Sign in to follow this  
dschddny

Kelce - baby Gronk or baby Kyle Brady?

I'm surprised at how much of a pass Kelce seems to get from everyone - he was one of the highest ranked TE's going into the season (behind Gronk and grouped with Olsen and Graham), nearly every week he is projected to be in the top 3 or 5, and yet he has had only a couple good weeks all year! The guy may be talented but he's been a bust!

I've started him every week (dopey me!) but now I'm seriously thinking of benching him and starting Ebron vs New Orleans. What do you think? Who would you roll with in what may be a tight playoff game?

I'm in the same boat but my only other really decent option is Zach Ertz, Tamme, or Coby Fleener....think I'll take my chances with Kelce

I made a trade earlier in the season and traded Walker instead of Kelce. At the time, each had the same production, except Kelce was seeing more targets per game. So from a fantasy perspective, he gets a decent amount of targets for a TE.

I believe part of what's killed Kelce's production is the loss of Jamaal Charles.

I'm in the same Ebron vs Kelce situation. Right now I'm leaning toward Ebron. New Orleans has been destroyed by TEs this year.

It's a tough call since Ebron really hasn't done much for several weeks as well. One thing in Ebron's favor is that Pettigrew is out now, if I recall correctly Ebron had some better games earlier in the year when Pettigrew was out...

Don't think about te being overrated , I stream them for most of the season until a good one comes my way , on most of my teams I was able to land Walker so I'm good .

Alex Smith and Andy are working hard to make him less effective. He's just not getting lots of opportunities downfield. IE: Alex Smith just can't make himself attempt adult QB passes with any regularity. Teams aren't going out of their way to stop him from what I see. He's being asked to catch 4-yard passes and break off a bunch of YAC. He gets one every few weeks, because he's pretty good. He might be hurt too so there's that. He's been listed with ankle, groin, and neck stuff this year.

I trust Ebron less than most. He's a big candidate for a 3 for 19. He could totally catch a short TD, but it depends on what you really 'need' from your TE.

Really scary choice: Kelce or ASJ tonight? I'll ask in another post.

It's mostly just that Gronk is #1, Olsen is a distant second, and then everyone else is pretty much the same

barnidge has outscored Olsen this year and d walker has also put up a solid year.

It's Gronk

barnidge

olsen

Walker

Eifert

Kelce

currently I have Kelce....other options are Tamme, Rudolph, Ertz, Griffin, or Walford....should I pick up one of these or roll the dice with Kelce in a PPR

thanks

It's mostly just that Gronk is #1, Olsen is a distant second, and then everyone else is pretty much the same

A lot of this is just situation. If Kelce was playing with Tom Brady in that offense he would be TE #1. The thing that made Kelce intriguing after last year was his use all over the field and on bubble screens. This year Maclin has gotten those targets and it has hurt Kelce's potential.

A lot of this is just situation. If Kelce was playing with Tom Brady in that offense he would be TE #1. The thing that made Kelce intriguing after last year was his use all over the field and on bubble screens. This year Maclin has gotten those targets and it has hurt Kelce's potential.

Plus Andy Reid. He doesn't use his TE a lot.

I'm surprised at how much of a pass Kelce seems to get from everyone - he was one of the highest ranked TE's going into the season (behind Gronk and grouped with Olsen and Graham), nearly every week he is projected to be in the top 3 or 5, and yet he has had only a couple good weeks all year! The guy may be talented but he's been a bust!

I've started him every week (dopey me!) but now I'm seriously thinking of benching him and starting Ebron vs New Orleans. What do you think? Who would you roll with in what may be a tight playoff game?

I cut Kelce this past week. Like you said, all talk, no action. These are the playoffs, you have to be bold and decisive.

Tamme actually looks to be a solid option considering the way Jacksonville has been against tight ends recently

Tamme the last two weeks in PPR: 3 catches, 26yds (5pts); 4 catches, 26yds (6pts) and no TD's. 11pts prior to that then 2pts before that. No thanks on Tamme.

We live in a world where Alex Smith is currently more reliable to exploit a bad defense than Matt Ryan. And again...Kelce basically has to break one to have a decent game. He's good enough to do it every few weeks. I trust that more than I trust Matty Ice with Tamme. Slightly more but more:

Eifert when Dalton is playing is right there with olsen

Huh? Ask Chad Lewis and Brent Celek about that.

Chad Lewis? His best year he had 735 yards. His best TD year was six, so he's out. Celek had one elite year. Andy has been a HC since 1999. Like I said, he doesn't use the tight end.

F' it, I'm rolling with Kelce. Not like I have much better options in Rudolph and Davis (although all are pretty closely ranked at some sites).

I benched Kelce and started Ebron, they scored the same exact points for me. Doing the same this week, prefer Ebron vs SF compared to Kelce vs Cleveland

I benched Kelce and started Ebron, they scored the same exact points for me. Doing the same this week, prefer Ebron vs SF compared to Kelce vs Cleveland

Both good match ups, I'm starting either Kelce or Ertz vs Washington.