Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

If only they didn't continue to provide so much material.

• Like 1

Dan Wetzel is a homer Might as well quote Kraft.....

Wetzel is a native of Norwell, Massachusetts and a 1994 graduate of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he was editor of the campus newspaper (The Daily Collegian) and majored in political science.[1][2]

OK but you still did not answer my question.

What am i in denial over?

The longer Brady fights to protect his legacy, the more adversely he affects it. This is forever attached to him now. The denial affects his integrity.

I guess the worst the crime the easier the time .

I guess Tom was puffing his chest hoping Goodell would reduce it to zero games. Enjoy every road game for the rest of your career Tommy Boy. Pats can be glad Belichik has dodged any suspensions but not much else about this to be glad about.

He destroyed his phone guys, nothing to see there, literally. It wasn't because he was trying to hide anything you know? Most likely because he didn't like it and got rid of it right?

He still didn't do anything blah blah, I wonder what the excuses are now.

"Brady communicated to the commissioner that he routinely destroys his phone for security reasons."

:doh: :overhead:

Wow. Brady, you're an idiot.

OK either Tom Brady is dumber than Aaron Hernandez or NFL is trying to spin this to make Brady look even worse. The question i have and have not heard it anyone else ask it is.....Think everyone knows the NFL does not have subpoena power to get the phone records however Brady testified under oath during his appeal so would that not possibly bring the phone into play? Also the NFL knew they will be getting sued in Federal court so would they then have access to his phone records then?

Maybe the phone records will not be part of Federal court but think its an obvious question?

NFLPA: Dont worry Tom. We are filing the lawsuit on your behalf tomorrow, and we are going to win this thing in court!

Thomas: Uh... about that. Lets hold off on this lawsuit talk for a bit. Apparently destroying my phone isnt going to destroy my phone records.

• Like 1

NFLPA: Dont worry Tom. We are filing the lawsuit on your behalf tomorrow, and we are going to win this thing in court!

Thomas: Uh... about that. Lets hold off on this lawsuit talk for a bit. Apparently destroying my phone isnt going to destroy my phone records.

Thats my point. All parties knew where this is going so either Brady is a complete fool or this is his normal behavior, destroying phone, and NFL putting their spin on it to make Brady look bad.

Or maybe Brady and his lawyers knew there will be no need for courts to ask for his phone records so they did indeed destroyed the phone? Would they really do that knowing how bad it would look either way?

Here is Brady's lawyer response

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/35190/Bradys-Agent-The-Appeal-Process-Was-A-Sham

The one thing that Brady could do to show everyone he did nothing wrong is to sue the NFL and Goodell for defamation. He may get advice not to but that would be strong statement

Thats my point. All parties knew where this is going so either Brady is a complete fool or this is his normal behavior, destroying phone, and NFL putting their spin on it to make Brady look bad.

Or maybe Brady and his lawyers knew there will be no need for courts to ask for his phone records so they did indeed destroyed the phone? Would they really do that knowing how bad it would look either way?

Here is Brady's lawyer response

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/35190/Bradys-Agent-The-Appeal-Process-Was-A-Sham

The one thing that Brady could do to show everyone he did nothing wrong is to sue the NFL and Goodell for defamation. He may get advice not to but that would be strong statement

I have a hard time believing this and I know we shouldn't believe everything we hear on ESPN, but someone said he didn't destroy the phone he had before he bought his phone in question, nor has he destroyed the one after.

1) How would they know that?

2) Why would Brady tell them that?

Or were they able to find this out in their investigation. The whole thing is a mess. I know I called Brady an idiot, but it's hard to think he is this dumb. I think the person representing him, misplayed their cards by trying to be honest with the destruction of the phone.

OK but you still did not answer my question.

What am i in denial over?

4 wk suspension?

Destroyed phone destroyed tapes DESTROYED legacy

4 wk suspension?

Sure I still don't think it will happen. If you can call that denial. Does anyone even really know what he is currently suspended for?

Just read where the NFLPA said the NFL has all of the phone records they asked for.

Sure I still don't think it will happen. If you can call that denial. Does anyone even really know what he is currently suspended for?

Just read where the NFLPA said the NFL has all of the phone records they asked for.

Stop trolling

Press Release

NFLPA Statement on Tom Brady's Four-Game Suspension

Posted: 7/28/2015 Print

For Immediate Release

July 28, 2015

NFLPA STATEMENT ON TOM BRADY'S FOUR-GAME SUSPENSION

The Commissioner's ruling today did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process. The NFL remains stuck with the following facts:

The NFL had no policy that applied to players;

The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;

The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of "general awareness" to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;

The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and

The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.

The fact that the NFL would resort to basing a suspension on a smoke screen of irrelevant text messages instead of admitting that they have all of the phone records they asked for is a new low, even for them, but it does nothing to correct their errors.

The NFLPA will appeal this outrageous decision on behalf of Tom Brady.

-- NFL Players Association

###

Exactly you don't know either.

How long are you gonna keep playing pretend?

How long are you gonna keep playing pretend?

Until you can tell me what was actually done? Science has shown nothing was done to balls so suspending Brady 4 games and fining almost $2m for telling the NFL to kiss his arse is ridiculous. I thought he probably did it before the science showed the balls dropped by exactly what they should have and finding out the Colts balls were below the limit as well. After that how the hell can you justify the penalty?

Supposedly NFL was going to reduce to 1 or 2 games if Brady admitted wrong doing and he said no.

Supposedly NFL was going to reduce to 1 or 2 games if Brady admitted wrong doing and he said no.

I question his wisdom in this.

Until you can tell me what was actually done? Science has shown nothing was done to balls so suspending Brady 4 games and fining almost $2m for telling the NFL to kiss his arse is ridiculous. I thought he probably did it before the science showed the balls dropped by exactly what they should have and finding out the Colts balls were below the limit as well. After that how the hell can you justify the penalty?

There is no science just definitively showing nothing was done to the balls.

You pats fans are really burying your head in the sand.

You gotta be sh!ttin' me......

It's either his shtick

he is trolling

he is in denial

or he is a moron homer

I guess the worst the crime the easier the time .

Which crimes? Society's or NFL's?

"Brady communicated to the commissioner that he routinely destroys his phone for security reasons."

:doh: :overhead:

Wow. Brady, you're an idiot.

Maybe he's trying to relate to criminals so he can get them on his side and it won't seem like just patriot fans in his corner? :unsure:

There is no science just definitively showing nothing was done to the balls.

You pats fans are really burying your head in the sand.

Thornton Melon you do really need to go back to school or atleast read something.

http://www.thescore.com/news/780066

Kevin A. Hassett and Stan A. Veuger released their findings in a piece for The New York Times on Friday.

Our study, written with our colleague Joseph Sullivan, examines the evidence and methodology of the Wells report and concludes that it is deeply flawed. We found that the Patriots balls declined by about the expected amount, while the Colts balls declined by less. In fact, the pressure of the Colts balls was statistically significantly higher than expected. Contrary to the report, the significant difference between the changes in pressure of the two teams' balls was not because the pressure of the Patriots balls was too low, but because that of the Colts balls was too high.

The group feels the reason for this had to do with when the pressure of the footballs was measured.

How could this be? The report's own findings suggest an explanation: At halftime, NFL officials measured the pressure of "only a sample" of the Colts balls (four out of 12) before they ran out of time; the second half of the game was about to begin. This implies that the Colts balls sat in the warm room where they were to be measured - and thus increased in pressure - for almost the entirety of halftime before being measured. All of the 11 available Patriots balls, by contrast, were measured at halftime, which suggests that they were measured earlier, when they were colder -- and thus lower in pressure. Although this explanation contradicts the Wells report's conclusions, it fits all the evidence.

It's either his shtick

he is trolling

he is in denial

or he is a moron homer

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/06/13/new-independent-study-questions-wells-report-says-unlikely-patriots-deflated-footballs/

Under the hypothesis asserted by the Well report, the odds of this Patriots ball matching the Ideal Gas Law prediction were between 1 out of 3 and 1 out of 300. It is therefore unlikely that the Patriots deflated the footballs.

You call me a homer or in denial but if you cant see that there is absolutely nothing that shows Brady did anything wrong. While i do think Brady's lawyer needs to shut up too he does make a good point that with the NFL leaking and then coming out with the news of Brady "destroying" his phone that now no one is talking about the PSI level anymore.

And yes i am a Patriots fan but im also looking at the facts and do not trust the NFL or Goodell one bit. He either tries to cover sh!it up or is a damn fool and incompetent to have the power he has. You want to believe what he says...this is the same man who said no one in the NFL saw the Ray Rice tape before handing down the initial punishment. Really

Here is another one

http://leastthing.blogspot.com/2015/06/learning-about-science-in-controversy.html

It is perfectly plausible that the Wells report is deeply flawed and the Patriots still broke the rules. Similarly, it is possible that the Wells report is mostly correct (despite its imperfections) and the Patriots actually did nothing wrong.

:dunno:

I know I always destroy my phone when I'm perfectly innocent just to give people suspicion. I'm a nice guy like that.

So weird his phone needed destroyed like the day before he was to meet. Damn phones always fail at the wrong time

Brady has people to handle everything. Deflating balls destroyng phones ....

Thornton Melon you do really need to go back to school or at least read something.

I read the Wells report. I read the AEI report twice. I already posted this at the Geek board, but I'll repost my rebuttal to the AEI report here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=445882&p=5501647

As Mikey says... Hang out and meet some geeks... you just might learn something.

And by the way, I'm a Pats fan, just not a delusional one.

I read the Wells report. I read the AEI report twice. I already posted this at the Geek board, but I'll repost my rebuttal to the AEI report here:

As Mikey says... Hang out and meet some geeks... you just might learn something.

Delusional? I think anyone, who thinks a player should be suspended 4 games and fined nearly $2m for something there is no possible way to say anything actually happened, is delusional. Especially when the penalty in the CBA is $25k for tampering with the ball. And yes there is a clause where anything ruled detrimental to league the commish can use his discretion for penalty. If you are going to bring the hammer down on someone shouldnt you actually know that something happened first?

There are reports that the NFL offered to reduce the suspension down to 2 games or maybe just one if Brady admitted doing what accused of. One would say turning that offer down is stupid or its because he did not do anything.

Brady and lawyers have had an explanation for everything that has been questioned am i wrong? There are more unanswered questions for the NFL and the NFL has done some rather odd things during this process. Here are a few

-Why allow the first have of AFC Championship game be played with "illegal" balls

-NFL VP of Operations, who previously worked for Jets, Kensil told Patriots equipment guy the team was in, "big trouble" during the AFC Championship game

-NFL leak wrong information regarding the PSI of 11 of 12 Balls

-NFL breaking news led with Brady destroyed cell phone before meeting with Wells

-when the NFL already had all information it requested and the NFL was informed it would not get his personal phone

-Lawyer Reisner, hired to work on case for Wells report sat with NFL defending the discipline of Brady. Supposed to be independent report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/nflpa-stunned-by-role-of-wells-colleague-at-brady-hearing/

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/whats-nfl-hiding-behind-sealed-deflategate-records?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

OK i have to get back to work

I think the hefty fines had more to do with the Pats organization being habitual offenders in the league. I also think Brady has some seriously bad things on his phone he didn't want out so he destroyed his phone. They may not have had anything to do with the footballs but they have had something to do with his personal life that could ruin him. All he had to do was give up his phone and they would have dropped the amount of games. They are keeping it at four games to set an example to the rest of the league I'm assuming. The people who are defending the Pats just blow my mind. You sound like STL Cards fans denying that they cheat because they are the self proclaimed "Best Fans in Baseball."

• Like 1

I think the hefty fines had more to do with the Pats organization being habitual offenders in the league. I also think Brady has some seriously bad things on his phone he didn't want out so he destroyed his phone. They may not have had anything to do with the footballs but they have had something to do with his personal life that could ruin him. All he had to do was give up his phone and they would have dropped the amount of games. They are keeping it at four games to set an example to the rest of the league I'm assuming. The people who are defending the Pats just blow my mind. You sound like STL Cards fans denying that they cheat because they are the self proclaimed "Best Fans in Baseball."

The close to $2 million figure is just the amount of salary Brady would lose being suspended for 4 games.

The more information that comes out the worst the league looks. Im sure some of you will say just opposite. Hell Wells told Brady to keep the phone and he had all information he needed. But yet NFL leaks, "BRADY DESTROYED PHONE"

Ask yourself why would the league would not correct the misinformation that was leaked from their offices?

Just read these emails. You still think the NFL does not have an agenda with this case now?

http://wellsreportcontext.com/league-failure-to-correct-misinformation/

Here is link to the NFLPA's filing for Brady

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Media%20Resources/7.29.15%20petition%20to%20vacate.pdf

This paragraph was interesting.

9, The investigation was conducted, and punishments imposed, under the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcemenr of Competitive Rules ("Competitive Integdty Policy"). Id. Howevero by its own terms, the Competitive Integrity Policy applies to Clubs-zat players. Accordingly, the Competitive Integrity Policy was never given to players, and it is undisputed that Brady never saw the Policy prior to these proceedings. NFLPA Ex. 210, Award at 17 n.19.