Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

how many guns do you own?

Fair enough. But if one was worried about a confidential survey, I can't imagine why they'd participate in the first place.

Don't know. Maybe they called and said "we'd like to ask you some questions. Do you have 10 minutes?"

From there they didn't want to be rude and hang up.

:dunno:

Talking about how many guns you own is usually like talking about what your salary is with others having drinks after work.

It's just something you keep tight to the vest.

Many gun owners are worried about registration/confiscation because of all the new laws constantly being proposed.

The veracity of those fears, however, is not the point of this conversation.

I obviously cannot speak for any gun owner buy myself. But I know gun owners. I know the casual gun owner, and I know the hunting gun owner. I know the collector, and I know the 'gun nuts' who buy and sell guns all the time.

I'm somewhere in between. I don't visit gun shows all the time. I don't ever sell any of my guns. I even have guns I've never even fired. Not a single round.

I own some for hunting, though I honestly have no time for it. I have some for carrying daily, and some for home protection.

Some are for fun, some are for training and some are for just plain ###### around with.

I mostly own them because I like them. And even I won't admit how many I own to you or anyone else; just because I guess it's not polite to ask.

I guess I know a less paranoid brand of gun nut. because in general not only will they happily tell you how many they have, they'll run down the list for as long as you will sit there and listen. I've had one of our truck drivers do an hour dissertation in my office just on his Thompson Contender barrels.

5, 3 shotguns and 2 rifles. Much like skibum, they are not for defense. They are for hunting. They are locked in the basement.

Why is it impolite to ask how many guns a guy owns?

Is this part of some sorta gun nut code, or is it just a general none of you business type thing?

Is it also rude to ask a guy how many TVs or water bottles he owns?

Why is it impolite to ask how many guns a guy owns?

Is this part of some sorta gun nut code, or is it just a general none of you business type thing?

Is it also rude to ask a guy how many TVs or water bottles he owns?

As I said before, I can't speak for everyone.

For people you don't know, many gun people will not discuss their firearms or how many they have.

For one, they're highly sought after by thieves. Another, it's a private topic often because some people don't like guns, and I try not to 'go there' with others unless I know the type of person they are.

For some people, it's a paranoia thing.

American men, you know them, they just gotta be right. :rolleyes:

When it's left to me, often times, I'd rather not fight. :dunno:

They make a big deal out of everything, and they got too many guns. <_<

And just to make 'em mad, I'm gonna do it for fun. :bandana:

Never own more guns than you are willing to clean and service monthly.

Seeing a gun with dust or dirty workings is worse than seeing a flag in the mud.

Never own more guns than you are willing to clean and service monthly.

Seeing a gun with dust or dirty workings is worse than seeing a flag in the mud.

or

your schlong in some guy's rectum.