Sign in to follow this  
Flgatorguy87

Favorite draft position this year

Bad habit of mine is taking the best player based on how many points I think that player will score that season break it down by avg per game . And I will take the player I think will give me the most points per game . So if that's a WR or Rb so be it not in it for a sexy looking team in it to win the title .

Oh I'm not saying they are more valuable. Just stating what the winners in my two leagues last year had the first 2 rounds.

For me, I don't think I'll ever be able to pass up a stud RB. But if I get stuck with all of them being gone by the time my turn comes I won't be upset if I pick a WR with my first two choices if that's the best players on the board at the time. I would just prefer a RB

Would you go wr wr in a non ppr league?

I have no issues with going WR heavy. I'm just stating my affinity for the RB position. I normally do well drafting....it's my other weakness for constantly trading and "tweeking" my team that gets me in trouble.

Would you go wr wr in a non ppr league?

If the WRs available were better than the RBs available at the time then yea I would

Can never see a case to go WR WR in a non PPR league .

Can never see a case to go WR WR in a non PPR league .

Its always a letdown.

Allow me to paint the picture...Your so stoked about your wrs til rnd 3 when you still see stud wrs available yet zero rbs you like are left. Then what happens is in rnd 3 the qb or TE you love slips to you so you have to take him vs the garbage at rb. So then it's rnd 4 and you need an rb...good luck. Oh and by the way, you are still passing up perfectly serviceable wr2s hat you had highly ranked. Great TE/qb fell? Too bad, you need to take an rb here and your looking at an RB3 as your RB1. Forget depth, you will be lucky to field 2 rbs that see 5 carries a game at this point.

So it's rnd 6 and you just took 2 bad rbs to be your core stable. Oh and guess what, yep, you guessed it, there are still startable wrs on the board. So you take a look at the other teams and get this sinking feeling that your team is the worst in the league at this point despite the stud wr duo. Hmm that's funny, the guy who took rbs early still has a great wr duo, wtf. The sweats start to kick in. You begin feverishly looking for the last draftable qb/TE (whichever you didn't take earlier) and scrape together a decent value pick. Oh no...you just remembered you can't do a damn thing unless you have 3 decent rbs...you look at who is left at rb and....well, let's just say your glad you left a bullet in the chamber of your gun upstairs...

• Like 2

....I'd also say I can scrape together spot start WRs from the waiver wire much easier than a RB.

I did win a league the last time I went WR/WR but that was Moss and his 20 TD season if I remember correctly. I haven't done it often though because of the reasons stated above.

Its always a letdown.

Allow me to paint the picture...Your so stoked about your wrs til rnd 3 when you still see stud wrs available yet zero rbs you like are left. Then what happens is in rnd 3 the qb or TE you love slips to you so you have to take him vs the garbage at rb. So then it's rnd 4 and you need an rb...good luck. Oh and by the way, you are still passing up perfectly serviceable wr2s hat you had highly ranked. Great TE/qb fell? Too bad, you need to take an rb here and your looking at an RB3 as your RB1. Forget depth, you will be lucky to field 2 rbs that see 5 carries a game at this point.

So it's rnd 6 and you just took 2 bad rbs to be your core stable. Oh and guess what, yep, you guessed it, there are still startable wrs on the board. So you take a look at the other teams and get this sinking feeling that your team is the worst in the league at this point despite the stud wr duo. Hmm that's funny, the guy who took rbs early still has a great wr duo, wtf. The sweats start to kick in. You begin feverishly looking for the last draftable qb/TE (whichever you didn't take earlier) and scrape together a decent value pick. Oh no...you just remembered you can't do a damn thing unless you have 3 decent rbs...you look at who is left at rb and....well, let's just say your glad you left a bullet in the chamber of your gun upstairs...

Lol now that's a classic awesome job .

Its always a letdown.

Pretty funny, Tan. Can totally see a GM panic in this scenario.

But in most 12-team mocks stud WRs go pretty fast. Round 3 normally has guys like Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin go off the board pretty quickly, and then the drop is rather precipitous from there. Now you're lookiing at the Keenan Allens, the Vincent Jacksons, DeSean Jackson, and Sammy Watkins are round 4. Those aren't guys that are going to win you a league,

Conversely, decent RBs like L. Murray, Frank Gore and Andre Ellington are still around in the 4th.

Its always a letdown.

I'm not gonna pass up someone like Antonio brown or Calvin Johnson (examples but my point is stud elite WR1s) for a 2nd or 3rd tier rb. There will still be rbs that can give you a steady production in rounds 3 and 4.

I am always shooting for the optimal mix of best player available relative to filling out my starters. Due to the lack of depth at rb grab a bell cow early no later than round 2

Reverse cowboy

Reverse cowboy

Shouldn't that be reverse cowgirl, Ray? :doh: :shocking:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

My favorite spot is 1st this year, next year and every year.

Just too bad I have never had it in 15 years of my big league, had 10th four times though.

What do you view as your favorite draft position for this year? I feel like being late in the 1st and close to the turn will be my preference because I feel like there will be some talent that falls.

I could see 2 QBs and 3 WRs go in the first round in my league.

I agree. I'd prefer to be at the latter part of the first round this year. You are guaranteed two of the top WR's, a top QB or a quality RB there. Unlike past years, where I've preferred the middle rounds, I would like the 1.10 through 1.12 this season. In leagues where you can trade back, I'd be happy trading out of the first round altogether if I could get a decent offer. It's amazing what some people will give up for another first round pick.

Im gonna say 7th pick is one of my favorites this year. I think there are 7 top shelf rbs and about 8 top shelf wrs. This position almost assures you get one of each. An earlier pick and you wont get one of the wrs, a later pick and you wont get one of the rbs. 7 is the sweet spot to get both.

Right now I got 10th pick in a 12 man league. It was one of the ones I was hoping for so I'm happy. Either a good RB will fall or there will be two top WR I can go with

Im gonna say 7th pick is one of my favorites this year. I think there are 7 top shelf rbs and about 8 top shelf wrs. This position almost assures you get one of each. An earlier pick and you wont get one of the wrs, a later pick and you wont get one of the rbs. 7 is the sweet spot to get both.

I tend to agree. 7 presents the most value for getting high end talent at multiple positions in the early rounds.

I like either one of the first two picks or one of the last two picks .

Give me 6th or 7th pick this year. My league will go something like this:

Charles

Peterson

Bell

Luck

Lynch

Maybe Rodgers

I can get Lacy with the 7th pick which is good value. Then get a top WR in the 2nd round.

I'm at 3 and I am really happy to have Charles, Peterson, or Bell. I think Lynch is the 4th in that order but I'd still be ok with him. I think it drops into another tier after that with Lacy leading the charge of the second group.

Give me 6th or 7th pick this year. My league will go something like this:

Charles

Peterson

Bell

Luck

Lynch

Maybe Rodgers

I can get Lacy with the 7th pick which is good value. Then get a top WR in the 2nd round.

Dis is what im tryin to say. There are 7 great RBS, so if anyone deviates thats extra value for you. Then in rnd 2 there are about 8 top WRs and you will have one of them available. any earlier you may not get the wr and any later you wont get the rb.

• Like 1