okay replacement!

Parnell is a giant mountain of a man, but he's slow and has poor foot work. Between him starting and Murray's hand - Romo is in real danger this week. At least Parnell will be on the right side, Romo will be able to see it coming somewhat.

Every offensive line has one Big Nasty. He's the guy who doesn't give a flying fock - he's the guy who send down the dark alley at midnight with no worries. Zack Martin is the Cowboys' Big Nasty.

Some trainers/coaches who were there during the Emmitt Smith era have chimed in on this I guess. Emmitt suffered the exact same injury - and missed a game because of it - but was fitted with a padded glove, which Emmitt reported worked so well that he felt able to do pretty much everything he had to do during the following game.

That was years ago. Let's hope PT tech/surgical techniques have improved enough that this go-around DeMarco will have a good enough experience controlling swelling/pain along with a fitted padded protective glove that he'll be able to do in the first game what Emmitt couldn't do until game 2.

I'm oddly optimistic.

And it's and afternoon game at home!!!!! Wtf!?!? Dallas rarely plays he afternoon game at home!!!

And that, ladies 'n germs, is why you insure your starters with capable handcuffs - if you don't have step in alternatives.

And that, ladies 'n germs, is why you insure your starters with capable handcuffs - if you don't have step in alternatives.

True......

Especially guys with some injury history who are being run into the ground.

True......

Especially guys with some injury history who are being run into the ground.

randle's gonna suck ass

I'd probably go Lacy and Hill.............maybe Lacy and Randle.

I would play Randle over Hill and McCoy, but not Lacy

I would play Randle over Hill and McCoy, but not Lacy

In a similar boat with Hill. But can you really bench him after last week's performance?

And it's and afternoon game at home!!!!! Wtf!?!? Dallas rarely plays he afternoon game at home!!!

I may be wrong but my perception of Murray is that he heals slowly and is not very effective when playing at less than 100%

I may be wrong but my perception of Murray is that he heals slowly and is not very effective when playing at less than 100%

i'll take murray at 69% over randle at 100%

- so, it appears that Stephania "Freddie Krueger" Bell thinks he has a very good shot at playing, and delivering an awful lot of his usual workload.

no rink from mobile, but I just ran across the article.

They exact type of fracture has yet to be released. Bcoz of that, I'm still pretty hesitant to be as optimistic as most seem to be..... I personally think Randle and Dunbar will be more than fine if called upon to carry the load. Randle is averaging 7 plus yards a carry. The real concern comes in blocking schemes - neither of those two are very good at it.

I guess he figures if Romo can play with 2 back fractures and a cracked rib, he can suck it up and play too. :thumbsup:

I guess he figures if Romo can play with 2 back fractures and a cracked rib, he can suck it up and play too. :thumbsup:

Looks like his talk with Emmit bore some fruit.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys have left the decision to play Week 16 against the Colts up to DeMarco Murray (hand), "in which case he will definitely opt to play."

Murray's going to give it a go Sunday. He has an outside shot at netting 2,000 rushing yards -- he currently sits at 1,687 -- and is said to have a high pain tolerance. Murray's broken bone is in his left (non-dominant) hand. If he suits up, owners have to play him. Murray is having an historic season and has a plus Week 16 matchup against a leaky Colts run defense. We can't expect Murray to carry it 30 times, but 20-plus touches is doable.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys have left the decision to play Week 16 against the Colts up to DeMarco Murray (hand), "in which case he will definitely opt to play."

Murray's going to give it a go Sunday. He has an outside shot at netting 2,000 rushing yards -- he currently sits at 1,687 -- and is said to have a high pain tolerance. Murray's broken bone is in his left (non-dominant) hand. If he suits up, owners have to play him. Murray is having an historic season and has a plus Week 16 matchup against a leaky Colts run defense. We can't expect Murray to carry it 30 times, but 20-plus touches is doable.

This is a good time to broach a topic:

How feasible is it for those with weak RB2s to play BOTH Murray and Randle? Let's consider that for a second:

1) Protects downside. If Murray exits quickly because something happens, you have Randle there to capture all the work. This is sound strategy if you believe your team is superior to your opponent's, and removes the possibility of no production from your RB1 spot;

2) More than viable chance that Randle gets double the work he's had prior, which IMO means at least a 50% chance of a TD. I can see Murray being pulled in GL situations for Randle, to avoid 'close-contact' scenarios that raise the possibility of injury to Murray's hand.

3) Randle has put up up to 10 points in games this year in garbage time, or by breaking off a 10+yd TD.

I'll have to think about the viability of sitting someone like Latavius or Boom for Randle just for those reasons.