Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Add Chris Hardwick to the #MeToo Victim List

But in time and time again, the civil suits get settled and the only people who lose money ultimately are the taxpayers.

America today ladies and Gents. Killing unarmed man on HD audio and video? No ramifications. No repercussions. Be a handsy date or a bad boyfriend? Well you're focked for life.

###### brilliant.

I never delved deeper into this case than the headlines so I can't co-sign it as a good juxtaposition for perspective sake, but #metoo is a cause du jour, a tool, for many. One of many that eclipse devastating injustices, which isn't to say there lacks any devastating injustices* under the #metoo umbrella. We actually probably don't hear about those. How things work.

*Domestically. Plenty of Middle East examples.

Side note: I am feeling a little micro-aggressed that you capitalized Gents but not ladies. Just saying. -_-

I never delved deeper into this case than the headlines so I can't co-sign it as a good juxtaposition for perspective sake, but #metoo is a cause du jour, a tool, for many. One of many that eclipse devastating injustices, which isn't to say there lacks any devastating injustices* under the #metoo umbrella. We actually probably don't hear about those. How things work.

*Domestically. Plenty of Middle East examples.

Side note: I am feeling a little micro-aggressed that you capitalized Gents but not ladies. -_-

For every BS #metoo relationship, there're likely many, many abusive relationships that go unreported. While the high profile nature of the cases can lead one to believe this is all about publicity and/or opportunism + greed, it certainly has brought attention to their cause.

For the non-celebrities/uber wealthy out there, I don't think there is much consequence. Anybody know anyone personally impacted by #metoo?

Hardwick exonerated by AMC - will be back next month to his regular hosting duties.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/chris-hardwick-returning-talking-dead-amc-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202433461/#comments

Finally some due diligence and justice. He needs to sue that ######.

Good to hear, hope this can start setting a new precedent.

There were a lot of comedians on their various podcast who were in hardwicks corner. But for fucksake, they should have done more than to each other in their own little closets.

Still, these days, it's good to see that there's at least a few victories left.