Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2016 Free Agency - Begins 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday

IF the Boys can sign Miller they'll take Ramsey @ 4 or maybe trade back. I don't see Zeke lasting till 22 when the Texans pick. A buddy said the early word is that Denver is targeting Henry.

Signing him would have huge draft implications, as well as filling a need for sure... I'm afraid if he doesn't sign here, the temptation to draft Elliot climbs dramatically... Which I've not been a fan of - but if he's truly the best value on the board at 4, and truly is the real deal - maybe I could be swayed to jump on board with.

They're off on the money, and you won't get him as he won't sign for less than $5 mill per I'd bet. You may get Forte for what you're willing to spend. But you won't be able to pound him 250 times. Good thing you still have McFragile.

IF the Boys can sign Miller they'll take Ramsey @ 4 or maybe trade back. I don't see Zeke lasting till 22 when the Texans pick. A buddy said the early word is that Denver is targeting Henry.

I'm actually very alarmed at that prospect.

They're off on the money, and you won't get him as he won't sign for less than $5 mill per I'd bet. You may get Forte for what you're willing to spend. But you won't be able to pound him 250 times. Good thing you still have McFragile.

The Miller money cap is not going to be the same as the Murray money cap.

Richie Incognito staying with the Bills. I don't particularly care for the guy given his meathead mantra, but I have to say that he played pretty well for them last year. Good news for that backfield if he can retain that level of play.

JPP decided to stay in New York with the Giants as well.

What does this offseason say about Tom Coughlin? Granted, they haven't had a winning record in the last three seasons, and missed the playoffs the last four, but it just seems like other coaches are being given such a longer leash with worse results and worse relationships with their players.

Maybe the fear of losing McAdoo was enough to spur the change?

Also..Rapoport dropped this: Jacksonville is signing Malik Jackson for 6 years, $90 million.

Dallas radio is saying the Texas have upped their offer to Miller - somewhere around $6.5m a year, $42m total... Not sure what the guaranteed - maybe something like Demarco's deal, $20 something mil promised.

Signing him would have huge draft implications, as well as filling a need for sure... I'm afraid if he doesn't sign here, the temptation to draft Elliot climbs dramatically... Which I've not been a fan of - but if he's truly the best value on the board at 4, and truly is the real deal - maybe I could be swayed to jump on board with.

If you think Elliot is worth anywhere near the #4 pick you are putting way too much stock in him. He isnt anywhere near Gurley talent wise. Dallas needs a qb. If they balk at drafting a qb they are doing their team and fans a huge disservice. Romo is getting really old and really hurt. They need someone to be the future so they dont drag out a rebuild if Romo has to retire or is hurt yet again. They have oline, receivers, dbs, dline and some solid linebackers. In todays NFL running backs are not worth 4 overall unless they are some type of freak.

Dallas radio is saying the Texas have upped their offer to Miller - somewhere around $6.5m a year, $42m total... Not sure what the guaranteed - maybe something like Demarco's deal, $20 something mil promised.

Wow this is insane too. Does nobody learn when it comes to running backs?

That much money is a personal affront to the team and their fans, who are of the belief that any CFL retread can fall off the bus and rush for 1,000 yards behind that line.

I'm only half joking.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I can't imagine everyone is playing by the rule during this "legal tampering" period. ProFootballTalk story.

I don't think the Ravens and Ben Watson are allowed to "agree to a contract in principle" as I've seen reported in a number of places. Free agency doesn't formally start until 4 pm ET tomorrow but it feels like it's already begun.

If you think Elliot is worth anywhere near the #4 pick you are putting way too much stock in him. He isnt anywhere near Gurley talent wise.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of... I'm leery of taking backs that high anyways, but I'm I'm even more scared of taking a back just for the sake of filling a need... I'd just assume move down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd than do that... In a perfect world Wentz or Ramsey will be there - but they could very easily not be.

Ken Norton Jr. is going to have a BAAAAAAAAD unit next year. Bruce Irvin goin to the Silver & Black

The Raiders are (+320) to win the AFC West. I might have to go to the cash machine...

Ken Norton Jr. is going to have a BAAAAAAAAD unit next year. Bruce Irvin goin to the Silver & Black

The Raiders are (+320) to win the AFC West. I might have to go to the cash machine...

I like Ken, and good luck to the raiders. But no tears come from me on this loss. Good riddance.

I like Ken, and good luck to the raiders. But no tears come from me on this loss. Good riddance.

Yeah Bruce wasnt all that consistent before he got paid. I dont expect him to get any better

Yeah Bruce wasnt all that consistent before he got paid. I dont expect him to get any better

Plus the guy was a punk. He's far from good enough to be that way. I hated him.

Not to many people like guys like Sherman or a Lynch. But they do alot outside of football, plus they're stud players. And they're my players, so I let stupid stuff slide.

Irvin doesn't fall into that category. At least not with me.

I'm just curious to hear the numbers he got. I had heard he wasn't taking less than 6.5 mil a year.

I bet people will think it is a good thing for Lewis if Powell goes to New England?

RBs fantasy value taking a hit.... unless you are DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews?

I just read Travis Benjamin to chargers is a done deal.

I bet people will think it is a good thing for Lewis if Powell goes to New England?

RBs fantasy value taking a hit.... unless you are DeMarco Murray and Ryan Matthews?

I might be the last guy on the planet, who is still part of Ryan Mathews fan club.

Hold onto your butts folks: Ladarius Green expected to sign with the Steelers per Schefter

Miller hasnt done much and for good reason. Brown, Bryant Bell and Wheaton? #4/5 in the pecking order isnt that great.

Heath Miller over the last four seasons had 101, 79, 91, and 81 targets respectively. (352)

Antonio Gates has had 80, 114, 98, and 85 targets respectively. (377)

The talk surrounding Green has long been: What if he got the same opportunities as Gates?

Watch Fleener end up in S.D. now. ( just a guess )

Watch Fleener end up in S.D. now. ( just a guess )

Fleener would make more sense for the Jets, a more athletic TE to operate in Gailey's spread offense.

As for Green in Pittsburgh, Miller was always Ben's security blanket, always in the right place, and the safety valve when a play would break down, which led to a lot of his receptions, but not the primary target on most routes. I don't know if Green can come in right away and fill that same type of role. May take a while for Ben to gain his trust, so I don't know if Green becomes a 60-70 reception kind of guy in year one, but with his big frame and athleticism, I could envision much more use around the goal line than Miller ever got.

Who ends up in Nawlins? Bennett? Fleener? Cook?

Bennett in N.O. would be fantasy gold.

PLEASE let my Falcons land a WR2 and TE1 here !?!?!?!?!?!

WR2 = Rishard Matthews or Sanu ?

TE1 = Fleener or M.Bennett ???

PLEASE let my Falcons land a WR2 and TE1 here !?!?!?!?!?!

WR2 = Rishard Matthews or Sanu ?

TE1 = Fleener or M.Bennett ???

I hope matthews doesnt go to atlanta. Ryan only makes one receiver relevant per game

I hope matthews doesnt go to atlanta. Ryan only makes one receiver relevant per game

I wouldn't agree there.

Julio is always relevant no matter what ... that's a given ... and he had 203 targets

Roddy, Hankerson, Hardy and N.Williams split around 176 targets ... so a GOOD WR2 could do wonders with about 100-120 of those

Tamme had 81 targets as TE1 but a GOOD TE1 could produce a lot more with those

I'm thinking that adding quality at both TE1 and WR2 could help EVERYONE in that offense ... plus add some WINS too

Maybe i'm wrong

I wouldn't agree there.

Julio is always relevant no matter what ... that's a given ... and he had 203 targets

Roddy, Hankerson, Hardy and N.Williams split around 176 targets ... so a GOOD WR2 could do wonders with about 100-120 of those

Tamme had 81 targets as TE1 but a GOOD TE1 could produce a lot more with those

I'm thinking that adding quality at both TE1 and WR2 could help EVERYONE in that offense ... plus add some WINS too

Maybe i'm wrong

If he sees 100 targets and catches 70% thats 70 catched. I want more from a receiver in fantasy. That would be some seriously spotty production. For your home team it would be good, for his fantasy value it wouldnt be anything special

Olivier Vernon just won free agency. 5 yrs/$85 mil to the Giants.

Olivier Vernon just won free agency. 5 yrs/$85 mil to the Giants.

:shocking:

Not free agency, but the Patriots traded Chandler Jones to the Arizona Cardinals for Jonathan Cooper (Guard) and a 2nd round pick.

I wonder how much of this is based on Jones being a FA next season and the market for DL is increasingly costing more, particularly after Malik Jackson and Olivier Vernon's monster contracts. Plus, next year there are some studs on the d-line that are going to get paid

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/15/patriots-trade-chandler-jones-to-cardinals/

Patriots are going to have to pay on the defensive side of the ball next year. Can't keep everyone, so get something for the talented but injury prone head case. I think its a good move for them.

Then sign Long as a cheap replacement.

The Philadelphia Eagles have signed Reuben Randle to a one year deal. Not too shabby of a WR corps. At least a whole lot better than the Chiefs worked with last year for Pederson