Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Fitzpatrick to remain the starter in New York

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000536756/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-to-remain-starter-when-geno-returns

I agree he has looked good so far, but why make the announcement now?

If he goes out and stinks the joint out or gets hurt between now and the time Geno returns, then you have to repair the relationship with Geno.

if you make the announcment the week Geno returns, then you hopefully dont get into this situation.

either way, the cat is out of the bag now.

and Yes, he's looked pretty decent so far.

Geno is the worst QB in the NFL

Agreed. Can't believe they cut the guy who broke his jaw. They should be thanking him.

Agreed. Can't believe they cut the guy who broke his jaw. They should be thanking him.

I think that's more about appropriate behaviour in the dressing room. Not about whether the end result was good or not.

on a side note, the NFL had concluded its investigation and determined Fitzpatrick did not pay him to do this.

:shocking:

I think that's more about appropriate behaviour in the dressing room. Not about whether the end result was good or not.

on a side note, the NFL had concluded its investigation and determined Fitzpatrick did not pay him to do this.

:shocking:

I know it is. Anyways geno lost the locker room. He disrespected a teammate, why should others follow him?

I know it is. Anyways geno lost the locker room. He disrespected a teammate, why should others follow him?

And it's not like there's 2 sides of the story. Geno was a total dickwad. He didn't (legally) deserve to get decked. But when a "leader" is trying to screw a sixth round pick out of 600 bucks, that's just not something a locker room is going to stand for.

And now, Geno has lost his starting job, when a successful season would have meant a new, 10 figure (possibly yearly) deal, rather than just pony up what he owed the guy.

And it's not like there's 2 sides of the story. Geno was a total dickwad. He didn't (legally) deserve to get decked. But when a "leader" is trying to screw a sixth round pick out of 600 bucks, that's just not something a locker room is going to stand for.

And now, Geno has lost his starting job, when a successful season would have meant a new, 10 figure (possibly yearly) deal, rather than just pony up what he owed the guy.

was he actually trying to screw him out of the cash? I dont know the situation well enough. The media said it was about money owed, but they never said he refused to pay.

either way, Its pocket change for someone making the kind of cash they all make.

I'm not going to take one side or the other. at the time this came out I was thinking both players should get their walking papers. It's better than trying to sort out who's right and who is wrong and it sends a message to the team to handle their affairs in a reasonable manner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000536756/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-to-remain-starter-when-geno-returns

I agree he has looked good so far, but why make the announcement now?

If he goes out and stinks the joint out or gets hurt between now and the time Geno returns, then you have to repair the relationship with Geno.

if you make the announcment the week Geno returns, then you hopefully dont get into this situation.

either way, the cat is out of the bag now.

and Yes, he's looked pretty decent so far.

It was said this past summer , the best thing that happen to Marshall and Decker was the change at qb. This is not the same offense with Geno at the helm .

was he actually trying to screw him out of the cash? I dont know the situation well enough. The media said it was about money owed, but they never said he refused to pay.

either way, Its pocket change for someone making the kind of cash they all make.

I'm not going to take one side or the other. at the time this came out I was thinking both players should get their walking papers. It's better than trying to sort out who's right and who is wrong and it sends a message to the team to handle their affairs in a reasonable manner.

I don't think geno was trying to screw him out of cash. Geno just put himself b4 his teammate, and was too lazy to cancel plans he made with him I think to show up to some training camp for kids.

Noone deserves to be assaulted in that situation even if he was being a dickwad. I'm betting there are more details to this story than meets the eye. Either way Fitz is the QB as long as the team's winning and he's playing well enough.

Obviously it's second/third hand information, but:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/ryan-clark-explains-what-exactly-happened-during-geno-smith-ik-enemkpali-fight/

“MY REPORT SAYS GENO PUT HIS FINGER IN HIS FACE AND TOLD THE GUY, WELL, YOU’RE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.”

Haha, I forgot about that part of the report.

pretty dumb to stick your finger in anyones face and dare them to do anything about it. Even if they are a teammate who should know better than to touch you.

anyhow, I bet he never does that again. lol

Let's turn this into a thread about the Jets passing attack

As a Brandon Marshall owner I am ecstatic Fitzpatrick is remaining the qb.

Best news for the Jets team .

Haha, I forgot about that part of the report.

pretty dumb to stick your finger in anyones face and dare them to do anything about it. Even if they are a teammate who should know better than to touch you.

anyhow, I bet he never does that again. lol

"Hey huge roided up dude who gets paid to hit people...betcha you won't hit me."

I'm loving the Amish Rifle getting another chance. Guy has played above his 'natural ability' any number of times.