Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Anyone Benching Don Julio tonight?

I'm a saints fan. We are pathetic. What is usually a good game between saints and Falcons will prolly be a Falcons blow out. I think Julio will be a decoy and they will run the piss outta the ball on us. Think about last game. If Julio doesn't get that fumble recovery in endzone he has 9 pts. I just think he will be a decoy in first half they will be up by 2-3 tds at half and then just rest him second half. Really thinking of benching him tonight. It's so hard but could be the right thing

I wouldn't. I benched Brady @ Buffalo earlier this year since I believed the hype about the Bills' defense.

Unless he's inactive, you start him.

Not sure if you watched, but he looked pathetic last week, and on a short week I really worry about aggravating that hammy. I'd consider benching him if I had anybody capable of doing 80% of his normal production (but I don't).

Reports are he's on a pitch count.

Unstartable.

He couldn't run against the skins and aggravated it during that game.

It's Julio, he's always hurt.

I stand corrected.....bench away and pray he gets rest.

If I were a Julio owner I'd be praying they don't play him tonight. Otherwise this thing is going to nag him every week. Take the 10 days and rest the hammy.

If I were a Julio owner I'd be praying they don't play him tonight. Otherwise this thing is going to nag him every week. Take the 10 days and rest the hammy.

:thumbsup:

Julio is hurt, he put up bad numbers the past 2 weeks (because he's hurt) and he's playing on a short week (little chance to heal).

It's tough to bench him, but if that isn't a reason, I don't know what is.

I'm also a Saints fan and a decoy can put up good numbers! Seriously, I wish he would just be inactive so I don't have to make a decision.

I'm also a Saints fan and a decoy can put up good numbers! Seriously, I wish he would just be inactive so I don't have to make a decision.

This. I'm thinking about benching him for Hurns. But I also have Cobb, which hasn't been playing well lately, either, and I don't have 2 viable replacements. Julio probably has the biggest upside...

URGH! I'll probably flip a coin before kickoff. :wall:

Edit: Maybe a preemptive FU from Filthy would help.

This. I'm thinking about benching him for Hurns. But I also have Cobb, which hasn't been playing well lately, either, and I don't have 2 viable replacements. Julio probably has the biggest upside...

URGH! I'll probably flip a coin before kickoff. :wall:

Edit: Maybe a preemptive FU from Filthy would help.

I don't see any upside for Julio this week. He just hobbled around the field four short days ago. He could run one route and be done for the night.

Rotoworld reporting that Julio WON'T be on a pitch count. ESPN has him ranked at their top WR this week. :shocking:

Rotoworld reporting that Julio WON'T be on a pitch count. ESPN has him ranked at their top WR this week. :shocking:

Just got an update along the same lines. Julio is saying he feels much better than he did entering the team's week 5 matchup.

Guess I have to start him now.

Anyone who watched the game 4 days ago knows you bench him this week. He couldnt get open against the Skins 4th backup reserve journeyman. Because he can't push off with the leg.

Of course you're getting the smoke and mirror comments prior to kickoff. Of course the coach said he's 185%. They probably also told Julio to say he feels amazing.

This is not our first rodeo folks. You can't start him. You hope he doesn't dress.

I can just see the gameplan for tonite. A big FREEMAN written on the chalkboard circled 50 times and arrows pointing to him. Meanwhile a stick figure of julio handing him gatorade and a towel.

• Like 1

I can just see the gameplan for tonite. A big FREEMAN written on the chalkboard circled 50 times and arrows pointing to him. Meanwhile a stick figure of julio handing him gatorade and a towel.

Pretty much. Roddy White might actually have to earn a paycheck this week.

The Falcons are 5-0. The coaches and management are insane to let their superstud go out there and blow his leg out. Same guy with huge injury issues.

Studs play hurt. Don't bench your studs if they're playing. Especially the number one wideout in the NFL.

Have you guys ever played fantasy football before?

Studs play hurt. Don't bench your studs if they're playing. Especially the number one wideout in the NFL.

LOL this has been terrible advice for years. Calvin and AJ last year decoy mode, Roddy couple years back decoy, Lynch few weeks back, Lacy,countless other examples as of recently. Pretty much get burned 99% of the time playing guys who are banged up or game time decisions. you couldnt be more wrong. That said, it doesnt look like Julio is THAT hurt tonite.

LOL this has been terrible advice for years. Calvin and AJ last year decoy mode, Roddy couple years back decoy, Lynch few weeks back, Lacy,countless other examples as of recently. Pretty much get burned 99% of the time playing guys who are banged up or game time decisions. you couldnt be more wrong. That said, it doesnt look like Julio is THAT hurt tonite.

It's stupid management. If you draft a guy in the first or second round and he is producing as such a player should, you don't bench him for matches or short weeks or a ding here or there. It's classic overthinking.

So you guys think you can predict when a top notch player will be used in "decoy mode"? I want you in my league. Just hand over your $$$ right away.

:lol:

Hey, Tan, Deandre Hopkins is going up against the #9 defense against wide receivers this week. Should I bench him for Marquess wilson? Jeffrey is out and the Bears are going up against the #25 defense for wide receivers. Surely the matchup is better, right?

:rolleyes:

Pretty much. Roddy White might actually have to earn a paycheck this week.

The Falcons are 5-0. The coaches and management are insane to let their superstud go out there and blow his leg out. Same guy with huge injury issues.

Stupid.

It's stupid management. If you draft a guy in the first or second round and he is producing as such a player should, you don't bench him for matches or short weeks or a ding here or there. It's classic overthinking.

So you guys think you can predict when a top notch player will be used in "decoy mode"? I want you in my league. Just hand over your $$$ right away.

:lol:

Yes, I can predict that. Ill admit, in this threads case, with Julio probable and not on a pitch count im not worried. But in cases like Lynch a few weeks ago or Lacy where he was a game time decision, hes an easy sit.

Hey, Tan, Deandre Hopkins is going up against the #9 defense against wide receivers this week. Should I bench him for Marquess wilson? Jeffrey is out and the Bears are going up against the #25 defense for wide receivers. Surely the matchup is better, right?

:rolleyes:

This isnt a debate about matchups, its about injuries. I think trends are for the birds, I start the better player in 90% of cases. I dont start scrubs period, even in good matchups.

I have no choice, if he puts that helmet on, he's in my starting lineup!

Have him on a few of my teams and I hate to do this but I do think he will be limited so I am benching him .

The general rule is play your healthy studs even with bad match ups.

Hurt studs are duds. Plus, in this case, it's a dreaded Thursday night game. So hurt guy on a really short week.

You're confused.

kent isnt exactly the brightest guy around these parts

True, but I watched the Skins game. Julio was a gimp.

We all might be off base here, as he seems to be less hurt that originally thought. when a coach says a guy is starting and not on a pitch count, i trust him usually. When its a guy whos unsure if he will play but hes "giving it a go" i bench him nomatter who he is. thats fantasy suicide. Based on what we have heard about Julio, id start him.

If this was a Sunday game I would play him but not on a short week , just yesterday they will say he would be on a play count now they are say no he is fine . I think this is coach speak for the other team , because it's a short week for Jones I have benched him .

If this was a Sunday game I would play him but not on a short week , just yesterday they will say he would be on a play count now they are say no he is fine . I think this is coach speak for the other team , because it's a short week for Jones I have benched him .

Prob a safe bet if you have any other upside options.

My $.02, I'm no benching him. His floor is much higher than those I might use to replace him. To make it easier, those replacements are Q for Sunday anyway. Guess I'm stucky like Chucky...

it could be coach speak

or it could be a guy who is resting that actually feels better than he did last week...and then has a few days off before his next game....yeah there is coach "speak"....but quinn also said jones felt better than he did last week....could be bs....but i tend to agree that if he didnt he wouldnt be so candid .....its a division game and theyll have time to rest....

even if hes out there running with browner + help on him....hes taking two guys on every play so hell be out there.....how things play out we just wont know till later

Anyone here think they wont be quick to yank their franchise player if the 5-0 falcons get a nice lead on the hapless saints? Prob wont happen but Jus sayin its yet another angle in wich Julio becomes a dicey play.

Anyone here think they wont be quick to yank their franchise player if the 5-0 falcons get a nice lead on the hapless saints? Prob wont happen but Jus sayin its yet another angle in wich Julio becomes a dicey play.

sure...thats part of the risk....the other side of that coin is that julio has 7 catches and a td helping the falcons build such a lead.....such is always the risk

sure...thats part of the risk....the other side of that coin is that julio has 7 catches and a td helping the falcons build such a lead.....such is always the risk

Freeman to bobby heenan: Look at me, look at me...im the captain now.

Freeman to bobby heenan: Look at me, look at me...im the captain now.

haha sure....so your argument goes from "what if the falcons build a big lead and decide to sit julio" to "well devonta freeman is the captain of the falcons ship"....

..kinda dumb if you ask me.....

I guess my idea that julio is a factor in the falcons building this so called "lead" is far fetched in that tiny brain of yours

sitting julio tonight is the wrong move....100 times out of 100....even if he catches 3 balls for 25 yards ....its the wrong move