Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Voter ID suppresses minorities from voting?

Most so called educated voters are just pulling the lever for their side anyway. I know several people who watch hours of news and political coverage, then get in the booth and vote down the line for their party.

Says this 2 years after an election was turned by people switching their vote. Why do you bother with politics? It's obvious you don't know what's going on.

Pen you are just playing devils advocate right? You dont actually think its a good idea to not have to show ID when you vote right?

Honestly, I don’t have a strong opinion. I think IDs should be cheap and readily accessible, but that isn’t always the case.

So I’ll stick with the idea that voter disenfranchisement is a bigger problem than fraulent voting because of lax ID requirements.

Most so called educated voters are just pulling the lever for their side anyway. I know several people who watch hours of news and political coverage, then get in the booth and vote down the line for their party.

This x 1000.

This x 1000.

Again, oblivious to what happened in 2016. I assume you're also not aware of what a Reagan democrat was back in 1980/84. Stick around, you may learn a thing or two. Or just stick to your well ingrained thought process that leaves you blind to what happens sometimes in politics.

Again, oblivious to what happened in 2016. I assume you're also not aware of what a Reagan democrat was back in 1980/84. Stick around, you may learn a thing or two. Or just stick to your well ingrained thought process that leaves you blind to what happens sometimes in politics.

So you think most voters are well informed vs. voting strictly on a single issue or party lines?

So you think most voters are well informed vs. voting strictly on a single issue or party lines?

Of course not. But enough people switching can, and have flipped elections. Happens all the time. Your "this x 1000" reply shows you don't recognize this. "Most" isn't really saying anything and leaves you intellectually uncurious has to the how and why and leads you to believe it's all about racism and sexism like you have been told, . , when the facts refute that notion. X 1000

Of course not. But enough people switching can, and have flipped elections. Happens all the time. Your "this x 1000" reply shows you don't recognize this. "Most" isn't really saying anything and leaves you intellectually uncurious has to the how and why and leads you to believe it's all about racism and sexism like you have been told, . , when the facts refute that notion. X 1000

I'm not sure what your point is...I'm not blaming Trump's victory on any of those -isms.

This is what i am talking about, speaking truths, whether they support your personal bias or not, is not flipping. You inclination to assign my posts to one side or the other is evidence that your bias pulls you in one direction. You cherry pick posts that support your bias, conveniently ignoring the many posts where I hold both ideologies accountable. It might feel good in the short term, to implement confirmation bias, but long term is a losing proposition. Holding individuals, and groups behaviors, accountable is what we need to be doing.

So again, until we can at least admit that all politicians are both capable of, and actively participating, in many of the issues we have with them, its just throwing mud.

So let me work this out, you aren't biased because you say you aren't biased, and the only reason I see your posts as biased is because of my bias confirming the bias in your posts.

Well, that's just airtight. :lol:

So let me work this out, you aren't biased because you say you aren't biased, and the only reason I see your posts as biased is because of my bias confirming the bias in your posts.

Well, that's just airtight. :lol:

Simply accusing me of bias when time and again I am simply pointing out the failure on both sides is either an indication of active or cognitive dissonance, so you are either ignorant or a liar.

Simply accusing me of bias when time and again I am simply pointing out the failure on both sides is either an indication of active or cognitive dissonance, so you are either ignorant or a liar.

I vote ignorant

When you make statements "that one side is not worse or better than the other." in cases of gerrymandering; or comparing Dems to pushing for separate ballots for issues to ADMITTED concerted efforts of the GOP to disenfranchise people as both parties impeding votes as if that is equal, in addition to all of your other remarks regarding the Dems you have made on this board, is clear evidence of your bias.

I also look forward to the time and time again of you pointing out the failures of the conservative party.

WTF does active or cognitive dissonance mean? Is there such a thing as active dissonance?

When you make statements "that one side is not worse or better than the other." in cases of gerrymandering; or comparing Dems to pushing for separate ballots for issues to ADMITTED concerted efforts of the GOP to disenfranchise people as both parties impeding votes as if that is equal, in addition to all of your other remarks regarding the Dems you have made on this board, is clear evidence of your bias.

I also look forward to the time and time again of you pointing out the failures of the conservative party.

You asked for an example, I provided just one of many available, even though I am under no obligation to do so. Then you appear to want to attack the example, not on its merits, but because you have decided it simply unworthy. You ignore that I have time and again gone after both liberal and conservative for their respective failures, and pretend that I only go after liberals. So again, either ignorant, or a liar.

WTF does active or cognitive dissonance mean? Is there such a thing as active dissonance?

Think of active as another way to describe simply lying.

Think of active as another way to describe simply lying.

:doh:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/26/san-francisco-cities-allow-illegal-immigrants-vote/

Other Democrats went further, accusing the GOP of unveiled racism in decrying illegal immigrant voting.

Sound familiar?

https://www.lifezette.com/2018/10/ga-gov-candidate-cheers-illegals-voting-in-democrats-blue-wave/

“The thing of it is, the blue wave is African-American. It is white. It is Latino. It is Asian-Pacific Islander,” Abrams (pictured above right) told campaign workers last week during an event featuring Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).
“It is made up of those who’ve been told that they are not worthy of being here. It is comprised of those who are documented and undocumented,” she said.

Democrats against Voter ID laws because it stops or impedes illegal cast votes from being counted. Whether it's someone using a dead person's name, voting in different states, illegal aliens, etc..........they're already on the ropes BEFORE we take away those illegal votes.

Step One: A person must present a valid photo ID to vote.

Step Two: If a person does not have a current valid ID, they can get one for FREE (voter ID card).

No excuses....its free.

This thread should be one page.

Step One: A person must present a valid photo ID to vote.

Step Two: If a person does not have a current valid ID, they can get one for FREE (voter ID card).

No excuses....its free.

This thread should be one page.

If Step Two reflected reality, sure. But until it does, maybe we should err on the side of eliminating barriers to voting?

If Step Two reflected reality, sure. But until it does, maybe we should err on the side of eliminating barriers to voting?

Well photo ID is a pretty new thing.....and most states offer free voter ID cards. So we're trending in the right direction.

I will agree that if a state or Federal law demands a photo ID to vote and a person doesn't have one they MUST provide one for free as you can't have a monetary barrier to vote. Agreed.

Once of my most favorite scenes in a movie :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

Well photo ID is a pretty new thing.....and most states offer free voter ID cards. So we're trending in the right direction.

I will agree that if a state or Federal law demands a photo ID to vote and a person doesn't have one they MUST provide one for free as you can't have a monetary barrier to vote. Agreed.

Since you guys seem to be advocating photo ID, I don't think that many states require it. What do you think about non-photo ID? http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx#Laws%20in%20Effect

Good point. I'm sure I have no reason to be concerned that an individual who would knowingly break the law to buy beer might do the same to vote when they shouldn't be able to.

No, I'm talking about a 30 year old person with no ID giving their money to another 30 year old person with valid photo ID to buy beer.

But good effort.