Sign in to follow this  
astros3434

In a 6point/td for QB league......

Im joining a 6 point/td for QB league with 25 yards/point. I usually wait VERY late to get my QB, but with this scoring system I think QBs will be more valuable. Anyone play with this, and if so, how early do I need to draft a top flight QB?

Im joining a 6 point/td for QB league with 25 yards/point. I usually wait VERY late to get my QB, but with this scoring system I think QBs will be more valuable. Anyone play with this, and if so, how early do I need to draft a top flight QB?

This is such a terribly written post. What are the other scoring requirements for the other positions? non ppr and ppr make a big difference here.

Without knowing important info, my two cents for this year is to wait on a QB still, but don't wait too long. Jared Goff and Jimmy G are both guys who could easily end up in the top 5 this year, especially Jimmy. I see a lot of completions in his future. This is definitely a heavy QB scoring league, and most years in this format I would probably advocate Rodgers in the 2nd if no one else has drafted him yet. There will always be some super value QB that was drafted after the first 10 who helps some team out a lot, but when QBs have this valuable of scoring, especially if it isn't ppr, then drafting the sure thing in Rodgers early is the best strategy imo.

My league is 6pt/td, but being auction, all I can tell you is some people do, some people don't. About half the league reaches deep in their pockets for the top guns while everyone else reserves their money for the other skill positions and goes with the value spends in the second/third tier.

Looking back over my seasons where I've won... the three that I have were with top flight QBs and big spends thereon. The ones that I either missed the playoffs entirely or flamed out early in the playoffs I went for "the value pick" at QB. There is not necessarily a correlation, and if there is, it is weak at best. But after getting burned last year by Mariota/Rivers combo, I was spending on Rogers and I did. We'll see what happens.

Its generally accepted that it doesnt move the needle that much and you should only adjust rankings slightly if at all.

Pretty much all of my leagues are 6 pt passing TDs, I don't see why it would be four, no 4 pt TDs in real football but many leagues go that way

I would say maybe move up your QB picks a round or something like that but nothing drastic. It's kind of how it usually plays out in my drafts.

Pretty much all of my leagues are 6 pt passing TDs, I don't see why it would be four, no 4 pt TDs in real football but many leagues go that way

I would say maybe move up your QB picks a round or something like that but nothing drastic. It's kind of how it usually plays out in my drafts.

Might as well start onlinemen if we are aiming for realistic

• Like 1

Might as well start onlinemen if we are aiming for realistic

There's something for you to work on!

I don't see why it would be four, no 4 pt TDs in real football.

This is one of the most irresponsible statements Ive ever read on this board.

This is one of the most irresponsible statements Ive ever read on this board.

Irresponsible, lol

Okay Mom!!!

All I was saying is I don't understand why they are 4 in some leagues, pretty harmless statement

Irresponsible, lol

Okay Mom!!!

You are comparing fantasy football to real football... Go back to your Step-Dads basement, call off work tomorrow... (assuming you have a part-time job at Subway), and put in some real work so that you win 1st prize money of around whatever your dead-beat friends pay, $120. Youll need the cash, you have no future.

You are comparing fantasy football to real football... Go back to your Step-Dads basement, call off work tomorrow... (assuming you have a part-time job at Subway), and put in some real work so that you win 1st prize money of around whatever your dead-beat friends pay, $120. Youll need the cash, you have no future.

:D

I'm sorry you have such a sad life to where you have to get so worked up on a fantasy football site over nothing, perhaps a therapist may help?

:D

I'm sorry you have such a sad life to where you have to get so worked up on a fantasy football site over nothing, perhaps a therapist may help?

Life is good- I have a great job, bang sloppy broads like your mom, and win fantasy football championships from time to time.

I think 6pt passing TD are for the novice/retarded, but play within your means. If you need any help, Ill always be there for you in the next bedroom over. Muah!

I’ve never been in a league that gives 6 points for passing tds.

After reading what you said I did some looking up, and giving 6 points for passing tds sure does rise the value of qbs that pass for more passing tds over those that get a lot of rushing yards.

I think it’s a good ideal. M

Thanks.

I play in one of each. In the 6pt league, I value the top 5-6 QBs a full round or 2 above adp. We also have bonuses for everything in that league, so I'm also looking for deep threat wr's and fast rb's. This year I'm targeting Mahomes in the 8-10th rd area. Probably backing him up with old man rivers.

To each their own... but in my opinion, the guy who crosses the goal line be awarded more points than the guy who threw it to him.

Life is good- I have a great job, bang sloppy broads like your mom, and win fantasy football championships from time to time.

I think 6pt passing TD are for the novice/retarded, but play within your means. If you need any help, Ill always be there for you in the next bedroom over. Muah!

I see they have you on some strong meds and it's causing hallucinations,

My condolences...

QBs are serious value in 6pt per passing TD league. They will be the top scorers. With that said, the variation between top scorers - mid scorers - low scorers mate be a lot less than other positions. So still look for top RB and WR first, and when you have filled those slots, give thought to QB versus RB2, WR2, Gronk etc.

I usually sort my QBs into tiers, and grab some one at the bottom of the top or bottom of the second tier. When that has failed, I usually suck for the year ... with the exception of Alex Smith last year.

QBs are serious value in 6pt per passing TD league. They will be the top scorers. With that said, the variation between top scorers - mid scorers - low scorers mate be a lot less than other positions. So still look for top RB and WR first, and when you have filled those slots, give thought to QB versus RB2, WR2, Gronk etc.

I usually sort my QBs into tiers, and grab some one at the bottom of the top or bottom of the second tier. When that has failed, I usually suck for the year ... with the exception of Alex Smith last year.

Yeah, it evens out the main positions a little bit instead of just focusing on the individual players. Since you only start one QB and they are the most important position, it makes sense they would be the highest scorers.

That said people often overdraft them and it costs them. It really only plays out so much when a QB has a super year like Brady in 2007 or Peyton in 2013.