Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Okay Viking's Fans (Charles Johnson)

This guy had all the makings of a break out WR this season, based on Teddy's familiarity with him, year three, and he just flat out looked good last season.

What's changed? Has he been banged up all season (I know he has the rib problem now)? Is it the offense as a whole? What gives?

People were wrong, now move on. Thats all there is to say, just rip the band aid, the dream is dead.

They have mike Wallace now. Offense runs through AP. Rudolph is healthy. Bad OLINE. Teddy was overrated. He looked great in the preseason right? But did you know he looked even better in last years preseason? Teddy is a game manager and a min WR is only good for a flex or bye week filler.

#1: The offense runs through AD.

#2:

Coming into the season, my biggest worry is that he was switching to a new role. He did a LOT of his damage on the deep route last year, and the Vikings brought in Mike Wallace to do that this year. A new role is concerning for any WR, but especially one whose scouting report is "talented, but raw".

People were wrong, now move on. Thats all there is to say, just rip the band aid, the dream is dead.

No band aid to rip. I didn't draft him. But he was dropped, so I thought I'd inquire. That is all. :shocking:

i plan on dropping him this week for a streaming defense. I hope somebody picks him up and drops a useful player. My league is full of those people.

i plan on dropping him this week for a streaming defense. I hope somebody picks him up and drops a useful player. My league is full of those people.

this week? really? You are about 3 weeks too late

this week? really? You are about 3 weeks too late

Oh I tried to be only 2 weeks late and drop him last week but I was too far down the pecking order to get anything of value. Though potato was still on the waiver wire. I should have gone for potato.

They have mike Wallace now. Offense runs through AP. Rudolph is healthy. Bad OLINE. Teddy was overrated. He looked great in the preseason right? But did you know he looked even better in last years preseason? Teddy is a game manager and a min WR is only good for a flex or bye week filler.

Amen you nailed it .

This here. People swung and missed on this one. Just like they've been swinging and missing on Rudolph since he's been in the league.

This here. People swung and missed on this one. Just like they've been swinging and missing on Rudolph since he's been in the league.

One of my opponents fell for the Rudolph trap this week (I call it the Reindeer Game). "He's a great athlete and pass catcher and his young/new/shaky QB is going to need his security blanket." I fell for it for a brief span last year. Yeesh.

One of my opponents fell for the Rudolph trap this week (I call it the Reindeer Game). "He's a great athlete and pass catcher and his young/new/shaky QB is going to need his security blanket." I fell for it for a brief span last year. Yeesh.

Dont forget the best argument they use. "Norv turner makes his TE stars!". I paid through the nose for Rudolph in an auction last year.

Dont forget the best argument they use. "Norv turner makes his TE stars!". I paid through the nose for Rudolph in an auction last year.

Last year was just a dark, dark year of the TE for me. I heavily invested in Jordan Cameron in drafts. Nuff said. Scrambling for any TE points the rest of the year. Rudolph was involved, I'm ashamed to admit.

That's why I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago on Gates.

I think people had too high of expectations for Johnson this year. The Vikes are going to get everything they can out of ADP since he wasn't really tradable and has maybe another year or so left in the tank.

If Teddy continues to develop, Johnson may see his day. As other have mentioned, right now it's more of a game plan to make as few mistakes as possible, manage the game and feed it through AP. Johnson is a top-tier athlete but not likely to fully shine this year...maybe next. In re-draft I'd sell him, in dynasty I'm still buying (at a discount).

Johnson just hasnt lived up to the hype sadly. After the game against Denver this week I thought the Vikes receivers Diggs and Thielen looked great. In fact we had more production out of those 2 than Wright and Johnson had all year so far. AP is the man, but I feel behind Wallace these 2 guys may move up the Vikes depth charts at WR?

Charles has been hurt all year and they finally didn't even activate him for Game 4. He'll likely be back at some point, but after missing a big part of the season and competing with better weapons on that offense this year, I doubt he will be very relevant in fantasy this season. I wouldn't write him off long term though, we'll have to see what he looks like when he gets back to full health.

He's a big play deep threat type guy.

Because the Viking's o-line is so horrible, they have very rarely done any 5-7 step drops looking to throw down field.

Until the o-line comes together, they will be checking down a lot.

Look for the o-line to improve once Sullivan comes back. Then Berger can move back to guard.