Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Denver @ Kansas City: In-Game Discussion

Was so happy DT caught up to Sanders in points and then another damn Sanders TD. Ugh. I guess a 9 point deficit to start the week isn't horrible.

At least DT salvaged what looked like another bad game. Easier matchups to come too...

Everyone and their mother takes Chiefs and the under. Broncos and the over win it. Gotta love the NFL, Vegas makes money for a reason.

People are sheep. Plain and simple. They hear the narratives shoved down their throats this week and forget that Denver still has Peyton, who by the way was 13-1 against KC before this game. And IIRC KC still has Alex Smith and a head coach who is king unclutch.

18 consecutive regular season games for KC without a TD to a wide receiver.

Was so happy DT caught up to Sanders in points and then another damn Sanders TD. Ugh. I guess a 9 point deficit to start the week isn't horrible.

At least DT salvaged what looked like another bad game. Easier matchups to come too...

I'm in exactly the same situation in 2 of my leagues. So I can understand the mixed feelings on this.

18 consecutive regular season games for KC without a TD to a wide receiver.

Capitan Checkdown can't be something he isn't when the real bullets fly.

Peyton reminds me of Chad Pennington now. Pennington would have to load up all of his throws to get anything on them at all, and would be completely done after 3 games or so of throwing so "hard."

The good news is this game probably got Peyton some trade value, so if you have him, now's the time to sell. This is what they mean by "sell high." It means sell before the obvious prolonged failure.

Peyton reminds me of Chad Pennington now. Pennington would have to load up all of his throws to get anything on them at all, and would be completely done after 3 games or so of throwing so "hard."

The good news is this game probably got Peyton some trade value, so if you have him, now's the time to sell. This is what they mean by "sell high." It means sell before the obvious prolonged failure.

I disagree. you hang onto him a couple more weeks.

he has some easier matchups I'd expect he will do well for. Even with his noodle arm being what it is.

Some strange posts here,but anyway. I have been a bronc fan for over 40 years and hate KC and OAK more than anything i can explain,because that's the way it was back in the days of walking to school barefoot in 6 ft of snow. Tonight was a great game for me and i hope for anyone,even none fans. It reminded me of the old days when money didn't matter and the rivalry meant something. I know that sounds corny. Don't tell anyone this,but i thought we would go to overtime and lose. It was a great game,,,GAWD I LOVE FOOTBALL!

PS,who ever said peyton reminds me of chad pennington,,you remind me of bozo the clown. Your words have no REAL meaning. If you don't know football,don't post on a football site just to talk trash,,i'm sure they have a topic here for kids to post?

LOL am i seriously talking about chad pennington in the same sentence as ANY broncos QB? I really need to start doing drugs again...Oh wait..he almost had kyle orton for looks? roflmfao

One other thought: I know DT got his in the end, but what is with Peyton's love for Sanders?

Maybe Sanders is like Peyton's other favorite targets, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, He runs good routes and gets separation.....a lot of his targets are about timing and trust. Plus DT is drawing coverage away.

Maybe Sanders is like Peyton's other favorite targets, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, He runs good routes and gets separation.....a lot of his targets are about timing and trust. Plus DT is drawing coverage away.

I think Peyton's love for Sanders last night was all about who was covering him

I think Peyton's love for Sanders last night was all about who was covering him

There's a good chance you're right.

Nothing other than an FYI: last year DT had 184 targets while Sanders had 141. This year, so far, it's 26 for Sanders and 25 for DT.

Good call. Pennington had a much stronger arm

Jay Cutler has a GREAT arm. I assume you took him early in your draft?

These sorts of conversations are so pointless. Some of the all-time greats (Brady, Montana, Manning, Steve Young) didn't have strong arms at all. QB is a cerebral position FAR more than a physical position. Heck, John Elways' Super Bowls were won only after many of his physical skills had declined.

• Like 1