Sign in to follow this  
TXScubaDiver

Starks, Rawls, or D Lewis ROS?

I'm set (knock on wood) with D Johnson, DeMarco, C Mike, and Ajayi, but looking to play keep away. Starks, Rawls and D Lewis look to be coming back soon, and several other teams are hurting at RB. Who would be the best to stash? I do have Brady as QB (Rivers this week though), so does that make any difference? Will help with any you post.

Lewis first for sure.

Then I'd say Rawls two because you have CMike. Locking down that team's RB1 has more value to you than Rawls may as a standalone for another team.

You need Derrick Henry though too as insurance over any of those 3 though.

• Like 1

Dion Lewis - from a Pats homer:

NE is currently doing VERY well with L Blount and J White at RB - Blount is the hammer, White is the pass catcher.

When Dion Lewis returns, IF HE REGAINS FORM AFTER THAT INJURY, he'll eat into James White's snaps more than Blount's - White and Lewis play more of a similar role.

In REAL football, this is great for NE - they love all three RBs and Dion proved to be better between the tackles than anyone expected last year.

In FANTASY football, it's a nightmare. All three RB are talented. All three could have big, multiple TD games... but you'll never know which one.

And while NE tries to change up their look frequently, they really favor the 2 TE sets with Gronk / Bennet - so there's even less chance that you'll see 2 of these RBs on the field together.

Dion, to me - is a boom / bust - huge ceiling and low floor - and that's IF he's healthy (and can stay healthy).

Pick him up if you have room and moves to spare, one Blount or White injury and his consistency will go up big, but don't put all your chips in on him, he's still a big unknown coming back in both health and usage terms.

• Like 1

Dion Lewis - from a Pats homer:

NE is currently doing VERY well with L Blount and J White at RB - Blount is the hammer, White is the pass catcher.

When Dion Lewis returns, IF HE REGAINS FORM AFTER THAT INJURY, he'll eat into James White's snaps more than Blount's - White and Lewis play more of a similar role.

In REAL football, this is great for NE - they love all three RBs and Dion proved to be better between the tackles than anyone expected last year.

In FANTASY football, it's a nightmare. All three RB are talented. All three could have big, multiple TD games... but you'll never know which one.

And while NE tries to change up their look frequently, they really favor the 2 TE sets with Gronk / Bennet - so there's even less chance that you'll see 2 of these RBs on the field together.

Dion, to me - is a boom / bust - huge ceiling and low floor - and that's IF he's healthy (and can stay healthy).

Pick him up if you have room and moves to spare, one Blount or White injury and his consistency will go up big, but don't put all your chips in on him, he's still a big unknown coming back in both health and usage terms.

let me bounce this question off of you then as a NE homer...didn't NE only roster 3 RBs during games last year, with the 3rd being Bolden for special teams purposes? Are they now talking about rostering all 4 of them?

Based on your current roster I would go with Lewis.

side note as well, have you thought about exploring a trade for CMike? This may be his last week of value as an RB1 with Prosise cutting into his time, and with Rawls coming back soon.

You might want to try to trade him for someone with a more secure future.

I packaged him this week with Jordy for Mike Evans

let me bounce this question off of you then as a NE homer...didn't NE only roster 3 RBs during games last year, with the 3rd being Bolden for special teams purposes? Are they now talking about rostering all 4 of them?

it's a great question - not sure - but there's some speculation that a sliver of the reasoning behind the Jamie Collins trade was was to make roster space for Dion Lewis.

Boldin is typically kept on b/c he plays special teams.

Blount is killing it for NE right now.

And White has been very good, gettig tons of praise from Brady.

Dion is set to return.

:dunno:

If there's a casualty there, I'd almost expect it to be Boldin - he had a crappy game a week or two ago (multiple mistakes).

From a scouting perspective what's the diff between Dion and J White? Just curious. They seem so similar IMO.

Dion is far more explosive and elusive... he's an ankle-breaker.

White has been in the system longer.

it's a great question - not sure - but there's some speculation that a sliver of the reasoning behind the Jamie Collins trade was was to make roster space for Dion Lewis.

Boldin is typically kept on b/c he plays special teams.

Blount is killing it for NE right now.

And White has been very good, gettig tons of praise from Brady.

Dion is set to return.

:dunno:

If there's a casualty there, I'd almost expect it to be Boldin - he had a crappy game a week or two ago (multiple mistakes).

should clarify that I meant on the Sunday active roster, not the actual 53 man roster. I expect all 4 to be still on the team, but just question whether all 4 would be active.

Great comparison Iversion and Lewis.

Good post.

should clarify that I meant on the Sunday active roster, not the actual 53 man roster. I expect all 4 to be still on the team, but just question whether all 4 would be active.

Pats are on a bye this Sunday, so not sure - and don't think we'll know for a while.

• Like 1

Well, this still is an interesting question. I don't value Starks as highly, especially with Packers signing Cmike.

Lewis, when he comes back, should resume his role from last year, which means everyone who owns James White is SOL.

Rawls is now in a RBBC which we still don't know how much. I'm thinking the team LOVES Prosise which means this may not be as sexy as so,e would like. Who gets the goal line carries is the question I have. I hope Wilson gets them all since I own him.

I'm actually kind of down on Lewis myself, I like Rawls of the 3. I just feel like for fantasy purposes Dion might not have a ton of value, maybe a week or 2. Now in the real NFL playoffs probably a different story. Too many RBs at the moment in NE, maybe I'm wrong and they really do decide to bench White cold turkey.

As I have mentioned in other GB RB threads, Seattle, Minnesota, Chicago week 14-16. Not saying Starks can't get a crap load of receiving yards against these teams, but something to think about as far as fantasy playoffs go. Rawls, Lewis, Starks IMHO.

I'm starting Lewis on one team this weekend.

Maybe not.

But then again it just might.

Lol will he's either going to score me some points or he's not.

It's pretty easy.

DION LEWIS UPDATE:

Lews was back yesterday and looked great in a limited / time-share role.

Vs. SF, he looked great both running and catching, he still had the "electric" look even after the injury.

The Bad News - Blount and James White also played and looked very good.... Blount looked GREAT.

So, NE now has 3 RBs and you won't know who to choose from until injury limits the RBBC.