Sign in to follow this  
SAA

ROS J Matthews or D Amendola?

With Bradford out, I'm thinking Amendola. Although Matthews did end last year pretty well with Sanchez at the helm.

With Bradford out, I'm thinking Amendola. Although Matthews did end last year pretty well with Sanchez at the helm.

Last year was totally different- JMatthews ran mostly from the slot and Maclin was the outside threat. Don't expect last years numbers if Sancheeze is back at the helm.

Go Amendola

Don't care who is playing qb for the Eagles , Matthews has been awful . I would go with Amendola .

• Like 1

Last year was totally different- JMatthews ran mostly from the slot and Maclin was the outside threat. Don't expect last years numbers if Sancheeze is back at the helm.

Go Amendola

Doesn't Matthews still spend a ton of his time in the slot, especially now with Agholor back? I don't think the issue is the slot but him.now being the #1 guy and defenses planning around stopping him (like the Dolphins clearly did on Sunday). Add in the qb issues and his own issues earlier in the season with drops. He really just is an ideal #2 wr, not a talent that can beat double teams etc.

To answer the question of the op, Amendola ros.

Agree Mattews skills have been poorly used this season .

I think it's more than just qb play , Matthews seems to be dropping a lot of passes , He needs to work on his skills going forward .

Higher floor - Amendola, especiall PPR

Higher ceiling - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I doubt Amendola gets many end zone looks. Blount and Gronk will get first chance. Matthews often gets an endzone toss, but he more often than not, drops it. :wall:

I put in a waiver wire for Amendola. Will drop Matthews if successful.

I wouldnt do that. I would at least wait one more week on Matthews to see if Sanchez and him can regain what they had toward the end of last year. Unless Bradford is starting of course. Then drop all Eagles receivers without hesitation.

I wouldnt do that. I would at least wait one more week on Matthews to see if Sanchez and him can regain what they had toward the end of last year. Unless Bradford is starting of course. Then drop all Eagles receivers without hesitation.

Bradford will be starting once he regains health unless Sanchez has a perfect QB rating or something. Bradford appeared to be a bit more comfortable in the last game he played............. but the real reason is they just need to find out for sure on him.

Bradford isn't signed next year and they will have to make an off-season decision, Sanchez will be there either way because he is already signed for 2016.

Amendola is now among best weekly risk-reward WRs the rest of the way for 2015. He isn't going to get elite WR coverage in any game, but should be an integral part of weekly game plans on an offense that will be among the top scorers in the league. If he is on your WW you need to find a way to pick him up, its highly unlikely there will be a better pickup the rest of the year so blow the budget or top claims.

It remains to be seen. This week I'm starting Amendola over Matthews.

Bradford out helps Matthews. Pats will spread the ball around more and likely up gronks usage for those 3rd down plays

Amendola is a poor mans poor mans wes welker. I would rather take a flyer in Keshawn Martin as the person to step up in edlemans place. Also keep in mind the knock on amendola is that he is made of glass.

More I think about this mess with the pats the more I agree , that I would hold unto Matthews . Just don't trust anyone but Gronk going forward on the Pats .

Mathews is a better bet. Amendola can't hold up to get a lot of targets week in and week out, and the Pats know that