Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

Fantasy Barometer

Worse. Hes maybe the 3rd most talented receiver plus Murray and Helu are probably better too. It really depends on what the OC/head coach think of him. If they view him as a true #1 or really good #2, he may be force fed targets.

Ugh I completely agree. Its been exhausting trying to tell people how much Crabtree sucks since last year and this year. Richard Sherman said it perfectly. When I told people at the draft last year that Boldin would outscore Crabs they almost docked me a pick after the laughter.

Sorry for saying this , but I didn't know of anyone that thought Crabtree would stay healthy enough to out score Boldin . Only surprise was how bad of a season Davis had .

Sorry for saying this , but I didn't know of anyone that thought Crabtree would stay healthy enough to out score Boldin . Only surprise was how bad of a season Davis had .

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-fantasy-rankings--receivers-185825806.html Ranked 21

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap2000000347019/article/2014-fantasy-football-profiles-and-projections-wr-1732 Ranked 19

Just a couple sources. He was a darling wr2. Everyone had him right around there. so when I ranked him as a borderline wr3 at best it was met with criticism. But yea Davis was the real surprise, that was just awful.

Only surprise was how bad of a season Davis had .

There were a lot of people on this bored that said Vernon Davis was going to bust, myself included. His yards per catch in 2013 was completely unsustainable and given the fact that the 49ers didn't throw the ball a lot under Harbaugh, his touchdown numbers seemed bound for regression. Additionally, prior to last season the writing was already on the wall regarding Harbaugh's feud with upper management. If there is one thing to avoid in fantasy sports, it's a team that is spiraling towards chaos mid-season.

Having said that, I actually think Vernon Davis is a great buy-low in redraft and best-ball this season, especially if you draft early on. We don't know how Tomsula and co. are going to operate this offense, and there's a real good chance that Vernon Davis improves on his 2nd worst catch percentage in his career. While I don't think he'll get back north of 50 receptions, I think a line along 45 catches for 650 and 7 TDs is pretty reasonable. Again, is that stellar? No. But it'd be fringe TE1 numbers last year.

• Like 1

Up arrow Rob Housler. Petine likes him and McCown loves to dump off to TEs. Especially in TE preemy leagues I could see Housler being the surprise value of the year in 2015.

Ladarius Green. I encourage everyone to buy the hype.

Bwahahahahahaahahahahaha. Nope...couldn't even not laugh.

The hype has come and gone, and then come and gone again.

Some FF writer out there terms guys like that who are talented but didn't break out when everybody wanted them to post hype sleepers.

I don't think he was a true bust so the term seems right. I doubt he gets any lasting pump, guys who everybody was waiting on tend to be quite hated and is likely to be undervalued come summer drafts if anything.

Some FF writer out there terms guys like that who are talented but didn't break out when everybody wanted them to post hype sleepers.

I don't think he was a true bust so the term seems right. I doubt he gets any lasting pump, guys who everybody was waiting on tend to be quite hated and is likely to be undervalued come summer drafts if anything.

Does this opinion take into account Gates is out the first 4 games?

To me, Ladarius and Christine Michael are the same. I don't hate on either because of their talent (or lack thereof). I hate on both because people get so clouded in the notion of, "One day this guy is going to be a stud" and value them as such. But I'd agree with you that Green has not been a bust per se, just that he's been behind a future hall of famer and hasn't had an opportunity to seize the role.

The NFL is, and has always been, Not. For. Long. By the time these guys get a chance, the team that they projected to be so good with is completely different in terms of roster makeup AND coaching. Russell Wilson's contract situation should frighten dynasty owners of Christine Michael. That team could get gutted and as a result, might change some of their offensive/defensive philosophies with adjusted personnel.

I'll let someone else reach for Green in redraft. If anything, I think this is great news for Antonio Gates. He's going to be fresh five weeks into the season and could be a mid-season savior. I wouldn't mind trying to pair up both though in an MFL10

Does this opinion take into account Gates is out the first 4 games?

I think so. I can see guys who had been waiting on Green the last couple of years in vain, thinking... "Gates is coming right back and slotting in Week 5 anyway so why use any powder?"

I saw some of it already on Twitter.............. more doubters and snide commenters than hype IMO.

Any Gates owner is going to pay for Green right now. Especially if they don't have much behind Gates.

Down Arrow - Dez Bryant

If the holdout threat is real and he misses much if any time during training camp it's going to effect his timing/conditioning/familiarity and thus his fantasy stats. If he actually misses games its a disaster for your first round pick. Anybody who just recently drafted is concerned and anyone previously thinking of drafting him is now a little leery.

You think

Down Arrow - Dez Bryant

If the holdout threat is real and he misses much if any time during training camp it's going to effect his timing/conditioning/familiarity and thus his fantasy stats. If he actually misses games its a disaster for your first round pick. Anybody who just recently drafted is concerned and anyone previously thinking of drafting him is now a little leery.

Either way hes a a risk. Guys like this only care about getting paid, once they cave he will mail in the entire season and dog it or get hurt. Wasted pick this year. On the other hand, listen to AJ Green who said he doesnt care about his contract and he gets paid plenty, just wants to play football. thats the guy I want on my team fantasy or real football.

Either way hes a a risk. Guys like this only care about getting paid, once they cave he will mail in the entire season and dog it or get hurt. Wasted pick this year. On the other hand, listen to AJ Green who said he doesnt care about his contract and he gets paid plenty, just wants to play football. thats the guy I want on my team fantasy or real football.

I think Dez has a little too much pride to mail it in.

Pride yes smarts mmmm not to sure . I can see anyone player giving up , and he is just another WR diva .

I think Dez has a little too much pride to mail it in.

Its a subconcious thing, he wont be able to help it. Its that innate warriors mentality that only champions have. When you dont have it, you dont purposefully mail it in, it just happens that way. Sure he will try just as hard as any other year, but that fire will not burn as bright. Why play hard and risk it when you already got paid? Im sure hes still a top 10 wr, but im dropping him out of the top 5.

Ok - it's been a while. Lots of stuff has shaken out (Dez/DT contracts) many injuries have been suffered (jordy no!!) and now teams are starting to cut down.

Up Arrow:

Davante Adams. Dynasty's darling of the new year took a big value hit when Cobb resigned with GB. Now that Jordy is out of the picture all signs point to DA being the guy who picks up the slack. (sneak bonus pick - Richie Rodgers!)

Karlos Williams/Bryce Brown. One of them is going to seize a #2 role behind Shady on a team that will challenge for the most rushing attempts in the league this year.

Down Arrow:

Lesean McCoy. Anytime 'tear' and 'hamstring' are in the same sentence its a bad thing. Too bad - that 1st week matchup is choice...

Rob Housler. My darkhorse comeback TE pick of the year has fizzled... Catch the focking ball gumby!

Not sure how much games coach Rex is playing when it comes to the healthy of McCoy , if he is still hurting that bad and might miss game one then way let. F Jackson go ?

Not sure how much games coach Rex is playing when it comes to the healthy of McCoy , if he is still hurting that bad and might miss game one then way let. F Jackson go ?

The word is the GM made the decision without consulting anyone else.

It's entirely possible that Rex is playing games. Even ignoring feeding the Colts misinformation, I wouldn't put it past him to make the GM sweat for pulling such a move.

Probably the biggest up other than Adams: Chris Ivory. Not long ago, he was going in the 9th/10/11th rounds. Now his ADP is in the 4th.

• Like 1

The word is the GM made the decision without consulting anyone else.

It's entirely possible that Rex is playing games. Even ignoring feeding the Colts misinformation, I wouldn't put it past him to make the GM sweat for pulling such a move.

Lol yea that might be true

Ivory right now is being drafted to high for me . Not even sure he will end up being the best rb on the team very interested in Stacy.

Ivory right now is being drafted to high for me . Not even sure he will end up being the best rb on the team very interested in Stacy.

I think Stacy only made the team because Ridley is going on the PUP. He seems like an average plodder to me. I've been watching him in Nashville since his Vandy days.

Tom Brady just jumped up several draft spots I would think.

Guys like Newton, Brees, Romo probably won't be coming off the board before Brady with this news.