Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Crabtree & Talib Suspended 2 Games

Per Ian Rapoport...

NFL: Michael Crabtree of the Oakland Raiders and Aqib Talib of the Denver Broncos have been suspended without pay for two games each for violations of unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness rules in Sunday’s game between the Raiders and Broncos.

Seems justified given their childish behavior.

The fantansy impications are interesting given that Amari Cooper (concussion, ankle) could miss Week 13 as well. Seth Roberts and Cordarrelle Patterson could be viable options against the Giants.

I might have to pick one of them up, too. Hogan still hasn't come back, Crabtree suspended, Hilton is completely unstartable (especially against the Jags).

The fantansy impications are interesting given that Amari Cooper (concussion, ankle) could miss Week 13 as well. Seth Roberts and Cordarrelle Patterson could be viable options against the Giants.

First thing that came to mind since I use Crabtree in a flex. Even given that, those guys have been nuts against each other and need a cool off period. Hopefully their teams will handle that garbage from now on. Glad I have Robby Anderson as a fill in. Who could know about Patterson or Roberts?

Washington he could have a lot more targets m

I know there's a history between these two but this still seems a little harsh. Especially considering it happened at the beginning of the game which effectively makes this a 3 game suspension. If I recall, that was the reasoning for why Green didn't receive an additional game after his fight.

Any chance this gets reduced to one game?

They still got paid for the game in spite of the ejection.

Still, should only be one game for that tussle. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

Hockey allows fighting, other sports don't. How do players not know this or why do they do it knowing they could be suspended?

Green should have been suspended as well. It's against the rules. If someone wants a rule change that's one thing, but while there is no fighting then tough luck on those who fight.

I know there's a history between these two but this still seems a little harsh. Especially considering it happened at the beginning of the game which effectively makes this a 3 game suspension. If I recall, that was the reasoning for why Green didn't receive an additional game after his fight.

Any chance this gets reduced to one game?

what made this situation worse for them is that the exact same thing happened between the same two people last year.

I'd be surprised if the NFL backed down.

Yeah. I would be hard for the NFL to justify 2 games when Green got none.

Agree, there is no way they could give them two games, and not give Green a game.