Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Devante Parker and Phins WR Corp

he underwent surgery today for a screw placement on his cracked foot from college injury. With him pretty much making no impact who will benefit in the WR corp? I have stills as a 13th rd keeper so I'm following this situation to figure out if Stills will make an impact with No Parker and no Mike wallace

I don't think it affects his long term projections (ie. Dynasty)

But this year I think is a waste. This is the same surgery as Julio Jones if I'm not mistaken. Couple that with the fact he's a rookie and will develop zero chemistry in camp with Tannehill and ill pass in redraft.

I think Stills and Landry get a slight bump in all formats. I'd still consider Parker as my third/fourth WR in rookie drafts though.

I have Landry as a solid PPR contributor who also gets a bump in return yard leagues. He came in last year and played like a seasoned vet.

Not sure the Parker news affects Stills as much as it does Landry and Jennings. I bumped both of them a bit more than Stills in my own personal projections.

I have Landry as a solid PPR contributor who also gets a bump in return yard leagues. He came in last year and played like a seasoned vet.

IMO Juice Landry is going to emerge as MIA's no. 1 WR, not Stills. While OBJ is getting all the pub, and rightfully so, it was Landry who was Mettenberger's go-to WR at LSU when the duo played together in 2013. He doesn't have the speed of OBJ, but he has better hands (if you can believe it given OBJ's catch of the year/decade last season).

Miami Herald: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article23524006.html

I think Landry is a great cheap option in drafts who will put up very good WR2 numbers in standard leagues, and WR1 numbers in PPR with 100+ catches.

I like Landry over still also , but I really like Cameron this season also . Clay avg 93 targets the past two season and if Cameron can stay on the field I can see him having a very good season and being the goal line go to target .

Landrys hands are like a vise. I expect 6-8 tds this year and maybe 90 catches, 950 yds

• Like 1

Landrys hands are like a vise. I expect 6-8 tds this year and maybe 90 catches, 950 yds

Stills was a product of Brees and a inconsistent one at that which is why he was traded. He does not have the tools to produce as a no.1 WR. Also, Tannehill is getting a bit overration imo and giving more than one big target to work with is not exactly smart. A lot of qbs do not know how to spread the ball around. And Cameron is oc dependent. He needs to have the right OC like he did in 2013 with Norv and that other guy as well as a qb who will listen to protocol. Weeden, Campbell were not TE friendly QBs and did not listen to that.

IMO Juice Landry is going to emerge as MIA's no. 1 WR, not Stills. While OBJ is getting all the pub, and rightfully so, it was Landry who was Mettenberger's go-to WR at LSU when the duo played together in 2013. He doesn't have the speed of OBJ, but he has better hands (if you can believe it given OBJ's catch of the year/decade last season).

Miami Herald: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article23524006.html

I think Landry is a great cheap option in drafts who will put up very good WR2 numbers in standard leagues, and WR1 numbers in PPR with 100+ catches.

This piece mirrors what I said above about Landry's potential this year, especially in PPR leagues:

http://walterfootball.com/fantasy2015vp_jlandry.php

Shhhhhh...

Its not enough for me to change my feeling about Landry . I don't see him at all as the go to WR . Just to many options on the Dolphins and I don't think Thill can feed any of them with enough targets to make them a good play in ff . I have Landry on my WR/Te list at number 47.

We cant forget that tannehill isnt a very good qb, and his deep ball sucks. Still, landry should be a nice ppr receiver. Not so sure that his price ends up being a little too high.

Its not enough for me to change my feeling about Landry . I don't see him at all as the go to WR . Just to many options on the Dolphins and I don't think Thill can feed any of them with enough targets to make them a good play in ff . I have Landry on my WR/Te list at number 47.

Which is exactly my point. I think Landry will be a strong WR2 in PPR. When you can find that at his current ADP, it's a steal.

I have Landry on my WR/Te list at number 47.

Even with the top five tight ends (Gronk,Graham, Olsen,Bennett, Kelce/whomever) how do you have 41 other wide receivers ahead of a guy that's being taken as the 29th WR off the board?

Landry was a top 36 FLEX (R/W/T) player last season. That INCLUDES running backs. Might want to revise those rankings lil feet

Disagree with the Tanny isn't a very good QB. I think he's good but certainly not elite and will never be far out of the "good" category. I think that's enough to make Landry usable. I agree that he's not going to blow up but I think he's a guy that could be low end WR2 that plays in your 3rd WR spot.

I agree I see a little meat on the bone for his draft spot.

Even with the top five tight ends (Gronk,Graham, Olsen,Bennett, Kelce/whomever) how do you have 41 other wide receivers ahead of a guy that's being taken as the 29th WR off the board?

Landry was a top 36 FLEX (R/W/T) player last season. That INCLUDES running backs. Might want to revise those rankings lil feet

Will heck I am glad I can help others about over paying for him .

Hes a bad deep ball qb. He played pretty well overall last year, but he doesnt do much deep.

No doubt about that. Ask Mike Wallace.

No doubt about that. Ask Mike Wallace.

It was just a bad match to begin with. Tannehill works well with a receiver like landry. The teams seems to have realized this and have stayed away from the guys who specialize in deep routes. A brandon marshall type player is probably the perfect receiver for tannehill.

They did sign Stills and all he does is run deep routes . Agree T Hill has problem going long but I also think some of the problem was Wallace also . Think he was over rated from his playing days in Pitt and playing with Ben .

They did sign Stills and all he does is run deep routes . Agree T Hill has problem going long but I also think some of the problem was Wallace also . Think he was over rated from his playing days in Pitt and playing with Ben .

Yes they have a guy on the roster, but as far as depending on a guy who does that to be their top receiver, i think they learned it isnt the right approach.

Agree with that . I also think that counting on Wallace to both your deep threat and your number one WR was a bad move for the Dolphins . Think Wallace is a weak number one WR .

Agreed. Wallace was and always will be a 1 trick pony that got over hyped coming from one of the best deep ball teams and QBS in the league. Perfect system, perfect QB, and perfect fit for him and he went hunting for money and now his contract is going to get him canned early.

Hes a bad deep ball qb. He played pretty well overall last year, but he doesnt do much deep.

Does your wife say the same about you? Hey ohhh

I like Landry a lot this year he led the team in receptions last year and he's only going to improve. He's an excellent security blanket for Tanny's skill set. With 84 catches in his rookie season I'd be shocked if he doesn't crack 90 for 1000.

As a Fins fan I love Landry this year. 6-7 round value if you get him there. I play in leagues mostly filled with Dolphin fans so they know about him and he will likely go earlier. Cameron has a shot for a strong season as well. Clay was always targeted a decent amount.

Agree about Cameron if he can stay healthy THill targets his te a lot .