Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Matt Jones

I know all reports are he's good to go for week 1 but I also hear that these AC sprains are not good for a big bruiser like he is and that the injury may linger or be easily reaggravated. I'm really liking this Rob Kelley guy.... Any homer info?

I know all reports are he's good to go for week 1 but I also hear that these AC sprains are not good for a big bruiser like he is and that the injury may linger or be easily reaggravated. I'm really liking this Rob Kelley guy.... Any homer info?

Kelley's athleticism is a serious question to me. I will just pass since I believe I can get higher upside guys. If he is getting 20 carries a game he has value, just think the Skins would sign someone if it came down to that. Or use it against the Jones owner.

I don't trust him as a Rb2.

I would take him as Rb3 or lower.

Tulane grad. Not fast. More of a banger. Pretty sure he was an UDFA. I see no upside. Reminds me of a bad Zac Stacy.

Something tells me that Rob Kelley will be the Week 1 starter for WAS. Everyone from Cousins to Gruden have praised the kid for his hard work and most importantly for his pass protection. They're not exactly tied to Matt Jones and I'm not sure he'll be ready for Week 1. Mack Brown also looked very good last night but I think Kelley would get the nod because the coach and QB feel comfortable with his pass protection. I think for sure he's a must add right now, even if it's just a stash until the situation becomes clearer. Drop your K if you don't feel like dropping a skill player for him. If he starts Week 1 and plays well maybe he takes over the job and you've suddenly got a starting RB on your hands. Crazier things have happened. Maybe he can be the new age Alf Morris come out of nowhere guy?

Something tells me that Rob Kelley will be the Week 1 starter for WAS. Everyone from Cousins to Gruden have praised the kid for his hard work and most importantly for his pass protection. They're not exactly tied to Matt Jones and I'm not sure he'll be ready for Week 1. Mack Brown also looked very good last night but I think Kelley would get the nod because the coach and QB feel comfortable with his pass protection. I think for sure he's a must add right now, even if it's just a stash until the situation becomes clearer. Drop your K if you don't feel like dropping a skill player for him. If he starts Week 1 and plays well maybe he takes over the job and you've suddenly got a starting RB on your hands. Crazier things have happened. Maybe he can be the new age Alf Morris come out of nowhere guy?

If Jones was in any danger of missing week one or being real limited they wouldn't have give Kelly a ton of work like they did yesterday. They'd need him. Clearly they don't.

Mack Brown has looked good all pre season. I know nothing about him. I think he was a practice squad player last year.

Opening day will be Jones and Chris Thompson.

I think Jones will start the season as the starter and then it's hard to say.

Matt Jones is overrated. Fumbles will kill him too.

Kelley does not have anything in his resume that makes me go wow, however, he seems to work hard.

What you just said about Kelley is exactly why Jones will start the season as the starter.

M. Jones could also wind up being a top 10 RB. WASH offense is going to put up some serious points this season. You've got a few skill position players on that team who are going to be playing their arses off for contracts. If M. Jones stays healthy (and holds onto the damn ball), he is in a position to do some damage. He could be a real PPR stud.

M. Jones could also wind up being a top 10 RB. WASH offense is going to put up some serious points this season. You've got a few skill position players on that team who are going to be playing their arses off for contracts. If M. Jones stays healthy (and holds onto the damn ball), he is in a position to do some damage. He could be a real PPR stud.

Matt Jones is one of the worst starting rbs in the league at catching a football

Not sure why he would be extra juicy in ppr

To make things worse... washington plays monday night week 1. So it looks like i'm gonna have to burn a roster spot for rob kelley going into the season just in case that jones is a last minute scratch.

I'll take 3 or 4 receptions from my RB every time! If you look at the box scores from last years games, Jones was involved in the passing game. One game he had 3-131-1td. If he is the starting RB I would expect Cousins to find him on a few dump offs each game. Jones will definitely be in the mix for receptions in that offense.

I'll take 3 or 4 receptions from my RB every time! If you look at the box scores from last years games, Jones was involved in the passing game. One game he had 3-131-1td. If he is the starting RB I would expect Cousins to find him on a few dump offs each game. Jones will definitely be in the mix for receptions in that offense.

He'll get some but Chris Thompson is the third down back

Do people draft this guy as a starter? I wouldn't, but I would to have him on my bench to start the season.

I'm not even sure what his injury update is .

Right now I see him as a Rb3 going into week one , only because I'm not su.re about his ability to stay on the field .

If he is the starter he should be a good Rb2 , but I would use him with caution.