Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Whats the deal with owners who are either too dumb or aloof to play but keep paying?

By that I mean those guys that show up for the draft, pay the fee then think the season is over. They can make starts/sits but have no concept of team management or making roster moves. Theres a guy in my league right now, his bench has Reggie Wayne, Javorious allen, steven Ridley, J thomas (not set to IR), and owen daniels. Hasnt made an add/drop and not even sure he knows how. A grown man. The league was $175 to enter and draft. I would never pay that much cash for something I was so dumb about. Whats with guys like this? His starting lineup is dangerous too, but he will have no bye week replacements. I just dont get it. Anyone else have guys like this in your league? Not even a random online league, this is a live draft we have all done for a decade and he has played the last 3-4 years. This is CBS too, not some complicated site like MFL, a trained monkey could figure this out.

Watch him win the title .

Watch him win the title .

Yep, was going to add that. His starting lineup is Mariota, Alf, Murray, Calvin, keenan, ertz, Crowell, Hawks D, Gostkowski.

That guy sucks I hate him! No but in all seriousness you needn't complain about fish when gambling.

Keep quiet until after you have played them. Then raise hell about it.

This too. Iv told the story of how I directly punted a championship a couple years ago by making some idiot set his lineup. He ended up winning an extra game with gamve him a division win over me that would have won me the championship with eventual playoff seeding/results.

I can't say how much fun you guys are but some people do it for just that. My main league has been doing a live destination draft for almost 20 years. I would say the top draw of being in the league is that we get to hang out for a weekend each year. Some guys are happy with just that.

for some people it's about getting together with the guys, having a few beers and drafting your team.

I honestly think some would rather have the get-together for beers and football talk than the actual management of the team.

My brother has been playing FF in a dif league for something like 5-6 years now and I had to teach him just now what the concept of waivers was...

My brother has been playing FF in a dif league for something like 5-6 years now and I had to teach him just now what the concept of waivers was...

wow, 5 years?

good thing you were around to clue him in.

This too. Iv told the story of how I directly punted a championship a couple years ago by making some idiot set his lineup. He ended up winning an extra game with gamve him a division win over me that would have won me the championship with eventual playoff seeding/results.

This is the eternal problem of the commish. Do you do what you should do to maintain competitiveness and owner engagement across the league...or do you wait until next week, when the bum isn't playing you, to do it?

I've done things that were against my immediate interests, for the sake of trying to make the league better and more exciting overall.

• Like 1

I contemplate all the time of giving waiver wire tips to one of my leagues. We use a facebook group to communicate and talk trash, but sometimes I just want to give player watch updates.

i am in four leagues. In three leagues this weekend at least one owner played someone who wasn't in the game. Delanie walker, djax, and freaking alshon jeffery... djax! lol

on one hand these people are mostly free money so who cares? On the other hand it fucks up the competition overall...

the league I run, if you do this once we talk, if you do it twice you aren't invited back the next year... leagues I don't run, I just go with the flow since there is no use getting upset about things you can't control.

jdon

for some people it's about getting together with the guys, having a few beers and drafting your team.

I honestly think some would rather have the get-together for beers and football talk than the actual management of the team.

The off season preparing for the upcoming drafts and than the drafts themselves are my favorite part . Management of my teams of fun but not my favorite .

1 of my leagues is highly competitive for a few reasons.

We keep a board of total wins and losses throughout the years

Lots of trash talking

Pick ups every 4 weeks and you are expected to show or you may be kicked out

Things like shots every 3 rounds drafting, beer beech is last years worst player

Lots of trading at the draft and the 4 week meetings

If you aren't really playing putting a line-up in or making gawd awful trades you wont be asked back

And of course I do not play for free

Another money league I am in is plain jane, same rules every year and nobody trades. Doesn't have near the bang, you get the sucky people who play you hard then start to not care after week 8