Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Odell 1.1, who goes 1.2?

Keenan Allen was a stud his rookie year, and still finished with 77 receptions this year despite missing games

however, Keenan Allen never actually was a stud, dude ran a 4.76 40, about the only thing he is even in the same league as ODB is route running. Except ODB can run deep routes and Allen cant

ODB is in the same tier of 2nd yr WR's as AJ, Julio, Calvin, and Demaryius all were. Elite talents who wont be effected by sophomore slumps

And anyone that takes Calvin over ODB is crazy

Antonio Ok, Demaryius-maybe, Julio-if you are upside guy (then draft ODB anyways)

Calvin will be worst value pick in next years draft. I would never draft Julio again as high as I did as long as Ryan is his qb. He is who he is a guy who will fail a a least half a dozen games and give your wr no chance

The safest pick in draft is probably Antonio Brown for those who always get burnt by RBs and WRs who get shut down every other game (Calvin comes to mind)

Keenan Allen was a stud his rookie year, and still finished with 77 receptions this year despite missing games

however, Keenan Allen never actually was a stud, dude ran a 4.76 40, about the only thing he is even in the same league as ODB is route running. Except ODB can run deep routes and Allen cant

ODB is in the same tier of 2nd yr WR's as AJ, Julio, Calvin, and Demaryius all were. Elite talents who wont be effected by sophomore slumps

And anyone that takes Calvin over ODB is crazy

Antonio Ok, Demaryius-maybe, Julio-if you are upside guy (then draft ODB anyways)

The only WRs I feel safer taking over ODB is Antonio Brown and Dez Bryant. Dez is a safe 1300 and 13 every year with potential for more.

The next Jerry Rice?

Not possible.

The next Randy Moss, maybe

Picked up ODB off the wire in two leagues after people gave up on him a few weeks before he exploded. Will be keeping him and would love it if he is fact the real deal but do not see him sustaining this pace next year. I would not be offering up the ADP he will be commanding in redraft leagues next year though. Winning it all in FF is 90% value picking. Look at the top teams in your FF leagues. Chances are they have guys like Emmanuel Sanders, Andrew Luck, and Le'veon Bell on their teams and they did not reach for them.

Nobody had film on him this season due to his injury in camp and into the season but teams will figure out how to slow him down this offseason. I love his potential, his heart, his freakish ability and all of that, but I wonder if he can keep that effort up for an entire season. For every Antonio Brown there are lots of Flash Gordons, Braylon Edwards, David Bostons, Brandon Lloyds, etc.

Back to the topic at hand. 1.2 is Gronk. Not just for his scoring, but to keep him away from everyone else.

Back to the topic at hand. 1.2 is Gronk. Not just for his scoring, but to keep him away from everyone else.

naw, with my first round pick I want the guy who can score me the most points

rather have Beckham and Bennett/Olsen/Gates than Gronk and (insert 7th round WR here)

ODB reminds me of a young Randy Moss.

I'm surprised it's taken someone this long to bring up Moss. Maybe the only comparable rookie numbers...ever.

I don't see any reason why ODB couldn't be Jerry Rice...yet.

Kid has all the tools and then some. Runs ANY route and they`re precise and quick. Decent size, not 6:4 but more than makes up for it with freakish hand eye coordination. Breakaway speed, any reception has the abilty to turn into a 50+ yd score. Fearless attitude, almost to a fault. Biggest concern I feel will be this off season. Guy has gotten unbelieveable amout of P R, well deserved. If he stays focused and uses his 1`st pro off-season to work on his craft then who knows( current off. minded rules could translate in to a 2000 yd year). If he gets into a more "Manzel " style could go the other way. Get out of NYC this winter, go home work out and keep a cool head.

Send me the invite. And then send me a check....... :Manzielmoneysign:

Haha......Good one!!

I'm surprised it's taken someone this long to bring up Moss. Maybe the only comparable rookie numbers...ever.

I don't see any reason why ODB couldn't be Jerry Rice...yet.

Rice had 2 of the top 5 QBs of all time throwing to him.

wow has ODB value has climbed. I am so glad I had the insight to nab him off wire weeks before he came back. I knew he was special, but nobody could predict this freekish ability. The skies the limit for this special kid. He is a class act too, we are facebuke friends and he posts all kinds of nice things about his daughter his mom and even does attire giveaways. I in real good shape next year as he demarious thomas McCoy and gronk are my 4 keepers. I have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. Hopefully I can surround my great core of four with enough talent to win the championship next year. Either way I got ODB and he is so enjoyable to watch play football.

wow has ODB value has climbed. I am so glad I had the insight to nab him off wire weeks before he came back. I knew he was special, but nobody could predict this freekish ability. The skies the limit for this special kid. He is a class act too, we are facebuke friends and he posts all kinds of nice things about his daughter his mom and even does attire giveaways. I in real good shape next year as he demarious thomas McCoy and gronk are my 4 keepers. I have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. Hopefully I can surround my great core of four with enough talent to win the championship next year. Either way I got ODB and he is so enjoyable to watch play football.

Facebook friends?

I am happy with Dez as a keeper, but man ODB seems to be the real deal

I'm in the same boat as you are. The thing that most people aren't calculating is the defensive coordinators will have all summer to look at film. He might be the real deal but there are ways to stop anybody even if it involves targeting Eli.

Send me the invite. And then send me a check....... :Manzielmoneysign:

Well if you want to really throw away your money...

I loved having ODB off the waiver wire but I don't think you can take a guy early first based on one year of data (actually part of one year). We said the same thing about Gordon, he comes back and looks ordinary. ODB might be amazing again, but he also might not be. Too much risk to take at the top of the first. Eli could suck, Cruz could steal balls, ODB just might have had a magic year he can't repeat. After two years of that type of performance, then I would go first round. I'm really wary of one year wonders after the last couple seasons.

I don't know if I will play fantasy next year (right now I don't care, but who knows when next season rolls around) but I was thinking of ODB myself. Reminds me of the Brady-Moss combination several years ago, I knew they'd blow up but I didn't want to "reach" for them, and I watched as other teams took them a round or two above ADP and rolled all year long (only to lose in the first week of the playoffs lol).

Giants will probably win the SB next season and I am putting money on that. That team wins every 4 years. They won in 2008 and 2012. They are due for 2016. Eli has his target and now can pile up the yardage, probably the Giant's pass rushers will be healthy too for the first time in awhile.

I think ODB-Gronk-Eli is the credited first 3 rounds next year if you can get them. If Rodgers or Luck drop to round 3 of course you grab them up, but they probably won't. Eli should probably be around though. Round 4 you take whichever Packer's WR is still on the board (Nelson or Cobb, one is very likely to be there). Then round 5 is where you decide to start going for RBs or another WR if someone drops.

I think ODB-Gronk-Eli is the credited first 3 rounds next year if you can get them. If Rodgers or Luck drop to round 3 of course you grab them up, but they probably won't. Eli should probably be around though. Round 4 you take whichever Packer's WR is still on the board (Nelson or Cobb, one is very likely to be there). Then round 5 is where you decide to start going for RBs or another WR if someone drops.

Eli Manning in the 3rd round!?!? That's just crazy!

Eli Manning in the 3rd round!?!? That's just crazy!

That's what people said about Brady too way back. It depends what you're projecting and what the ADPs are. You can mock and get an idea, but on draft day I've found that the mocks don't always hold true. If you think Eli is going to have a 5k yardage 40 TD type year, then you draft him based on that, and don't worry about taking him earlier because someone else might have the same idea. If you're really set on a specific player, you have to get them earlier and don't worry about the ADP but worry about where you'd slot them if they do what you think they'll do.

Obviously though it can backfire. Not saying it's a guarantee or anything. I'd look to see his general ADP next year, if he's going really late then you have way more time, but if people are jumping on him in the 4th/5th round area, you might have to grab him in the 3rd to get him.

That's what people said about Brady too way back. It depends what you're projecting and what the ADPs are. You can mock and get an idea, but on draft day I've found that the mocks don't always hold true. If you think Eli is going to have a 5k yardage 40 TD type year, then you draft him based on that, and don't worry about taking him earlier because someone else might have the same idea. If you're really set on a specific player, you have to get them earlier and don't worry about the ADP but worry about where you'd slot them if they do what you think they'll do.

Obviously though it can backfire. Not saying it's a guarantee or anything. I'd look to see his general ADP next year, if he's going really late then you have way more time, but if people are jumping on him in the 4th/5th round area, you might have to grab him in the 3rd to get him.

I think you can get him in the 6th-8th round next year. I don't think anybody is projecting Manning at 40 TDs and 5000 yards next year. He has never thrown for over 5000 yards and his career high is 31 TDs in a year. Not to mention these QBs will probably go before him : Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Ryan and Romo. He would probably be drafted with Stafford, Rothelisberger, Rivers and Tannehill group. Point is you can get him later in the draft or draft a player of equal value much later than 3rd round. I understand your point of reaching for certain players but he us not one of them.

Let's see:

Jermey Shockey

Plaxico Buress

Steve Smith

Victor Cruz

Hakeem Nicks

O D B

Yeah, Eli has really held those guys back.

And I didn't even add Peyton Manning to that list of players.

I think you can get him in the 6th-8th round next year. I don't think anybody is projecting Manning at 40 TDs and 5000 yards next year. He has never thrown for over 5000 yards and his career high is 31 TDs in a year. Not to mention these QBs will probably go before him : Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Ryan and Romo. He would probably be drafted with Stafford, Rothelisberger, Rivers and Tannehill group. Point is you can get him later in the draft or draft a player of equal value much later than 3rd round. I understand your point of reaching for certain players but he us not one of them.

Peyton's done. I would not draft him next year.

I make the Brady comparison because Brady didn't have the stats either, and hence people said he'd go later. Yet, I distinctly remember Brady going in the 3rd or 4th round in all my drafts, and Moss going the 1st or 2nd. This despite the fact that both were considered to be low ADP guys and "nobody" expected them to have a good season. For Moss because he was said to be washed up, for Brady because he was a "system QB" and had never even thrown for 30 TDs in a season, and had only 1 year of 4k yards. I remember waiting that year to get better "value" and missing out on them, despite KNOWING they'd blow up the way they did. The only reason it doesn't really bother me is because they both stunk the first week of the playoffs, so I wound up beating them anyway.

Also, Eli had a 5k year, unless you're being really technical, most people will just round up 4,933 to 5k because writing out 4933 takes longer, and it takes longer to say, and it's pretty stupid to nitpick on that. For all intents and purposes, that is a "5k year" because the number itself is meaningless, it simply denotes a high yardage total. Eli is 12th on the all time single season passing yardage list, to insinuate he has never thrown for a high yardage total is utterly asinine. I will assume you just had no idea that he threw for that amount, because you don't know football, and you were talking out of your ass. So really, since you don't know crap about football, it's actually a waste of time even replying to you or taking anything you write seriously. But I did anyway, so I guess you trolled me. Congrats.

Peyton's done. I would not draft him next year.

I make the Brady comparison because Brady didn't have the stats either, and hence people said he'd go later. Yet, I distinctly remember Brady going in the 3rd or 4th round in all my drafts, and Moss going the 1st or 2nd. This despite the fact that both were considered to be low ADP guys and "nobody" expected them to have a good season. For Moss because he was said to be washed up, for Brady because he was a "system QB" and had never even thrown for 30 TDs in a season, and had only 1 year of 4k yards. I remember waiting that year to get better "value" and missing out on them, despite KNOWING they'd blow up the way they did. The only reason it doesn't really bother me is because they both stunk the first week of the playoffs, so I wound up beating them anyway.

Also, Eli had a 5k year, unless you're being really technical, most people will just round up 4,933 to 5k because writing out 4933 takes longer, and it takes longer to say, and it's pretty ###### stupid to nitpick on that. For all intents and purposes, that is a "5k year" because the number itself is meaningless, it simply denotes a high yardage total. Eli is 12th on the all time single season passing yardage list, to insinuate he has never thrown for a high yardage total is utterly asinine. I will assume you just had no idea that he threw for that amount, because you don't know football, and you were talking out of your ass. So really, since you don't know crap about football, it's actually a waste of time even replying to you or taking anything you write seriously. But I did anyway, so I guess you trolled me. Congrats.

Well that escalated quickly haha. No need to be a +*%# about it. I was just trying to talk football. Maybe it was nit picking but he has never thrown for 5000 yards and has only thrown over 4500 once in his career( the year you are referring too) Should we round his 31 TDs up to 35 so it looks better too? Please, don't compare Eli manning with 2 hall of fame players, especially Tom Brady. Listen I agree, Eli could/should be a good value next year. I'll be targeting him in most drafts too but not the 3rd round. 5th the earliest. That is where we agree and disagree. So, by all means take him in the 3rd round. Then next year one of us will be saying "I told you so".

their is no way eli goes before round 5 in any legit draft, here are his averages over 10 year career

yds: 4,000

td: 26

int: 19

f/lost: 4

rating: 82.4

Thank you FlyFreak! A voice of reason..... I was going to average out his career stats but I was busy at work.

brady and brees have similar stats, but much better turnover ratio

brees is on the downside and with changing offensive philosophy i wouldn't take him until late 3rd early 4th

brady is always gonna be tied to his receiving corps and unless hoodie gets him a legit #1 (dez, marshall) i put him in same boat as brees

Exactly... The point is you can get a QB of equal value of Eli much later in the draft. 5000 yards and 40 TDs is a lofty projection for someone who averages 4000 yds and hasn't come close to 40 TDs in his career.

Eli is always going to disappoint.. he's so inconsistent. He always has some games with 0 points.

Guys, please stop convincing people that Eli doesn't deserve a 3rd round pick or ODB a number one over all. Fantasy is MUCH easier with the naive still in the bliss of delusion.

• Like 1