Sign in to follow this  
bfros

NFL games without cable?

Just checked it out. Its 200 for the basic tablet or phone option and that doesnt include redzone channel. Only the max package has redzone and its $350. No thanks. Your gonna be sorely dissapointed if you thought the $200 package included RZC.

Right, I know what page you are looking at and it does only list the RZC under the $359 option. But the college student access option for $100 actually includes both the Redzone Channel and the DirectTV Fantasy Zone. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's true. I bought it and it says it on my contract. I'm happy to send you a screen shot if you want. I'm telliing ya, find somebody at a 4-year university and get their name and date of birth, and you are set.

Guys cancel cable and spend 2 grand on fantasy games.

If you cancel cable you are one of

Cheap

No job

Shitty job

Or homeless

I like to think of myself as thrifty.

Right, I know what page you are looking at and it does only list the RZC under the $359 option. But the college student access option for $100 actually includes both the Redzone Channel and the DirectTV Fantasy Zone. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's true. I bought it and it says it on my contract. I'm happy to send you a screen shot if you want. I'm telliing ya, find somebody at a 4-year university and get their name and date of birth, and you are set.

No your right, you get a free max package upgrade. Got someone in school, thanks! You dont even need their email, you use your own. Heck you could just Facebook or Google a student and get their date of birth and it would work. This has saved my season, thanks a lot.
  • Like 1

If it's so illegal, then how is it that they are able to sell them in established retail outlets. In my home state marijuanna is illegal. Therefore, I can't buy it from a brick and mortar store.

The content you're watching is definitely illegal.

Not that I care. :cheers:

I spend about $115 a month on my Dish bill. Have HD on every TV along with 8 tuners to record shows. If giving up the HD and multiple tuners wasn't enough, no way I'm giving up all the live sports.

Guys cancel cable and spend 2 grand on fantasy games.

If you cancel cable you are one of

Cheap

No job

Shitty job

Or homeless

You have a tendency to wade into threads with huge doosh troll bait posts. It's like bacon is for me, troll bait posts are for you. I ain't hating on you though, murf. :)

I'm interested in any and every possible work around to avoid paying Comcast $153 a month. I recognize that I need the internet, so I'm ok with paying them - oh, say, maybe $60 a month - but eighteen hundred a year is flat bullhsit and I hate Comcast for other issues besides. The other internet alternative out here is DSL or sat, both of which suck for different reasons.

The current system of broadcasters and advertisers is completely antiquated, and everyone would make a lot more money if they just cooperated with each other and collectively invested in webcasting ability. The company that emerges with the best webcasting technology/UI will dominate the medium - much like ESPN dominated cable for so long. Getting out from under a huge cable internet/tv package that I don't want or need and hate paying for just so I can get the stuff I actually want is my motivation.

When will the true 'choose your own channel list' actually be available?

• Like 1

You have a tendency to wade into threads with huge doosh troll bait posts. It's like bacon is for me, troll bait posts are for you. I ain't hating on you though, murf. :)

I'm interested in any and every possible work around to avoid paying Comcast $153 a month. I recognize that I need the internet, so I'm ok with paying them - oh, say, maybe $60 a month - but eighteen hundred a year is flat bullhsit and I hate Comcast for other issues besides. The other internet alternative out here is DSL or sat, both of which suck for different reasons.

Exactly. He's acting like I'm trying to make a stink over a few bucks savings. It's pretty much a universal sentiment that cable sucks and people are dying to cut the cord all over the place. I use Netflix and Hulu like most people do and never watched the cable channels when I had them. If you do then that's fine, enjoy, but many don't. Now that I got the Sunday ticket app with redzone all for $100 I am stoked! Plus they have a roku app so I can watch it on my big screen.

Someone soon will come out with the choose your channel system and an app that lets you add/drop the ones you want. Its simply the next evolution of tv.

• Like 2

No your right, you get a free max package upgrade. Got someone in school, thanks! You dont even need their email, you use your own. Heck you could just Facebook or Google a student and get their date of birth and it would work. This has saved my season, thanks a lot.

Dude, awesome. Welcome aboard. And hilarious you said that, cause I totally facebook'ed a student to get their DOB. Couldn't believe it worked. Like taking candy from a baby. Can't believe I just got the entire NFL season plus Rzc for $100. I almost feel guilty.

• Like 1

The big question for me is, does watchimg Sunday Ticket on my ipad allow me to Airplay to me AppleTV? Anyone know the answer to that?

The big question for me is, does watchimg Sunday Ticket on my ipad allow me to Airplay to me AppleTV? Anyone know the answer to that?

Not 100% sure here, but in their Q&A, here is what they to the question

Can I watch NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV on my Apple TV?

No, unfortunately Apple TV is not supported. However, we've added a lot of other popular streaming devices for the 2015 season, including Xbox 360, Roku, and Google Chromecast.

Exactly. He's acting like I'm trying to make a stink over a few bucks savings. It's pretty much a universal sentiment that cable sucks and people are dying to cut the cord all over the place. I use Netflix and Hulu like most people do and never watched the cable channels when I had them. If you do then that's fine, enjoy, but many don't. Now that I got the Sunday ticket app with redzone all for $100 I am stoked! Plus they have a roku app so I can watch it on my big screen.

Someone soon will come out with the choose your channel system and an app that lets you add/drop the ones you want. Its simply the next evolution of tv.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to save money but everyone is going to have to pay to watch programming like sports no matter what. At some point live sports will all be offered online as pay-per-view. For those of you who only like to watch major events this will be great. For those of us that like to watch all kinds of sports no matter who is playing, it's going to be expensive. This is basically the start of a common a la carte conversation.

The current system of broadcasters and advertisers is completely antiquated, and everyone would make a lot more money if they just cooperated with each other and collectively invested in webcasting ability. The company that emerges with the best webcasting technology/UI will dominate the medium - much like ESPN dominated cable for so long. Getting out from under a huge cable internet/tv package that I don't want or need and hate paying for just so I can get the stuff I actually want is my motivation.

:cheers:

• Like 1

:cheers:

Jesus you had to go with that godawful ugly Brady pic didnt you. Just couldnt leave it alone. Man thats hideous.

Just Google Skystreamx. It comes pre-loaded with all the add-ons to include Sportsdevil. The information is available.

Also, I have access to every TV show known to man.

I have access to every movie out there. 95% of the movies are availalbe in HD.

Not sure if Redzone and other stuff is HD. A lot of live content is not. However, I did stream the HOF game the other night and it was in HD and looked just fine on my 65" screen.

If I have a smart TV with apps can I download skysreamx directly to my TV or do I have to do it via PC and link it up to my TV?

Sorry cable doesn't cost enough to take a stand and refuse to pay unless you are in the categories I mentioned and most likely single with no kids.

It's simply not THAT expensive to have to scheme a stream everything you want to watch on a little laptop that keeps bufferning. I like to use my HDTV

Do you use the neighbors Wifi or go to Starbucks to access the internet too?

you work for comcast dont ya bud? People who find a way around not paying cable are not cheap they are smart. For you to say otherwise is just stupid

Dude, awesome. Welcome aboard. And hilarious you said that, cause I totally facebook'ed a student to get their DOB. Couldn't believe it worked. Like taking candy from a baby. Can't believe I just got the entire NFL season plus Rzc for $100. I almost feel guilty.

OK, but how do you pay for it? Won't a CC or check have your name on it instead of the college student's?

Did you call and say you are "college student" and you are ordering, then use your address etc?

OK, but how do you pay for it? Won't a CC or check have your name on it instead of the college student's?

Did you call and say you are "college student" and you are ordering, then use your address etc?

No. Just need name, school and date of birth of the college student then it takes you to the payment page where I entered all of my own credentials and CC info. There was no notice of "im sorry but the name has to match" or anything like that. The college kid will never know or recieve anything of any kind. From there you just download the app and use your login. Pretty much they just dont really care and just want people signing up.

I have a Skystreamx media player. I can stream nearly anything I want to include live TV. It comes with Sports Devil add-on so has tons of live sports available. You don't need to pay for it. No Netflix, no Hulu, no Sling TV. Stop paying for someone else to make content available to you when it is already available to you. Google Skystreamx media player. There are other media players out there. Just make sure you get one that has Xbmc/Kodi

I cant find skystreamx for free, everything i see it cost like$125

No. Just need name, school and date of birth of the college student then it takes you to the payment page where I entered all of my own credentials and CC info. There was no notice of "im sorry but the name has to match" or anything like that. The college kid will never know or recieve anything of any kind. From there you just download the app and use your login. Pretty much they just dont really care and just want people signing up.

this app can downloaded on PC?

also can I use a 2nd device like my iphone and log into that as well with same account?

this app can downloaded on PC?

also can I use a 2nd device like my iphone and log into that as well with same account?

Yes its access across all formats incliuding tablets and phones. Roku app is coming later early in sep wich is what ill be using on my tv. I should be able to have redzone on the big tv, a dif game on tablet and a dif game on phone at the same time. Its theh $365 package for $100, a steal.

Do I need roku in order to use that app too?

Yea you would need something like that to download the app on a tv. Xboxone also works. I think you could stream it from a mobile device to tv with an hdmi adaptor tho. Or from a laptop.

ok good look.

I have a wifi smart TV that I never use. Last season I just wired my TV to an old fashion antenna in my attic and I got like 30 local stations. But I will admit I did miss the ESPN and Thursday night games

If I have a smart TV with apps can I download skysreamx directly to my TV or do I have to do it via PC and link it up to my TV?

Skystreamx is a media player. It is not an app. They have 2 versions; the $100 model has a dual core processor. The $175 version has a quad core processor.

Skystreamx is a media player. It is not an app. They have 2 versions; the $100 model has a dual core processor. The $175 version has a quad core processor.

I see, thanks for clarifying. :thumbsup:

Jesus you had to go with that godawful ugly Brady pic didnt you. Just couldnt leave it alone. Man thats hideous.

LOL of course

Just looking at Skystream, it seems equivalent to buying an Amazon TV/etc streaming appliance & it has Kodi (xbmc) pre-loaded as an application? I assume the devil sports thing is a Kodi extension to help you find the content?

I use an Amazon Fire stick ($30) to run Kodi for my stored movies/anime/etc but I'll have to look into this extension.

:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/3h8kcj/every_game_stream_for_the_entire_season_subreddit/

Cant beleive this was so easy...The files play natively on ios and android. Open this reddit link, look for preseason week 2 (thats whats on right now) and just click on a game link of a game thats playing. Pops up instantly in a full HD stream right on my devices. Has redzone and every game for the whole season. Im stunned. Bookmark this link! Ill be able to hdmi adaptor these to my tv. Im seriously shocked right now. Didnt download anything or have to mess with anything. Tried to get it on my pc but theres some fiddling and I couldnt get it to reliably stream. But iphone/ipad, flawless. I have found the holy grail of bootleg football.

Sorry cable doesn't cost enough to take a stand and refuse to pay unless you are in the categories I mentioned and most likely single with no kids.

It's simply not THAT expensive to have to scheme a stream everything you want to watch on a little laptop that keeps bufferning. I like to use my HDTV

Do you use the neighbors Wifi or go to Starbucks to access the internet too?

yeah 70 bucks a month for hd, dvr's and sunday tix or do a whole bunch of crazy different things and make it a hassle to try to watch something or watch something delayed or watch non hd channels.

Nice to turn on TV sit on couch and watch baseball not waste time figuring out what what site I need to go to to watch the game today.

spend half the time you do trying to figure out ways of cutting the cord and negotiate with the cable companies instead to save money.

Worst case you switch service and get the new 2 yr deal from comcast if you had direct, or att or whoever. 90% of the time you call with any effort you can get your bill lowered.

This year called directv, they didnt lower it enough so I set up a cancellation date. Next day I get an email with some me with some new deal package.

Got $40 off bill and sunday tix for free with HBO for 3 months. New bill with 3 hd dvr's and channel package one lower than premium for 69.99 for 12 months.

Rinse repeat next year. Pay $19.99 for Comcast up to 25mpbs