Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

"Destroyed" his phone

22. The Award also makes much of Brady's purported non-cooperation, (including a brand new, hyperbolic and baseless accusation that Brady "destroyed" his cell phone after being advised by his agents-lawyers not to tum over private communications to the NFL's outside law firm), This issue is a complete red herring because the NFL already had all ofthe relevant text communications by Brady from other Patriots personnel-a fact established by Brady's telephone records, which were produced at the hearing, and which showed the time and date of every text and phone call to or from Brady and Patriots personnel (or anyone else). NFLPA Exs. l, 3

NFL admitted data was flawed and could not conclude if any thing actually happened

62. The data collection was so deeply flawed that even Wells and the NFL's consultants concluded that it was unreliable:

Our scientific consultants informed us that the data alone did not provide a basis for them to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tamperingo as the analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumotions and information that is uncertain.

Independent Investigation my arse

66. On January 23,2015, the NFL announced that it had retained Wells and his firm, Paul, Weiss, to co-lead the investigation along with Pash. NFLPA Ex. l8l; NFLPA Ex. 7, Wells Report at l. In recent years, Paul, Weiss has represented the NFL in a number of important legal matters. For example, the NFL paid Paul, Weiss more than $7 million to defend the League in a recently settled class action related to concussion liability.a NFLPA Ex. 184, Judge Approves Deal in N.F.L. Concussion Suit at 4. With respect to the Wells-Pash lnvestigation alone, Paul, Weiss had already billed the NFL millions of dollars at the time of the hearing for its services in conducting the investigation.

68. Despite the NFL declaring Paul, Weiss's 'oindependence," the Award confirms the NFL and Paul, Weiss considered themselves to have an attorney-client relationship for purposes of the investigation. Award at 19 n.20 (NFL asserted attomeyclient privilege over its communications with Paul, Weiss). Adding to the circus-like atmosphere of the proceedings, Wells' partner Lorin Reisner (who signed the Wells Report's cover page) sat at counsel table for the NFL at the arbitration, conducted the vast majority of witness examinations (including Brady's), and otherwise defended Brady's discipline even though his personal work on the Wells Report was being reviewed, and even though his law partner Wells testified at the hearing. See generally Hr'g Tr. And, as the Award acknowledges, Wells asserted attorney-client privilege over his communications with the NFL in connection with the Wells-Pash Investigation. NFLPA Ex. 210, Award at 19 n.21.

Brady did not cooperate?

73. Prior to the appeal hearing, Brady voluntarily produced all ofthe requested commnnications in his possession (see infra \ 86). The NFL does not dispute that these communications contain absolutely no incriminating information. Instead, the NFL complains that they do not include all of the requested text messages because Brady disposed of his phone (consistent with his practice over many years). but Brady produced all of his phone records (showing whom he texted with and when) and testified at the hearing-just as he had told Wells and Reisner months before at his interview-that there never were any incriminating e-mails or text messages for the simple reason that he had nothing to do with any ball deflation. Hr'g Tr. 85:13-86:1, 86:21-23,89:24-90:9. While the Award makes much of the discarded phone, Bradyos phone records confirm that the League had access to any text messages between Brady and Jastremski and Schoenfeld because the League had access to their phones, and Brady simply had no phone or electronic communications of anv kind with McNallv. NFLPA Ex. 1.

3. The Wells Report Concludes That There Is No Direct Evidence Implicating Brady but Nonetheless Finds That He Was "Generally Awareo' of Misconduct by Others

85. On June 23,2015, Commissioner Goodell presided over Brady's arbitration hearing. See NFLPA Ex. 204 (transcript of proceedings). Prior to the hearing, Goodell stated that he "lookfed] forward to hearing directly from Tom. If there [was] new information or there [was] information in helping [the NFL] get this right, [he] want[ed] to hear directly from Tom on that." NFLPA Ex. l9l at3478: NFLPA Ex. 160 at 3. Brady complied, not only by testiffing for hours (IIr'g Tr. 47:17-148:.7), but also by producing new evidence demonstrating that each purported basis for his discipline was without any basis.

86. For example, Brady refuted the Wells Report's conclusion that it was "more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware" of the alleged misconduct. Brady testified-under oath-that he knew nothing about anyone deflating footballs in the AFC Championship Game or any other game he played in. Hr'g Tr. 50:27-51:16, 75:4-25, 95:12-97;ll. Further, he went through all of the text communications cited with reference to him in the Wells Report in order to demonstrate that not a single one indicated he had knowledge of ball tampering. Id. 6l;18-63:16' 9 1 :.10-96:7, I40 :9 -141 :19.

Goodell asked for any new information but didnt seem take it under consideration

89. Brady further demonstrated that he had not been withholding any incriminating evidence. Brady produced all of the responsive e-mails within his possession, along with his phone records, showing all of his phone calls and text messages during the relevant time period. NFLPA Exs. 1-3. Not one email was relevant to, much less evidence of, deflation. Moreover, consistent with what Brady had told NFL investigators and testified at the arbitration, Brady's phone records demonstrated that he had never had a single phone call or text message with McNally. See Hr'g Tr. 81:21- 8217, 139:.19-140:8 (Brady) (explaining that he did not know or communicate with McNally); see also NFLPA Ex. I (reflecting no phone communication with McNally). Further, the phone records demonstrated that virtually all of Brady's communications with Jastremski during the relevant time period were already cited by Wells in his Repod, because Wells had taken possession of Jastremski's phone. See NFLPA Ex. 7, Wells Report at 30 n.5

93. The NFLPA and Brady also presented the testimony of Dr. Edward A. Snyder, Dean of the Yale School of Management, an expert on statistics, who had led a team of experts affiliated with the Analysis Group in reviewing Exponent's work and studying the testing data from the AFC Championship Game. As Dean Snyder and the Analysis Group demonstrated, the failure of the NFL to collect the proper data made it impossible for anyone to draw reliable conclusions based on the recorded PSI measurements. In fact, substituting even a few of the NFL's legions of assumptions with plausible altematives tumed the Wells Report's and Exponent's conclusions on their head. Id. 158:11-159:17, 779:15-23, 183:L6-23, 194:.l-13 (Snyder). Dean Snyder thus established that there was no basis for the NFL to reliably-or fairly-conclude that the Patriots balls were tampered with, let alone that Brady was 'ogenerally aware" of such tampering.

Delusional? I think anyone, who thinks a player should be suspended 4 games and fined nearly $2m for something there is no possible way to say anything actually happened, is delusional. Especially when the penalty in the CBA is $25k for tampering with the ball. And yes there is a clause where anything ruled detrimental to league the commish can use his discretion for penalty. If you are going to bring the hammer down on someone shouldnt you actually know that something happened first?

There are reports that the NFL offered to reduce the suspension down to 2 games or maybe just one if Brady admitted doing what accused of. One would say turning that offer down is stupid or its because he did not do anything.

Brady and lawyers have had an explanation for everything that has been questioned am i wrong? There are more unanswered questions for the NFL and the NFL has done some rather odd things during this process. Here are a few

-Why allow the first have of AFC Championship game be played with "illegal" balls

-NFL VP of Operations, who previously worked for Jets, Kensil told Patriots equipment guy the team was in, "big ###### trouble" during the AFC Championship game

-NFL leak wrong information regarding the PSI of 11 of 12 Balls

-NFL breaking news led with Brady destroyed cell phone before meeting with Wells

-when the NFL already had all information it requested and the NFL was informed it would not get his personal phone

-Lawyer Reisner, hired to work on case for Wells report sat with NFL defending the discipline of Brady. Supposed to be independent report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/nflpa-stunned-by-role-of-wells-colleague-at-brady-hearing/

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/whats-nfl-hiding-behind-sealed-deflategate-records?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

OK i have to get back to work

Look, I challenged you on your assertion that the science showed the balls didn't drop in pressure any more than they should have, when the data shows the exact opposite. I think the suspension was too severe myself, I expected 2 games. Actually, I figured the 4 would be reduced to 2. I'm surprised it wasn't, but I really don't care. We've been the best team over the last 15 years, and we need to look to the future. I want to see what Garoppolo can do.

As far as Brady and his lawyers having an explanation - I don't see where Brady has explained anything, other than saying he likes the balls on the low end and he's done "nothing wrong". As for lawyers, they're paid to make explanations, however farfetched. It's their job.

As for the other stuff about the leaks, misinformation, mishandling, etc....OK, noted. What does that change? Nothing. The data shows the balls were tampered with, and combined with the actions of McNally, the texts, the phone records, and Brady's pathetic "explanations", it's obvious to anyone with common sense that Moe (Brady), Larry (Jastremski) and Curly (McNally) are guilty.

• Like 1

Delusional? I think anyone, who thinks a player should be suspended 4 games and fined nearly $2m for something there is no possible way to say anything actually happened, is delusional. Especially when the penalty in the CBA is $25k for tampering with the ball. And yes there is a clause where anything ruled detrimental to league the commish can use his discretion for penalty. If you are going to bring the hammer down on someone shouldnt you actually know that something happened first?

There are reports that the NFL offered to reduce the suspension down to 2 games or maybe just one if Brady admitted doing what accused of. One would say turning that offer down is stupid or its because he did not do anything.

Brady and lawyers have had an explanation for everything that has been questioned am i wrong? There are more unanswered questions for the NFL and the NFL has done some rather odd things during this process. Here are a few

-Why allow the first have of AFC Championship game be played with "illegal" balls

-NFL VP of Operations, who previously worked for Jets, Kensil told Patriots equipment guy the team was in, "big ###### trouble" during the AFC Championship game

-NFL leak wrong information regarding the PSI of 11 of 12 Balls

-NFL breaking news led with Brady destroyed cell phone before meeting with Wells

-when the NFL already had all information it requested and the NFL was informed it would not get his personal phone

-Lawyer Reisner, hired to work on case for Wells report sat with NFL defending the discipline of Brady. Supposed to be independent report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/nflpa-stunned-by-role-of-wells-colleague-at-brady-hearing/

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/whats-nfl-hiding-behind-sealed-deflategate-records?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

OK i have to get back to work

Get back to work and resume your normal life. You are not Brady's lawyer. Relax and stop researching your life away

Look, I challenged you on your assertion that the science showed the balls didn't drop in pressure any more than they should have, when the data shows the exact opposite. I think the suspension was too severe myself, I expected 2 games. Actually, I figured the 4 would be reduced to 2. I'm surprised it wasn't, but I really don't care. We've been the best team over the last 15 years, and we need to look to the future. I want to see what Garoppolo can do.

As far as Brady and his lawyers having an explanation - I don't see where Brady has explained anything, other than saying he likes the balls on the low end and he's done "nothing wrong". As for lawyers, they're paid to make explanations, however farfetched. It's their job.

As for the other stuff about the leaks, misinformation, mishandling, etc....OK, noted. What does that change? Nothing. The data shows the balls were tampered with, and combined with the actions of McNally, the texts, the phone records, and Brady's pathetic "explanations", it's obvious to anyone with common sense that Moe (Brady), Larry (Jastremski) and Curly (McNally) are guilty.

Well put it's not all that complicated.

Here is the PDF from AEI on the PSI crap

https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf

Why is it obvious they are guilty? Because Curly and Larry texted "deflator"?

If the original false story of 11 of 12 balls were 2 lbs under the limit was never published do you think this would go as far as it has?

Even if Brady took hammer to his phone it means nothing. The NFL had the text messages between Curly, Larry and Moe. Until a video tape comes out of Larry and Curly deflating footballs while talking on the phone talking to Moe im gonna say nothing happened and believe Brady. Ill trust his and Kraft's words over the NFL who has been leaking bad information and refused to correct it. Does that not seem a little odd. The NFL is the one hiding information.

So 2 games and nearly $1 million fine is ok for being only accused of something. Damn glad i dont play in your fantasy league you probably fine me for claiming someone you wanted

Here is the PDF from AEI on the PSI crap

https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf

Why is it obvious they are guilty? Because Curly and Larry texted "deflator"?

If the original false story of 11 of 12 balls were 2 lbs under the limit was never published do you think this would go as far as it has?

Even if Brady took hammer to his phone it means nothing. The NFL had the text messages between Curly, Larry and Moe. Until a video tape comes out of Larry and Curly deflating footballs while talking on the phone talking to Moe im gonna say nothing happened and believe Brady. Ill trust his and Kraft's words over the NFL who has been leaking bad information and refused to correct it. Does that not seem a little odd. The NFL is the one hiding information.

So 2 games and nearly $1 million fine is ok for being only accused of something. Damn glad i dont play in your fantasy league you probably fine me for claiming someone you wanted

1. Again, I already read the AEI report. Twice. I already gave you my rebuttal in my first reply to you.

2. Again, it's obvious they are guilty from the combination of the evidence.

3. What does the original false report have to do with how far this has gone??? The whole reason this was investigated in the first place was because the NFL was tipped off before the game. Combined with McNally disappearing with the balls, this was why the balls were measured at halftime, and again after the game. It had nothing to do with the false story - it was going to be investigated anyway. Are you telling me that if the original report simply said "several balls were under spec at halftime" that the matter wouldn't have been investigated as deeply??? WTF???

4. I'll trust my common sense over my team loyalty.

5. I'm glad you don't play in my fantasy league, either. I'd probably have to explain the tiebreaker rule to you 6 times.

1. Again, I already read the AEI report. Twice. I already gave you my rebuttal in my first reply to you.

2. Again, it's obvious they are guilty from the combination of the evidence.

3. What does the original false report have to do with how far this has gone??? The whole reason this was investigated in the first place was because the NFL was tipped off before the game. Combined with McNally disappearing with the balls, this was why the balls were measured at halftime, and again after the game. It had nothing to do with the false story - it was going to be investigated anyway. Are you telling me that if the original report simply said "several balls were under spec at halftime" that the matter wouldn't have been investigated as deeply??? WTF???

4. I'll trust my common sense over my team loyalty.

5. I'm glad you don't play in my fantasy league, either. I'd probably have to explain the tiebreaker rule to you 6 times.

Dont need to explain anything to me. Patriots fan or not its easier to find more the NFL has done wrong in this case than the Patriots or Brady. The entire intergrity of the game crap is exactly that...crap. If this was a penalty worth the highest team punishment in league history The NFL did more harm to the integrity of the game by allowing the 1st half of the AFC CHampionship to be played with supposed deflated footballs. THe league knows they couldnt prove anything happened so they leaked the false information and let the media and fans take over. There is only one reason to leak bad information and not correct. To harm who the false information is about. The league said the information didnt come from them..then ok how about protecting your "brand" and telling the damn truth.

The league pays Goodell what around $40m per year and he has been hammered in the last few years. Now he pays $5m to lawyers who some work with and for the NFL to an "independant" report. You really think he is going to admit that its all garbage and they just wasted $5m to try and nail the Patriots. Like i said before Goodell and the NFL are the same arse clowns who said no one saw the Rice video. So either they are all fools or liars. Im gonna say both

Dont need to explain anything to me. Patriots fan or not its easier to find more the NFL has done wrong in this case than the Patriots or Brady. The entire intergrity of the game crap is exactly that...crap. If this was a penalty worth the highest team punishment in league history The NFL did more harm to the integrity of the game by allowing the 1st half of the AFC CHampionship to be played with supposed deflated footballs. THe league knows they couldnt prove anything happened so they leaked the false information and let the media and fans take over. There is only one reason to leak bad information and not correct. To harm who the false information is about. The league said the information didnt come from them..then ok how about protecting your "brand" and telling the damn truth.

The league pays Goodell what around $40m per year and he has been hammered in the last few years. Now he pays $5m to lawyers who some work with and for the NFL to an "independant" report. You really think he is going to admit that its all garbage and they just wasted $5m to try and nail the Patriots. Like i said before Goodell and the NFL are the same arse clowns who said no one saw the Rice video. So either they are all fools or liars. Im gonna say both

Dude why are you fighting this so hard? I don't think anyone is reading your overly wordy posts BTW.

Dude why are you fighting this so hard? I don't think anyone is reading your overly wordy posts BTW.

This is the winning post.

Dude why are you fighting this so hard? I don't think anyone is reading your overly wordy posts BTW

Good then watch this!!! :doublethumbsup: