Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

Sorry, complete brain fart on the second one, but the first one is draftable due to cubs having no open spots before the 14th.

I didn't realize that the Cubs were completely finished... I guess you can put that one back in then...

Burt gave me a list for his 7th, and I saw that the first choice would work for the 8th. I still have a few options for him on his seventh, but it's possible it could be the same position as his now 8th pick and I'm not sure he would want that, but he's in bed now. I may just let it go and have him address it when he wakes up.

Burt gave me a list for his 7th, and I saw that the first choice would work for the 8th. I still have a few options for him on his seventh, but it's possible it could be the same position as his now 8th pick and I'm not sure he would want that, but he's in bed now. I may just let it go and have him address it when he wakes up.

That is fine, we are almost 82% finished with the draft so a small slow down wouldn't kill us...

Exactly. Besides we wouldn't want too many of the same type of players on his team especially if they are eligible to the same teams as that 8th rd pick.

Cry

im going to take a little time to think about my 6th round pick.

FYI, the Cubs selected David DeJesus in the 7th, who I can still take with my 6.11 and i believe Posty can still take with his 6.16.... just a heads up there. I don't care at all and wasn't planning to draft him so i'm cool with leaving it as is.

im going to take a little time to think about my 6th round pick.

FYI, the Cubs selected David DeJesus in the 7th, who I can still take with my 6.11 and i believe Posty can still take with his 6.16.... just a heads up there. I don't care at all and wasn't planning to draft him so i'm cool with leaving it as is.

I am fine with it... I wasn't planning on taking him this early either...

i started out wanting Peralta there and then talked myself into Hammel, but sort of figured the Cubs would snag him.

Petalta was dealing with some shoulder soreness but reports seem to say its behind him, threw a bullpen session and may be the front runner for saves while Kenley is on the DL..... we shall see what the soon to be 39 year old has left in the tank.

F'n WW...

;)

when he was originally on my radar, it helped knowing you and BC were after me. When I saw you used your 7th rounder but not your 6th I figured it was now or never...

29Guests

8.08 Dexter Fowler, OF, Cubs

Ummmm...he was drafted by the Cubs in round 2...

Someone shoot Philer a message letting him know he's up in the 6th.

sent

Someone shoot Philer a message letting him know he's up in the 6th.

He was on this site last night for awhile, nothing. Time for time limits!

He was on this site last night for awhile, nothing. Time for time limits!

not sure what's up with not picking yet but we are so ahead of schedule I'm not sure we need the limits just yet.

Who brought him in? Is it possible for that person to contact him? Maybe he's unaware he's up.

Who brought him in? Is it possible for that person to contact him? Maybe he's unaware he's up.

I texted big and little philer last night and this morning.

I have 3 picks left to make. Feel like I could use 5 or 6 more... odd. I'm usually scrambling to think of living players to draft

• Like 1

Posty what is the etiquette on deleting picks in later rounds if you still have picks to make (i.e. deleting am exclusive so you can keep drafting?) I know I did it once and just wanted to make sure I was under the right impression that you can do so as long as you havnt finished drafting

Posty what is the etiquette on deleting picks in later rounds if you still have picks to make (i.e. deleting am exclusive so you can keep drafting?) I know I did it once and just wanted to make sure I was under the right impression that you can do so as long as you havnt finished drafting

I may need to do the same.

IIRC, I think that as long as that pick hasn't been reached, you can change it... Just if you do, make a post in that round so it is noticed...

So we are officially through 7.09 so if anyone wanted to change/delete something after that, I think they are allowed to do so...

I'm driving but Alberto callaspo

I can see cmh getting pulled over and the cop thinking he was texting and then him telling the cop that he was drafting, not texting...

• Like 1

IIRC, I think that as long as that pick hasn't been reached, you can change it... Just if you do, make a post in that round so it is noticed...

So we are officially through 7.09 so if anyone wanted to change/delete something after that, I think they are allowed to do so...

Ok I'll make sure I post if I do

Sorry guys,. I fell asleep on the couch. :sleep:

Typed that name into my last pick 3 different times and deleted it. :doh:

Well you can have him. I changed my pick after a minute. Meant to pick Anthony Varvaro there...well you can have him if Posty doesn't take him first anyway :doh:

Hoping I don't regret this change by the way...

No texting and driving law in MO :ninja:

I just got him to text it to me. From big Phil actually who was driving.

Proxy for bbascom 1.xx Stephen Drew, 2.xx Stephen Drew, 3.xx Stephen Drew

You can figure the rest out from there.

Proxy for bbascom 1.xx Stephen Drew, 2.xx Stephen Drew, 3.xx Stephen Drew

You can figure the rest out from there.

1. No Thank You

2. Hell No

3. Only if every other 2B/SS I have is injured would I even think about picking him up...and even then I might just punt the position all together

By my count, remaining picks:
0 - Cubs

1 - Red Sox, Dodgers

2 - Astros, Mariners, Rays, Indians

3 - Royals, Marlins, Nationals

4 - Cardinals, Blue Jays

5 - Rangers, Angels

7 - Mets

8 - Orioles

well, so much for pence. :cry:

and to think of the grief y'all gave me
:P <_<