Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

Any 2016 love for Doug Baldwin?

So I am very biased here as Baldwin basically won me a championship this year. I get that he is a FA, and that also he has never performed like this in his career. However, I'm seeing a bunch of sites with early projections as him being the 40-50 WR... So like not in the first 10 rounds. I think that is a bit harsh. Where do you folks see him going in redraft leagues in 16?

First ten games of the season he was pretty avg if you ask me , now he is having his best season , I'm not going to over rate him because of how he has finished this season out to many other verables involved .

He's like the wr7 or something ridiculous like that, he will be rated higher by the experts. Wilson is the qb3 right now too, pretty much where he was drafted to be. I'd say baldwin crashes back down to earth but what the fock do I know. He will be nowhere near wr 40 tho with the season he had. He's earned wr2 ranking at the very least.

I see him as next years Golden Tate of this year.

He's like the wr7 or something ridiculous like that, he will be rated higher by the experts. Wilson is the qb3 right now too, pretty much where he was drafted to be. I'd say baldwin crashes back down to earth but what the fock do I know. He will be nowhere near wr 40 tho with the season he had. He's earned wr2 ranking at the very least.

I see him as next years Golden Tate of this year.

That's a fair comparison .

Baldwin is a good receiver. I dont believe he is a true #1 however. I could be wrong though, especially with all the small receivers dominating the league. I just wonder why it took so long for him to flourish. Wilson has had crap to work with at receiver, so one would think Baldwin would have been his go to

I own him in multiple dynasty leagues. Has always been a bye week filler for me and I just hoped he would hit a streak around the weeks I needed him.

This year has shown something more to him, but I doubt that gets me the required trade value to let him go. Just dont think buyers will pay enough.

Looks like a hold for me. If he becomes WR2 quality on my team consistently then great, if not I cant think of anyone else I would rather have at WR4.

He has 11 TD's in the last 5 weeks, this will not continue. He had about 6 weeks in a row with 3 rcpts, that will. This year will be the best for Baldwin.

• Like 1

I love Baldwin and thank him for helping me win it all this year, but his success is determined on the Seattle offensive philosophy. When the beastmode is there beast is the man. When not there, then it can be anyone, like Baldwin.

He excelled when both Lynch and Graham went down. Not sure how high I would rank next year when their bread and butter running game is healthy

Then again they may have found out Russell can carry the team with his arm and is no longer a game manager

He excelled when both Lynch and Graham went down. Not sure how high I would rank next year when their bread and butter running game is healthy

Then again they may have found out Russell can carry the team with his arm and is no longer a game manager

Man i hope they dont go back to that crap run game plan on offense.

Man i hope they dont go back to that crap run game plan on offense.

Me too this was a great explosion of fantasy relevant players.

I'd keep him for a 6th round pick next year in a 12 team league unless you only have a couple of keepers (like 2-3).

Want to know who the dumbest owner in your league is? He's the guy who takes Baldwin as his top WR in next years draft.

I thought Jimmy would do well but they have misused the hell out of him

I think it's more that his liability in blocking was shored up allowing the whole offense to thrive. It can't be coincidence that he gets hurt and Wilson turns in an all time great 2nd half of a season.

Want to know who the dumbest owner in your league is? He's the guy who takes Baldwin as his top WR in next years draft.

Sure, anyone who drafts Baldwin as their #1 WR is an idiot, but what about as a 2nd or higher level 3rd? Where would you rank Baldwin with the likes of Maclin, Crabtree, and Michael Floyd?

I loved him in 2015 and will continue to love him in 2016.

Sure, anyone who drafts Baldwin as their #1 WR is an idiot, but what about as a 2nd or higher level 3rd? Where would you rank Baldwin with the likes of Maclin, Crabtree, and Michael Floyd?

That's the point, someone in most leagues is gonna way overvalue this guy and grab him much to soon. To answer your question I'd rank him below all those three.

If Graham returns next year to derail the offense and be a liability in blocking again then lower Baldwin. If Graham somehow can't go or they wise up and ditch him, Baldwin is a wr1 and just outside the top 10.

If Graham returns next year to derail the offense and be a liability in blocking again then lower Baldwin. If Graham somehow can't go or they wise up and ditch him, Baldwin is a wr1 and just outside the top 10.

Seattle needs to address that oline. They shouldnt need a TE to be in to block. That offense can only be better once Jimmy is back, if they shore up the blocking.

Keep in mind that Baldwin is FA. There is a high probability that he is not on Seatle in 2016... I guess his value might depend on where he ends up.

Keep in mind that Baldwin is FA. There is a high probability that he is not on Seatle in 2016... I guess his value might depend on where he ends up.

Oh interesting, didnt know that. Theres a good chance hes elsewhere then after this seasons outburst. I see him as a classic "go somewhere else then do nothing" guy.

Oh interesting, didnt know that. Theres a good chance hes elsewhere then after this seasons outburst. I see him as a classic "go somewhere else then do nothing" guy.

Oh yeah. Baldwin needs an elite qb like Wilson to thrive.

Oh yeah. Baldwin needs an elite qb like Wilson to thrive.

I know Brees might be nearing the end of his run but Baldwin would make a good fit for the saints.

I know Brees might be nearing the end of his run but Baldwin would make a good fit for the saints.

Ywah i could see that. They do already have Cooks. It would be a nice tandum.