Sign in to follow this  
Richard3312

FAAB J. Conner

14 team league, I have K. Drake, J. howard, R. Penny, M. Mack, and C. Clement. How much of my $100 limit should I spend on Conner? I currently have a claim for $15

14 team league, I have K. Drake, J. howard, R. Penny, M. Mack, and C. Clement. How much of my $100 limit should I spend on Conner? I currently have a claim for $15

I would put it at 31 at least.

I could be wrong but I don't think he was being serious. hth

I was being serious. I think wagering 30% of his budget on a possible RB1 is worth the risk.

I was being serious. I think wagering 30% of his budget on a possible RB1 is worth the risk.

I'll disagree. He's unproven and who knows if he'll be more than a one week starter. Too many ????'s It's a long season to be spending that much this early on an unknown but.....

....you never know.

I'll disagree. He's unproven and who knows if he'll be more than a one week starter. Too many ????'s It's a long season to be spending that much this early on an unknown but.....

....you never know.

14 team league. Isn't everyone on the ww pretty much an unknown? If he doesn't pull the trigger someone else will. It's a gamble, but every WW acquisition is a gamble pretty much. As far as odds to produce, it doesn't get much better than this. Conner as a starter off the WW is HUGE in a 14 team league. I bet the Bell owner would be shitting himself if he doesn't get Conner. Should be able to use him or trade him if he has a few good weeks.

• Like 1

14 team league. Isn't everyone on the ww pretty much an unknown? If he doesn't pull the trigger someone else will. It's a gamble, but every WW acquisition is a gamble pretty much. As far as odds to produce, it doesn't get much better than this. Conner as a starter off the WW is HUGE in a 14 team league. I bet the Bell owner would be shitting himself if he doesn't get Conner. Should be able to use him or trade him if he has a few good weeks.

It would be different if the starter had an injury and was projected to be out for a significant amount of time. We're talking about L Bell holding out. He could be back next week for all we know. 30+% would be past my comfort zone when the season hasn't even started. You make a decent case, though, it's just not what I would do.

Ian Rapaport is saying that he is reporting Saturday so...

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflgameday/status/1037812210754453504?s=21

Not sayin that means he'll be there, but he could be a one week play and then a handcuff

That link didn't go anywhere and when I checked Ian Rapaport twitter all he said was if he shows Saturday he still gets his game check, so unless I missed it nothing different yet.

That link didn't go anywhere and when I checked Ian Rapaport twitter all he said was if he shows Saturday he still gets his game check, so unless I missed it nothing different yet.

Took me a twitter link that has a video. On the bottom of the video it says Le'veon Bell expected to report Saturday. That is all I saw, don't know if it is true, don't know if it will happen, I'm just saying if it does happen and people went all in on Conner they may be disappointed.

The way I saw it phrased was that Rap reported that the Steeler's "guess" is that Bell will report Saturday.

With Rap's batting average on this topic, I shrugged the blurb off as a non-event.

A mid to late round pick for Conner, or taking your #1 waiver priority? Yeah, sure.

I'm hearing that people are trading Conner for Kelce. That's crazy.

You want to blow 50% of your FAAB $ on a player that could end up being a backup or handcuff, that's on you. I don't know if Rapaport has inside info, if he's off the mark, or he's pulling crap out of his behind.

Waiting patiently for my new bff seafoam to respond :wub:

I put in for conner at $15 and got him. Quite a few put in for him but everyone bid $0. I dont mind spending $15 on him either way, I needed another rb and it won't be often in a 14 team league that someone will become relevant that's not already rostered. I have a feeling a lot of these guys will end up not spending most of their faab money when the year comes to a close.

Definitely with those RB's you should be bidding up to 50% of your stack. If you nail him you're set...and if you miss, isn't it worth the risk?

30$ atleast.

• Like 1

I think people are going to be very disappointed in the return that Conner yields. I think his ceiling is a low RB2 / high RB3.

I think people are going to be very disappointed in the return that Conner yields. I think his ceiling is a low RB2 / high RB3.

You are probably right. These types of situations don't seem to work out. It all feels too perfect. Bell is going to be back eventually.