Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Khalil Mack to Chicago

For all you IDPers.

The Raiders and Bears have an agreement in place to trade pass-rusher Khalil Mack to Chicago, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The sides are still working on the deal, sources said.

I wonder if this impacts the Raiders O at all... does the D give up extra points thus giving a bump to Carr and WRs, potentially hurting Lynch? Is that way too much of a stretch for losing one key player on D?

Wow, that's huge. As a Viking fan i could live without seeing him in the NFC North. I'm just happy that he didn't go to Green Bay.

Wow, that's huge. As a Viking fan i could live without seeing him in the NFC North. I'm just happy that he didn't go to Green Bay.

You should have been rooting for the Packers to get him. Hes going to cost a fortune. I will be interested to see what the Bears gave up to get him.

You should have been rooting for the Packers to get him. Hes going to cost a fortune. I will be interested to see what the Bears gave up to get him.

At least 2 first rounders. But for such talent, you can only hope to get that in a first round pick once every few years. He's worth it.

At least 2 first rounders. But for such talent, you can only hope to get that in a first round pick once every few years. He's worth it.

Of course Mack is worth 2 1sts. But then you get the whammy of paying him like that.

But teams are trying to win on roomie QB contracts now which I get.

But 2 1st plus paying him is a haul. But yes hes a great player and person.

Their Def was worth picking up before also, now I have top 6 expectations as long as the O doesnt put them in bad spots all game long.

And I love the Bears in this trade, 2 1st round picks but they got a 2nd back in 2020. They also lost a 3rd and 6th I think I read. You get your 1st round pick a year early, with a few years of experience and an incredible track record instead of a rookie who is a bit of a crap shoot, especially how the bears draft. Yeah there is another 1st but getting that 2nd back could only be sliding down 20ish picks from say 1st round pick 20 to 2nd round pick 10ish. I do not think the Raiders are going to be any good moving forward and Im hoping the Bears win 9 games this year...tough to do but possible. Raiders playing 2 games each vs Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers. These are not elite teams but I see the Raiders as the worst of the bunch.

Of course Mack is worth 2 1sts. But then you get the whammy of paying him like that.

But teams are trying to win on roomie QB contracts now which I get.

But 2 1st plus paying him is a haul. But yes hes a great player and person.

My take is how many future HOF players do teams draft each year in the first round? On average, you can get 1 good player in the first round for every 2 drafts you make.

His physical skills are well known and above board in every area of the game.

As far as intangibles, Mack is a very good guy, a lead player that other players want to be a around, he is only 27 and a perfect age for a team to sign a big contract on him, he has never missed a game, never has drama or ever gets into trouble, etc., etc., etc.

This guy is a gift from the football gods to the Bears.

Their Def was worth picking up before also, now I have top 6 expectations as long as the O doesnt put them in bad spots all game long.

And I love the Bears in this trade, 2 1st round picks but they got a 2nd back in 2020. They also lost a 3rd and 6th I think I read. You get your 1st round pick a year early, with a few years of experience and an incredible track record instead of a rookie who is a bit of a crap shoot, especially how the bears draft. Yeah there is another 1st but getting that 2nd back could only be sliding down 20ish picks from say 1st round pick 20 to 2nd round pick 10ish. I do not think the Raiders are going to be any good moving forward and Im hoping the Bears win 9 games this year...tough to do but possible. Raiders playing 2 games each vs Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers. These are not elite teams but I see the Raiders as the worst of the bunch.

i tried explaining this to a couple of guys on another board who said 2 1sts for him was a steep price(this was before any deal was struck)...

people dont understand that you are really giving one FOR the player and one to get the player.....its not a crazy price for an ascending team who thinks that mack can push them over the top.....if a team thinks mack helps them pick in the bottom 1/3 of the draft its not steep....for a team like the packers or someone in that range it made total sense....and for the bears who already have the offense they want in place and a beast of a rookie ILB it makes alot of sense....

the bears feel this move pushes them into the 20s...maybe mid 20s as far as draft position....

from 2014-2017 only 3 guys picked in the 20-32 have made the pro bowl...not one has made an all pro team.....one of them is now a backup qb(bridgewater) and the other two are clinton-dix and jason verrett

i tried explaining this to a couple of guys on another board who said 2 1sts for him was a steep price(this was before any deal was struck)...

people dont understand that you are really giving one FOR the player and one to get the player.....its not a crazy price for an ascending team who thinks that mack can push them over the top.....if a team thinks mack helps them pick in the bottom 1/3 of the draft its not steep....for a team like the packers or someone in that range it made total sense....and for the bears who already have the offense they want in place and a beast of a rookie ILB it makes alot of sense....

the bears feel this move pushes them into the 20s...maybe mid 20s as far as draft position....

from 2014-2017 only 3 guys picked in the 20-32 have made the pro bowl...not one has made an all pro team.....one of them is now a backup qb(bridgewater) and the other two are clinton-dix and jason verrett

Two 1's for this is steep? I want to hear what 1st round drafts were made in the past 5 years of the league that equal this guy.

Two 1's for this is steep? I want to hear what 1st round drafts were made in the past 5 years of the league that equal this guy.

Especially first rounders drafted by the Bears... the Bears have only drafted 3 pro bowlers in the first round in the last 18 years... and one of them (Olsen) didn't make the pro bowl until he left town.

I like this move by chicago

I actually like the move for both teams. I don't think the raiders are/were going anywhere this year and the upcoming draft is stocked with defensive talent at the top. The price was costly especially what the Bears are paying Mack, but that defense could be deadly in the near future.

I would like to point out that mack has almost the same sack numbers as ziggy ansah. 1.6 sacks a game. Over 74 and 63 games so far.

oh i agree...thats why i argued that the price isnt very steep in reality.....i think some people are just fixated on the thought of "1st round pick"....so many 1st and 2nd round picks never really amount to much

im a pats lifelong fan/season ticket holder...when jimmy g got traded there were a bunch of people arguing about how the pats got hosed and didnt get enough....my stance was that the patriots got quality years of service out of him/insurance protection against brady...and then received pretty much equal value in trade for what they spent on him....i told people to take a look around the league...at the past 5 drafts and take a look at 2nd rounders.....how many of them never resign with the team that drafted them? and how many of them get traded for next to nothing?

the patriots have a couple of good examples right in front in them...kyle van noy was a 2nd rounder with the lions and was acquired for next to nothing...also the pats just traded jordan richards for a 7th rounder....all in all i think have jimmy around and gettng equal value in return for him at the last minute is a pretty good deal all in all

I would like to point out that mack has almost the same sack numbers as ziggy ansah. 1.6 sacks a game. Over 74 and 63 games so far.

A big difference with Mack is his overall effectiveness.

Mack 304 tackles

Ansah 207 tackles with more games played

We need to recognize that a player like Mack isn't just going after the QB, and leaving a giant hole where he should be. If he was that guy, his sack numbers would be even more prolific

A big difference with Mack is his overall effectiveness.

Mack 304 tackles

Ansah 207 tackles with more games played

We need to recognize that a player like Mack isn't just going after the QB, and leaving a giant hole where he should be. If he was that guy, his sack numbers would be even more prolific

Do you think the addition of Mack elevates the Bears D enough to affect their offense? Does an addition like this somehow translate to better numbers for Howard? Or is that too much of a crazy butterfly effect theory?

Do you think the addition of Mack elevates the Bears D enough to affect their offense? Does an addition like this somehow translate to better numbers for Howard? Or is that too much of a crazy butterfly effect theory?

I think it bodes well for the Bears offense altogether. More opportunities to score. I am kicking myself for not having the Bears D

I think it bodes well for the Bears offense altogether. More opportunities to score. I am kicking myself for not having the Bears D

I was thinking about it, but it is hard to stomach facing Rodgers, Stafford, and Cousins twice.

I just read a quote from Sean Peyton about Mack. When N.O. played against him, they would put in what they called a "Mack Protection".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/sean-payton-describes-how-hard-it-is-to-prepare-for-khalil-mack/ar-BBMPqMp

I love this. Get ready Green Bay.

One thing though, the Bears will have to change some defensive schemes now to accommodate Mack. And with the holdout of Smith, it may take a couple games to get that d-line and those backers feeling comfortable in their responsibilities.

I just read a quote from Sean Peyton about Mack. When N.O. played against him, they would put in what they called a "Mack Protection".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/sean-payton-describes-how-hard-it-is-to-prepare-for-khalil-mack/ar-BBMPqMp

I love this. Get ready Green Bay.

One thing though, the Bears will have to change some defensive schemes now to accommodate Mack. And with the holdout of Smith, it may take a couple games to get that d-line and those backers feeling comfortable in their responsibilities.

Oh yeah it will take time to gel. When it does though, that defense is going to be a top 5.

I went to UB. Before Mack got there. The James Starks years. But have watched Mack play live several times. I know just how good he is.

As a Packers fan I am a bit pissed off that the Bears of all teams ended up with him.

That said I still maintain that it is all about Mitchy. If he is a solid to good QB then they will have a chance to compete under his rookie contract. If he is below average to average then they will just be that 7-9 team with a good defense for years.