Sign in to follow this  
Stu82

What say you in the know in The Big Easy?

I just picked up Hightower last night and have had Spiller buried on my bench for weeks (he was actually the first on my cut list yesterday until I saw Ingram is now done). Anyone in New Orleans have any insight on whether the starter/main RB this week will be or will it be a 50/50 RB by committee? I'm in a 14 team league and really only have L. Miller and Blount (who is driving me crazy) so would be nice if one of those two Saints was considered the main runner.

Thanks!

Id take a shot with Spiuller and hope for some rec. Hightower has plunge upside but thats it. Plus with Cooks out thats another ding to the offense and Spiller fills that role at least some. Tho to be fair, Hightower has always been that 3rd down rb but is being treated like a plodding power runner.

I posted in the Cooks thread. If Spiller is not involved then what was Loomis and Payton thinking giving him that contract?! I think it's time the Saints make a coaching change. Sometimes it's just time.

With Cooks going down I'm thinking of rolling Spiller over Gore v Jags as Jags are pretty stout vs the run

I like Gore more , not that he is great but I'm not to sure I can trust Spiller until I can see how they are going to use him .

With Cooks going down I'm thinking of rolling Spiller over Gore v Jags as Jags are pretty stout vs the run

Spiller has a high percentage of being an absolute dud. And even if they do turn to him over Hightower (which would be a big surprise), Tampa's not soft against the run.

The Jags did just lose their Mike LB to a broken hand, though. I'd consider playing Gore...

The Jags did just lose their Mike LB to a broken hand, though. I'd consider playing Gore...

Pretty sure Poz will be playing with it anyway, about like Watt.

Sounds like they just took the "significant role" line from Peyton and assumed that meant starting. I'm not starting HighT, who I grabbed, but they've been saying that about Spiller for a while. We'll see.

Depth chart has been updated with Hightower listed as #1.

Knowing Sean Payton though, he'll start Austin Johnson at RB (instead of FB) just to fock us over.