Sign in to follow this  
oppie00

Need to pick up TE, who to drop? Kenneth Dixon, Tyler Eifert, Matt Ryan (have Brady)

So I'm 5-0 in a 12 team, 0.25 PPR league, but the injury bug and Bye week combo hit me hard. With Jordan Reed and Theo Riddick now being ruled out, I'm left with some decent size holes at my TE and W/R/T positions. I'm just going plug Duke Johnson in the flex and then need to address my TE.

Charles Clay seems like my best option, but unfortunately means I have to drop someone from the roster in order to do so. My best options unfortunately seem to be Kenneth Dixon, Tyler Eifert, Theo Riddick or Matt Ryan. Any direction or advice is desperately appreciated.

QB(1): Tom Brady, Matt Ryan

RB(2): Leveon Bell, Devonta Freeman, Duke Johnson, Kenneth Dixon, Theo Riddick (out)

WR(2): Antonio Brown, Sterling Sheppard, Cameron Meredith, Stefan Diggs (Bye), Donte Moncrief (Out)

TE (1): Jordan Reed (out), Tyler Eifert (out)

W/R/T(1)

W/R(1)

K(1): Mason Crosby

Def (1): LA Rams

Anyone you drop is getting picked up. You have 2 choices: Drop someone you know will be gone for a one week play, or bite the bullet and roll without for one week and see where Eifert is at Next week. 5-0 allows you a little leeway.

Not that this is the right thread for help, but you don't drop Ryan. He'll get you some fantastic trade value if you don't want to carry him further. If you drop him to the wire whoever has the top priority will be getting a nice little gift from you.

Dixon's the drop, hands down.

Do not drop good qbs. Ever.

Eifert is in a cycle of Eifertizing rosters all over the place. I dropped him in a league where I think I can get him back later if I even want to be bothered with his injury shenanigans.

Clay has been okay even though his name looks lame in your lineup and he doesn't seem to have a td or two coming.

The deities of fantasy are opposed to hubris-based and/or voluntary eating of zeroes. Make a move. Drop Eifert for a tight end. It's not like reed is lock to be back any time soon.

Drop Eifert. In a 12 team league, Dixon is more valuable on your bench, IMO, than Eifert. I think Eifert still will be out several weeks and eased back in.

You bite it and roll without a TE this week. If you go 5-1 big deal. A TE is a crapshoot anyways and it isn't going to normally be the deciding factor between a W or L.

Thanks for all of the advice. Right now I'm projected slightly ahead of the other guy even without Reed so may roll the dice without a TE as Clay was only project 6 points. At the end of the weekend, I should get some better clarity on Dixon's value and then can evaluate.

I doubt I'll be able to get Eifert back if I drop him because I have 3 homer Bengals fans in my league who have waiver priority over me right now. I drafted him late as a steal so being a bit stubborn about him as I've stuck with him this long.

It's a risk not playing a TE, but at 5-0 and in 1st, worth the risk over dropping someone that can help me long-term I guess.

Don't anger the deities! Sprinkle salt over your shoulder. Eat some vitamins! Give someone in your league legit and good advice. Don't let the fantasy powers that be feast their eyes upon your hubris about your record or your projections! I'm gonna go bite a clove of garlic just being in this thread!

Drop Ryan, you don't need him.

Signed,

Your Leaguemates