Sign in to follow this  
dave32

Lynch a game time decision this week

So go pick up Fred Jackson in all your leagues. Top 5 RB this week if Beast Mode can't go

Just scooped thanks dave

:cheers:

Sounds iffy...vs the worst team in the nfl and with a capable backup why wouldnt they just rest him and play Fred? Or if Lynch plays, do you thin k they will pound him in the 2nd half if they are up when they could be resting him?

If he sits he will be Least Mode to me.

wait...he's always Least Mode to me. :bench:

Sounds iffy...vs the worst team in the nfl and with a capable backup why wouldnt they just rest him and play Fred? Or if Lynch plays, do you thin k they will pound him in the 2nd half if they are up when they could be resting him?

I think you are right on. It's a game they should be able to handle with Fjax. If he's able to go I don't see them pounding him in a game they don't need him in. I think Fjax is the play either way assuming he doesn't make improvements in leaps and bounds before then.

I'm not sure what benefit they get out of reporting this against a banged up bears team?

Lynch is playing.

They are 0-2, they cant lose at home and go down 0-3.

They won't need lynch for this game. Even if he plays don't expect much.

Yeah, now I get to find 3 guys to start from:
Lynch (GTD)

Ingram
Ivory (GTD?)

Decker (out)

Andre Johnson (dead)

Foster (out)

D Lewis (seemingly inevitable Blount week)

Hoping the same thing. Picked up FJax as a possible flex.

If we do t hear by early game my only option If lynch is out I could swap in Fjax for Forte

Lynch is playing.

They are 0-2, they cant lose at home and go down 0-3.

I think this is a very important consideration. Seattle is desperate. Cards should win this weekend, and Seattle can't afford to go down three games to them. (I suspect they looked past the Rams game to the GB game.)

Yeah, Chicago is terrible, but the firestorm if you lost to them *and* sat your all-pro RB when he could have played? I love Fred, I'm sitting in a building in his alma mater right now :), but Lynch is a gamer and they have to be feeling pressure.

I like Rawls as a sleeper if Lynch is out

This is what makes this board great. Just picked up Jackson and opponent has Lynch. Even if I don't play Jackson at least my opponent can't either.

This is what makes this board great. Just picked up Jackson and opponent has Lynch. Even if I don't play Jackson at least my opponent can't either.

LOL, my First World Problem...I can't pick up Fred in my big league because I'd have to drop D Johnson or Matt Jones or Danny Woodhead. I have worked my way to a place where I have no roster junk. (And I have to add Foster from short term IR soon :unsure: )

LOL, my First World Problem...I can't pick up Fred in my big league because I'd have to drop D Johnson or Matt Jones or Danny Woodhead. I have worked my way to a place where I have no roster junk. (And I have to add Foster from short term IR soon :unsure: )

I usually have one throwaway spot. I used Karlos Williams. Figure him and Fjax have equal value unless starter is injured. Well right now Lynch appears to be.

I usually have one throwaway spot. I used Karlos Williams. Figure him and Fjax have equal value unless starter is injured. Well right now Lynch appears to be.

Oh I try to keep one. But I put Hankerson in it this week, and I'm thin at WR. Dropping Hank for Fred would leave me with one WR on my bench in a start-3 league. My least valuable guys are guys I don't think will make it back to me out of waivers, and are more valuable than a one week pickup. I have three TEs right now, for example--Reed, Walker, and Gates. My plan is to package Reed or Walker with a RB for a better WR, and I think that's still a good plan. Dropping one of them for Fred would kill any trade value for the other one, because I think both Reed and Walker have good value. If Lynch was down for multiple weeks, Walker goes in a heartbeat. For one week? And maybe Lynch still plays? Nope.

Oh I try to keep one. But I put Hankerson in it this week, and I'm thin at WR. Dropping Hank for Fred would leave me with one WR on my bench in a start-3 league. My least valuable guys are guys I don't think will make it back to me out of waivers, and are more valuable than a one week pickup. I have three TEs right now, for example--Reed, Walker, and Gates. My plan is to package Reed or Walker with a RB for a better WR, and I think that's still a good plan. Dropping one of them for Fred would kill any trade value for the other one, because I think both Reed and Walker have good value. If Lynch was down for multiple weeks, Walker goes in a heartbeat. For one week? And maybe Lynch still plays? Nope.

It's right now a one week flier. Like you said

It's right now a one week flier. Like you said

Agreed, I just happen to be in a spot where I can't do it. Like I said, First World Problem :) I am looking at a couple of rosters in that same league where I would have already grabbed him before this Lynch news. But such is life.

I have Hillman on my bench, I will plug him in if Lynch doesn't go. Not even close to an equal replacement, but better than nothing.

Basically the likely ww options would be: FJax

Hillman

Knile Davis

Starks

Starks may be good if Lacy doesn't play and even if he does, there's a good chance Green Bay lightens his load so as not to lose their starting RB this early in the season in addition to their other loss(es). Mainly, Nelson. My 2 cents.

I don't have the luxury of a deep waiver pool of 4 PM or later guys to reach for if he doesn't start (not that it would matter, since the rest of my bench play at 1 PM and would be locked before the news came out). The best 4 PM or later guys that I could make a move for now are Doug Baldwin, Theo Riddick, Richard Rodgers...

this just in

A source with knowledge of the situation tells ProFootballTalk the Seahawks are "cautiously optimistic" Marshawn Lynch (questionable, calf) will play this week.

Lynch is a game-time decision, but it sounds like his missed Friday practice was more precautionary than a setback. Lynch's status likely won’t be known until late Sunday, so owners still need to have a backup plan in place. Fred Jackson would start and likely split carries with UDFA Thomas Rawls if Lynch is ruled out.

I don't have the luxury of a deep waiver pool of 4 PM or later guys to reach for if he doesn't start (not that it would matter, since the rest of my bench play at 1 PM and would be locked before the news came out). The best 4 PM or later guys that I could make a move for now are Doug Baldwin, Theo Riddick, Richard Rodgers...

Unfortunately, his game starts at 4:25 so I wasn't even considering other 4PM options. But I guess they would announce his playing status up to an hour ahead of time, so that does expand the list I had above. In your situation, I would roll the dice and leave him in. I figure since he played through it last week, he should be good to go this week. I just hope Seattle doesn't assume a win against the Bears and decide to sit him.

I probably won't even keep Fjax rostered unless I know by 1pm marshawn is out. Need 3 qbs while Brees is out.

So he will go from a GTD to a must start? Does anyone think Fjax is the play either way. I'm thinking that he is. Lynch tweaking a calf after a few carries would suck.

I think they'll play him if they can. I also think if they get up quite a bit over Chicago (which obviously is a very real possibility) they'll pull him and run Jackson (and/or Rawls) to kill the clock once the game is in control.

Which if that happens, basically kills the chances for all the RB's.

Being a 3pm start (CST), it's tough to really do anything alternative unless you're rostering Jackson, which I really can't afford to do.

I don't own Lynch, and really need a RB2, but I gotta roll out Bishop Sankey and hope for the best; even though Jackson is sitting on the wire.

One is guaranteed touches....the other is an NFL RB that is old and yet still somewhat productive.

I really hope he doesn't play. F-jax getting the bulk seems like a better scenario than Lynch possibly splitting time, getting hurt, or being pulled if Seattle goes up big.

I also would rather play F-jax over Hyde anyway. I think Fred would annihilate the Bears.

Doesn't make sense. Just sit him! oh well