Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Tomsula hired

Seems like most of these threads (like "Coaching Carousel") are copying and pasting Rotoworld blurbs anyway.

i'm sorry if i offended you

So they hired the guy that would have gotten the interim job if Harbaugh would have been let go? I thought this was a dream job for a coach to take. Seems like an odd move to promote a line coach to HC just like that.

Who?

Who?

He is their D-Line coach. They were probably turned down by the big names out there and he was their fall back. They are claiming this move is for continuity, but they lost Harbaugh and Roman, and now Fangio, their DC, will probably leave because he got leap-frogged.

Seems like a very odd move to go defensive again. They have no offensive chops on their coaching staff now.

He is their D-Line coach. They were probably turned down by the big names out there and he was their fall back. They are claiming this move is for continuity, but they lost Harbaugh and Roman, and now Fangio, their DC, will probably leave because he got leap-frogged.

Seems like a very odd move to go defensive again. They have no offensive chops on their coaching staff now.

It will be extremely surprising if Vic Fangio sticks around after a stunt like this.

It would be less surprising if he gave York a good punch on his way out. :)

JFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :wall:

Don't worry, Shore.... You know a few Niners's fans on this board will give you an overly positive perspective on this move.

Don't worry, Shore.... You know a few Niners's fans on this board will give you an overly positive perspective on this move.

And they can go fock themselves with a rusty pineapple. This wreaks of Singletary 2.0. Nice run while it lasted. :wall:

Props to Tomulsa for landing the gig. I don't know the guy or what he brings to the table but when you're in his line of work, being offered a job as NFL head coach for a talented team, it is an opportunity of a lifetime so you jump on it. So no disrespect to Tomulsa, but nobody watching what went down respects the 3rd rate amateur morons managing the team who ran off a great coach to hire him. Everybody thinks they're fockups.

Curiously, all the top candidates who's names are always being linked in visits and rumors to other teams in this year's revolving door coaching circle must have passed on this job. If being a respected coach and proven winner doesn't impress them, what does? Tomulsa is probably also required to cede power to these same fools as they searched for the anti-Harbaugh and kept running up the phone bill and crossing names off the list. Finally they settled on the guy who nobody heard of or had been considering, promoted from inside the organization.

Well, good luck, HC Tomulsa. You've got huge shoes to fill and have idiots running your team, but also the chance to claim a top prize job in your line of work. Nobody knows who you are but it's within your power to change that.

Clearly the niners want a yes man. Would be slightly easier to swallow if the niners gave fangio a million dollar raise in order to keep him. Now we'll lose him and get raiders scraps. I'm smelling 6-10 easily next year. Possibly the year after as well. No disrespect to tomsula but the of the idea was to "win superbowls" you hire someone with experience and not a yes man.

This can easily turn this franchise into the gutter of a good 10 years. Coaches won't want to coach here and players won't want to play here. Sigh...

Should change title to "PROMOTED" instead of "HIRED".

He was already the DL coach.

If you want to play the semantics game, the title should be

Tomsula Is Now Interim Head Coach

Because, let's all just be realistic.

If you want to play the semantics game, the title should be

Tomsula Is Now Interim Head Coach

Because, let's all just be realistic.

:thumbsup:

Solid point.

Now the talk is Fangio to DC... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/15/vic-fangio-emerges-as-a-d-c-candidate-in-d-c/

How bad of an organization do you have to be to have your Defensive Coordinator leave to take the same position on the Redskins...?

SF management knew he wouldn't stay after being passed over for the promotion. That in itself doesn't assume any judgements about the overall stability of the organization. Calm down with the absurd statements.

I must say, York's ongoing campaign to court and develop a new and wealthier fan base is apparently building quite a head of steam. He has seemed intent upon divorcing himself from San Francisco (how the hell is it that he gets to steal the City's name, by the way?), the Bay Area and the longtime faithful by waging a war of attrition on their loyalty and patience.

Sure, Levi Stadium has yet to yield any significant homefield advantage for the Santa Clara 49ers, has nonexistant parking, nightmarish traffic and exhorbitant pricing (it runs around 600. for an average family of four to attend a game there), but it's shiny, high-tech sh1t, don't you know...and hey, you can rent it out for executive parties and such! After all, Silicon Valley is where the money is, honey - and money is the sole name of the game, for York.

I don't know how much attention the situation garnered in the rest of the nation at the time, but the beginning of the 2014 season is when the philosophical schism between Harbaugh, York and Balke began to become very apparent locally - when Harbaugh refused to allow his players to practice on the crappy, brand-new turf at Levi, and it ended up having to be entirely replaced THREE times before a game could be safely played upon it. It became more obvious as the season advanced, that Harbaugh cared about the players, the team, whereas York was/is all about marketing a product that has little (if anything) to do with the players and coaches - or fans, for that matter.

Meh...there's more, but /rant for now.

Edit: Eddie DeBartolo, we miss you, man!

Sounds like Fredo Corrleone inherited a football team. Can't wait till Jerry Jones' halfwit offspring take the reigns in Dallas.

• Like 1

Worse than I thought unless he is trying to play the Bellicheck routine

Sounds like Fredo Corrleone inherited a football team. Can't wait till Jerry Jones' halfwit offspring take the reigns in Dallas.

It was Stephen Jones who slapped his dad and yanked that Johnny Manziel draft card out of his hand. I actually think that's a huge improvement for the team when he takes over.

Here is the video of the introduction presser.

Anyone doubt this guy was growing a hybrid of cross of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia in a shed somewhere?

He's a bit more personable on the field. The players (past and current) love him. :dunno:

He's got a nice story.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000130856/NFL-Films-Presents-Jim-Tomsula

I think the cowboy will come back for him. I know Vernon was all over it.

I know for damn sure that the running game is back in San Francisco. Happy about that one. Keep that in mind come draft season.

He's a bit more personable on the field. The players (past and current) love him. :dunno:

He's got a nice story.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000130856/NFL-Films-Presents-Jim-Tomsula

I think the cowboy will come back for him. I know Vernon was all over it.

I know for damn sure that the running game is back in San Francisco. Happy about that one. Keep that in mind come draft season.

:thumbsup:

Anyone doubt this guy was growing a hybrid of cross of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia in a shed somewhere?