Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

DFS Week 3

Just posted Andy Swanson's column on how to ready the Vegas betting lines to help in your DFS games. I like his feeling on Blount this week. We'll have Holka's weekly DFS column posted on Friday.

I've been dealing with some issues with our stats provider so I haven't had time to play as much volume as I would've liked but the first two weeks have been decent for me on both FanDuel and DraftKings . Hopefully I can get my lineup(s) built at a decent time this week and I'll post one here...

Ready to take the plunge with Blount? Here's a cash game lineup for DraftKings...

QB Carson Palmer
RB L. Blount
RB Marshawn Lynch
WR Antonio Brown
WR John Brown
WR Julian Edelman
TE Coby Fleener
FLEX T. Williams
DST Seahawks

Still debating whether or not to use Blount... which means I'll likely remove him. There's no need to play the RB guessing game in New England. I do like the others in this roster though. Fleener is in only if Dwayne Allen is ruled out.

Travis Benjamin.

The Raiders have given up the most big passing plays in the NFL this season.

McCown is better than most people think throwing the deep ball

Benjamin now becomes a contrarian pick because a lot of people will fade him without JFF.

There's no guarantee that if McCown struggles, that JFF doesn't play anyways.

Ready to take the plunge with Blount? Here's a cash game lineup for DraftKings...

QB Carson Palmer

RB L. Blount

RB Marshawn Lynch

WR Antonio Brown

WR John Brown

WR Julian Edelman

TE Coby Fleener

FLEX T. Williams

DST Seahawks

Still debating whether or not to use Blount... which means I'll likely remove him. There's no need to play the RB guessing game in New England. I do like the others in this roster though. Fleener is in only if Dwayne Allen is ruled out.

Allen is already announced as "out". It's bad enough playing NE RB guessing game in FF, why do it in DFS? Seahawks are screaming to be the top D this week, which means a lot of people will have them. Personally, I am going with a different D, but haven't decided yet. Liking Panthers though with Brees out.

Seahawks are screaming to be the top D this week, which means a lot of people will have them. Personally, I am going with a different D, but haven't decided yet. Liking Panthers though with Brees out.

I came to the forum to look for DEF plays in DFS games this week.

I'm torn between CAR and SEA.

My current roster has enough funds left over for SEA price tag of $5300, even though I've currently got CAR at $4600 in place.

hmmmm, what to do, what to do?

Better ease up on Lynch.

Fjax should see increased touches even if Lynch plays. That game should be 1 sided from the jump.

Other guys I like this week for value purposes allowing for increase spending in other areas....

Palmer

Dalton

Chris Polk

Blount

Sproles

Starks

Randle

Freeman

Moncrief

J. Cook

I tend to search for bargain RBS more so than WRs.

I came to the forum to look for DEF plays in DFS games this week.

I'm torn between CAR and SEA.

My current roster has enough funds left over for SEA price tag of $5300, even though I've currently got CAR at $4600 in place.

hmmmm, what to do, what to do?

It depends on your format. I think Seattle is a safe play for the 50/50 or double up leagues, but if your swinging for the fences you should try something outside the box. Oakland or something of that type.

Just my thoughts

Travis Benjamin.

Benjamin now becomes a contrarian pick because a lot of people will fade him without JFF.

Benjamin currently has a higher percentage of usage than Julio Jones this week. Everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.

• Like 1

It depends on your format. I think Seattle is a safe play for the 50/50 or double up leagues, but if your swinging for the fences you should try something outside the box. Oakland or something of that type.

Just my thoughts

That is true.

For me - I usually don't play in the large tournaments. I find myself in the 5 and 10 team leagues as well as the Double up / Quintuple up type of fields.

BTW: I already have two of the "value" players you mentioned in your post in my DFS lineup this week.

Qb: Cam

WR: DT

WR:Cobb

WR:Edelman

RB: Bilal

RB: Spiller

TE: Delanie

FLEX: BMarsh

DEF:SEA

Travis Benjamin.

As a Browns fan I gotta tell you Benjamin is going to have many more bust weeks than boom weeks. He was only on the field for 9 offensive plays last week.

As Flgatorguy87 noted, Lynch isn't a lock this week especially given his price tag of $8,700 in Fanduel.

If you're playing in tourneys, I would save those QB/RB dollars towards WR1 with huge ceilings.

Also, there are two home defenses against horrible teams; Carolina & Jets. Both very affordable.

• Like 1

Is anyone playing LeVeon Bell this week in DFS?

With Lynch listed as questionable and most likely sitting in the 2nd half with a big lead, is Bell a good option this week or are you taking a wait and see approach?

Is anyone playing LeVeon Bell this week in DFS?

With Lynch listed as questionable and most likely sitting in the 2nd half with a big lead, is Bell a good option this week or are you taking a wait and see approach?

I'm sending him straight out. I like his price. He's one of the few EBs I've paid full price for.

I'm sending him straight out. I like his price. He's one of the few EBs I've paid full price for.

Im not sure about his matchup. Obviously Jones ran all over the Rams last week, but that was an odd game. I think the Rams D bounces back and looks to limit Bell. I still think hes a good play this week, but for the price i think i can get similar production out of cheaper backs.

Im not sure about his matchup. Obviously Jones ran all over the Rams last week, but that was an odd game. I think the Rams D bounces back and looks to limit Bell. I still think hes a good play this week, but for the price i think i can get similar production out of cheaper backs.

I think he's a huge part of the passing game which is key in DFS RBs

QB Carson Palmer

RB L. Blount

RB Marshawn Lynch

WR Antonio Brown

WR John Brown

WR Julian Edelman

TE Coby Fleener

FLEX T. Williams

DST Seahawks

Edelmans ownershit % is thru the roof this week, and I guess you got the news Lynch will be a GTD. I am going with SEA in all my action, I dont care on them how much they are owned. I like the Blount call

Since everyone owns edelman, is it better to go with another option at receiver?

in very, very large tournaments I would say yes, especially if you are rolling out a bunch of top choices. If you match him with another highly owned WR, I think you lose an edge.

I had Lynch in midweek, but figured everyone would be on him this week considering the opponent and Lynch's success at home. I went cheaper instead (M. Gordon) so I could upgrade at TE, so the news about GTD makes me feel a little better about the decision. Still undecided on D and K. Have been all over the map on those two and prolly won't decide til just before gametime tomorrow lol.

I'll be removing Lynch from my cash game lineups unless we get a clear word on his status (which we probably won't). I'll post and updated lineup in the morning...

Since everyone owns edelman, is it better to go with another option at receiver?

At $7,700 with an over/under of 48, Edelman's usage percentage shouldn't be a concern. I'd try to find the lower percentage owned QB or RB or WR3 than fret about Julian in my lineups. The guy's a stud and no brainer for that price tag.

At DraftKings because wherever I've read, I've seen an opinion stated that it's better then FanDuel.

In a $1 mil guar w/383k entrants (1st prize is 100k)... $3 entry...

I see lineups made almost entirely of Giants & Redskins at the top of the standings. If it was a few lineups, I'd think these people are first timers who don't understand the rules. But there are at least 600 lineups with only 60 or 120 player minutes remaining. So basically it appears almost every combination of Giants/Redskins players might have an entry. I'd say the chances of these sites being rigged is 91%.

At DraftKings because wherever I've read, I've seen an opinion stated that it's better then FanDuel.

In a $1 mil guar w/383k entrants (1st prize is 100k)... $3 entry...

I see lineups made almost entirely of Giants & Redskins at the top of the standings. If it was a few lineups, I'd think these people are first timers who don't understand the rules. But there are at least 600 lineups with only 60 or 120 player minutes remaining. So basically it appears almost every combination of Giants/Redskins players might have an entry. I'd say the chances of these sites being rigged is 91%.

Dude, that's no where close to bad and its 100% legit that people are idiots that only stack one or two games. Particularly the first game. People truly think contrarian means the most ridiculous combinations ever.

Play daily NBA sometime and see how many people will just stack one game thinking they know something others don't. A lot of times they just want to see their name at the top of the leader board or something.

Anyone else throwing Devonta Freeman out there today? His price seems great for the usage he'll get today without Coleman

Anyone else throwing Devonta Freeman out there today? His price seems great for the usage he'll get today without Coleman

I considered Freeman and built a couple different lineup scenarios with him but ultimately I'm going with this at FanDuel...

QB Peyton Manning

RB Latavius Murray

RB Adrian Peterson

WR Demaryius Thomas

WR Brandon Marshall

WR John Brown

TE Coby Fleener

K Nick Folk

D Carolina Panthers

Hope you stuck with him.

My Yahoo DFS cash lineups all have AP, Freeman, and Randle

$$$$$$$

I usually throw my cash lineup into a GPP. Unfortunately today was not one of those days

Better ease up on Lynch.

Fjax should see increased touches even if Lynch plays. That game should be 1 sided from the jump.

Other guys I like this week for value purposes allowing for increase spending in other areas....

Palmer

Dalton

Chris Polk

Blount

Sproles

Starks

Randle

Freeman

Moncrief

J. Cook

I tend to search for bargain RBS more so than WRs.

These RBS are winning me some money.

I jumped in this week. I had Murray and Freeman with Brady, Edleman and Gronk stack. It worked out, but the Jets defense blew. I almost went with AJ Green instead of A. Brown at WR, but saw something about AJ having a knee thing. If Charles does well tonight I'll finish in the black, but not by much. lol

It's kind of fun. Though, I won't enter the million dollar pool. That's just silly.

I jumped in this week. I had Murray and Freeman with Brady, Edleman and Gronk stack. It worked out, but the Jets defense blew. I almost went with AJ Green instead of A. Brown at WR, but saw something about AJ having a knee thing. If Charles does well tonight I'll finish in the black, but not by much. lol

It's kind of fun. Though, I won't enter the million dollar pool. That's just silly.

Seattle D was worth the money this week as was Arizona. I just need Starks to get a a few points tonight to keep me in the green.

Sorry to hear that. It looked like you were going to be golden with Charles.

Apparently others had Rogers and/or Cobb going and knocked me out. lol

A. I was in 8 games, and I just missed the money by 2 pts or less in 4 or them.

B. It was my first time ever.

C. I learned some things along the way so hopefully, I'll get better at it.

D. It is fun.

Lastly, I fear that this could become addicting. lol