Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Deangelo Williams - Value first two weeks

I could see Deangelo Williams getting some great opportunities during the first two weeks with Bell out.

What is he worth during these first weeks?

Who are you sitting for him?

Can we play him over Abdulla... who is now expected to do kick and punt return duties?

or... Joseph Randle in Dal?

No I'm one person that's does not think he is worth much . I know he will get the work in the first two games but he was not even on my boards .

I would never use Williams unless I have bell... And I'm just trying to scoot by until he's back... Other than that scenario he wouldn't be on my board

I think I'm going to start him over Jennings (Giants backfield is a clusterfk). My logic was that I know Williams will be a 3 down back in Pittsburgh for now and should get the goal line carries. Archer may get a few 3rd down plays but not enough to concern me. The only concern is if New England takes such a large lead that Pitt abandons the run. Hopefully Pitt plays up to their competition as they usually do.

As of now, I have him on the bench in favor of Kelce in a flex spot. I could also go with Agholor or Abdullah, but my league only gives out about 60% of what yards are worth in a standard league. I want to see Williams do well first. If he does well I might use him in week 2.

Someone you might want to consider who is in a VERY similar situation is Benny Cunningham STL.

He's no LT but the situation is favourable. Looks like he will get the backfield to himself in week 1 if Tre Mason cannot go and is still on a lot of wires.

Less wear and younger than Williams and Steelers might air it out more. Just a thought.

Looked good in preseason running behind that line. Good receiver outta the backfield on a good offense. I'm on board as a flex play in week 1.

just picked him up and starting him. I got Randle, Abdullah, Jennings, and Blue as my RBs. Yes, there are all terrible... lol... there goes the draft all WR strategy.

Its a guaranteed two starts and i would presume at least 15 touches per game yes? If you drafted Leveon or even Arian Foster, he certainly can fill in for 2 weeks of Bell out and 2 of 4 weeks (at minimum) of Foster being out which is a worthwhile gamble from my perspective if you draft either Bell or Foster and build some depth before taking Willams plunge..

he just got a new baby... should be a good motivator. I'm starting him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13602198/deangelo-williams-pittsburgh-steelers-focused-new-england-patriots-birth-son

"He just had a baby, so he's ready to win the game ball for him," Roethlisberger said this week.
Williams got 13 carries for 63 yards in three preseason games. When asked about his limited reps, Williams said they won't be limited Thursday.

I went RB heavy after grabbing Bell in the first and landed Gore, Ivory and then D.Williams in the last round. I'm leaning towards starting Ivory over Williams this week and seeing how it goes before deciding week 2.

I went RB heavy after grabbing Bell in the first and landed Gore, Ivory and then D.Williams in the last round. I'm leaning towards starting Ivory over Williams this week and seeing how it goes before deciding week 2.

I'd go Ivory on the fact he plays Cleveland alone.