Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Voter ID suppresses minorities from voting?

To drive home the point about the GOP's actions to disenfranchise left-leaning voters, read a little about the ridiculous "exact-match" registration protocols taking place in Georgia.

There is an obvious push from the right to reduce Democratic votes.

Huh, explain why producing identification is harder for a black person than a white person.

Huh, explain why producing identification is harder for a black person than a white person.

It's more a discussion about how it's harder for low-income people to obtain valid photo ID, but since minorities (which includes black people) are proportionally lower-income, you can extrapolate it to say 'blacks find it harder to produce ID'.

It's an income thing first and foremost.

It's more a discussion about how it's harder for low-income people to obtain valid photo ID, but since minorities (which includes black people) are proportionally lower-income, you can extrapolate it to say 'blacks find it harder to produce ID'.

Yet, they find ID to collect government benefits, medical treatment, and drivers license. Income is a lame excuse to not have any form of ID.

Yet, they find ID to collect government benefits, medical treatment, and drivers license. Income is a lame excuse to not have any form of ID.

This was already discussed.

Don't low income people have Obamacare?

I wonder if any of these poor people buy booze, cigarettes, lottery tickets, etc.

Nah. No ID today. I just want to hit up the liquor store for a 40 and a pack of menthols.

Don't low income people have Obamacare?

Sh1t tons of people have Obamacare. I don't know the ven diagram of Obamacare subscribers to low-income people that would find it difficult to obtain a valid voter ID off the top of my head.

I'm going to venture a guess though that you plan to follow this up with "YOU NEED [insert form of ID] TO GET OBAMACARE THOUGH BOOM PWNED!"

Am I close?

Sh1t tons of people have Obamacare. I don't know the ven diagram of Obamacare subscribers to low-income people that would find it difficult to obtain a valid voter ID off the top of my head.

I'm going to venture a guess though that you plan to follow this up with "YOU NEED [insert form of ID] TO GET OBAMACARE THOUGH BOOM PWNED!"

Am I close?

Well, you do need ID for medical care/health insurance. It won't work without it. And seeing as millions of low income people have insurance now, I don't see the problem with showing an ID that they already possess.

I wonder if any of these poor people buy booze, cigarettes, lottery tickets, etc.

Nah. No ID today. I just want to hit up the liquor store for a 40 and a pack of menthols.

Ok this thread is pretty much stupid but this is the stupidest post out of all of them.

I could buy cigs, beer and lottery tickets right now and not get carded. Cant remember the last time I was carded. So quit with that empty argument. Its dumb

So let's just assume it's harder for one person to get an ID than another person. Let's throw in, how bad do these people want to vote and have an ID voting and for other things in the first place. My guess is those who do not have an ID, don't care. If you tell them they can't vote without one, I don't imagine there will be a huge rush to the DMV to get one because it's out of their way on their trip to the OTB.

Ok this thread is pretty much stupid but this is the stupidest post out of all of them.

I could buy cigs, beer and lottery tickets right now and not get carded. Cant remember the last time I was carded. So quit with that empty argument. Its dumb

Talk about lack of intelligence on your part, you don't even see that an article in this thread was quoted and the argument was that they are low income and can't afford to get an ID or birth certificate. Pay attention junior.

Holy crap does this idiotic statement really require a formal response?

*sigh*

1) Legal voting age: 18. Legal drinking age: 21

2) I can give money to someone else with an ID to buy beer.

3) I'm sure the corner markets are not 100% compliant on ID laws.

*sigh*

Here was the beginning of the argument:

"Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID."

From the ACLU article fighting for no IDs.

Again, how do they afford beer, but not an ID?

Seafoam is like if you mixed HT / 12th mans keyboard badassery with drobeskis stupidity and racism and Shinys total lack of funny.

Worst new geek in years. :(

• Like 1

One day when I have the energy I'm going to figure out who uses which alias.

Seafoam is like if you mixed HT / 12th mans keyboard badassery with drobeskis stupidity and racism and Shinys total lack of funny.

Worst new geek in years. :(

Look at the pile on from the lefty-loosies. Nice. Yet noone can answer why there was an argument earlier about the poor not being able to afford an ID but can afford booze or smokes or lotttery tickets....

MDC is just an old man living life through the eagles.

• Like 1

So let's just assume it's harder for one person to get an ID than another person. Let's throw in, how bad do these people want to vote and have an ID voting and for other things in the first place. My guess is those who do not have an ID, don't care. If you tell them they can't vote without one, I don't imagine there will be a huge rush to the DMV to get one because it's out of their way on their trip to the OTB.

Dude, you are literally making my argument for me.

People with means (and driver's licenses in their wallets) just have to merely wish to vote to cast one, and they can stop off on their way home and do so, whether they are a hard-core-holy-crap-have-to-vote person or a meh-I-guess-I'll-vote-it's-on-the-way-home person. While low income people have to be DEDICATED VOTERS and jump through hoops to cast theirs.

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW THIS SUPPRESSES LOW INCOME VOTES?!?!?!?

:lol: holy crap

so many stereotypes, so little time

as if the current lottery is over a billion because poor people are playing :rolleyes:

(I have not purchased a lottery ticket)

Talk about lack of intelligence on your part, you don't even see that an article in this thread was quoted and the argument was that they are low income and can't afford to get an ID or birth certificate. Pay attention junior.

Oh. So let me see if I understand. If they dont want to get an ID..they cant ever have a beer, or a smoke or drop a few bucks on the hope of winning the lottery. Suppose they should only eat gruel too right?

Ugh..If that's your position, then thats your position. Cant argue that

Here was the beginning of the argument:

"Obtaining ID Costs Money. Even if ID is offered for free, voters must incur numerous costs (such as paying for birth certificates) to apply for a government-issued ID."

From the ACLU article fighting for no IDs.

Again, how do they afford beer, but not an ID?

OMG THE ENTIRE POINT IS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BUDGET FOR VOTING AS A LUXURY ITEM FOR POOR PEOPLE TO SPEND THEIR MONEY ON IT SHOULD BE A RIGHT HOLY CRAP DUDE

:lol: :lol:

Dude, you are literally making my argument for me.

People with means (and driver's licenses in their wallets) just have to merely wish to vote to cast one, and they can stop off on their way home and do so, whether they are a hard-core-holy-crap-have-to-vote person or a meh-I-guess-I'll-vote-it's-on-the-way-home person. While low income people have to be DEDICATED VOTERS and jump through hoops to cast theirs.

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW THIS SUPPRESSES LOW INCOME VOTES?!?!?!?

:lol: holy crap

You are kidding me right? I lived with zero cash, major debt, no support for my rent, car, no insurance, lived in shlt area, and dug my way out. And I found a way to get to the DMV even when my car dropped it's transmission on a highway outside of hartford. It's not easy for those with less money. But I wanted the license renewal bad enough.

You are not being intelligent. You are making excuses for people to not do the right thing is all.

Oh. So let me see if I understand. If they dont want to get an ID..they cant ever have a beer, or a smoke or drop a few bucks on the hope of winning the lottery. Suppose they should only eat gruel too right?

Ugh..If that's your position, then thats your position. Cant argue that

I don't care if they don't want an ID. Then they don't vote. easy-peasy. It's whatever is important to them is all I'm saying. I just don't want to be lectured by the ACLU about it is all. If they prioritize even a steak dinner over an ID I don't care.

I don't care if they don't want an ID. Then they don't vote. easy-peasy. It's whatever is important to them is all I'm saying. I just don't want to be lectured by the ACLU about it is all.

But your point seemed to be, and please tell me if I am wrong, that if they dont buy an ID..they can never buy a beer, or cigs, or a lottery ticket right? Ever? I mean they don't have an ID so they are absolutely NOT ALLOWED to have those things.

But your point seemed to be, and please tell me if I am wrong, that if they dont buy an ID..they can never buy a beer, or cigs, or a lottery ticket right? Ever? I mean they don't have an ID so they are absolutely NOT ALLOWED to have those things.

No that was not my point. It was my bad to use only vices to make the point. My point is that I think it's not voter suppression because of money.

I'm all for charging for IDs per yearly income if that's what is best. But even the ACLU is saying that that is not good enough. It's just that I am so against voting without IDs. Especially with so many folks fighting for open borders.

*sigh*

What about Obamacare? You need an ID for that, right?

No that was not my point. It was my bad to use only vices to make the point. My point is that I think it's not voter suppression because of money.

I'm all for charging for IDs per yearly income if that's what is best. But even the ACLU is saying that that is not good enough. It's just that I am so against voting without IDs. Especially with so many folks fighting for open borders.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. And I agree...Hell we need ID's for so much, what's the big deal. Then I ask myself "what's the big deal" Why is there a sizeable portion of the population that does not have or want ID's? Should we be asking THAT question instead of projecting our comfort with the process on others?

I have to ask what policies have the Dems implemented to impede people to vote?

Democrats approach manipulation slightly differently from Republicans, they like to create a host of smaller of-cycle votes, vs consolidated voting as it tends to favor them

Once instance that jumps out at me was this bill in Michigan from 2011 where the Dems essentially halted the consolidations efforts...

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(h530bm4ndtm0wx4o5liejc3u))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4005

Most voters prefer consolidations but the Dems do not, they prefer shorter lists of candidates because that tends to favor their outcomes. While all voters prefer consolidation, the Dem voters really like it, and its especially true for people who identify as Democrats, who prefer consolidated elections 73 percent to 27 percent. Dems prefer to hold off cycle votes, even though it tends to mute issues voting.

Scheduling local elections at odd times appears to be a deliberate strategy intended to keep turnout low, which gives more influence to groups like teachers unions that have a direct stake in the election’s outcome, th Dems defer to unions pretty often.

This is just one example of how the Dem's differ, there are others

OK. Thanks for the clarification. And I agree...Hell we need ID's for so much, what's the big deal. Then I ask myself "what's the big deal" Why is there a sizeable portion of the population that does not have or want ID's? Should we be asking THAT question instead of projecting our comfort with the process on others?

:thumbsup: Thing is, it only comes up once every major election it seems. Hence, the accusations of suppression.

Y'all making this way to complicated.

If you vote you have to present a form of ID to show you are in fact who you say you are. This is mutherfocking common sense. WTF :shocking: :doh:

Now if there are issues in regards to some segments of people (old, cripple, poor) who have trouble somehow not having any form of ID whatsoever then the gov't and its elected leaders can come up with a remedy for that.

This isn't hard people.

You are kidding me right? I lived with zero cash, major debt, no support for my rent, car, no insurance, lived in shlt area, and dug my way out. And I found a way to get to the DMV even when my car dropped it's transmission on a highway outside of hartford. It's not easy for those with less money. But I wanted the license renewal bad enough.

You are not being intelligent. You are making excuses for people to not do the right thing is all.

You made sure to get to the DMV so you could drive. Which I'm sure you need to do to work, get food etc.

How in the heck is that somehow equivalent to getting a license for the sole purpose of voting?

Be honest - if you required a SPECIFIC VOTER ID that you had to pay to go the DMV, pay for the ID, pay to get home and take the time to do it, would you actually get the voting ID or just be like "eh, not worth my time/money".

Hint - if you say yes you are lying.

What about Obamacare? You need an ID for that, right?

Not a photo ID...But if ya did, what;'s your point?

:thumbsup: Thing is, it only comes up once every major election it seems.

Well of course it does. Just like gun control only comes up when there is a mass shooting. You need a catalyst. People have other sheet to focus on in their lives

If you vote you have to present a form of ID to show you are in fact you you say you are. This is mutherfocking common sense. WTF :shocking: :doh:

Now if there are issues in regards to some segments of people (old, cripple, poor) who have trouble somehow not having any form of ID whatsoever then the gov't and its elected leaders can come up with a remedy for that.

This isn't hard people.

The issue is that the GOP wants the former but specifically does not want to fund the latter.

That is why it is being called voter suppression.

Not a photo ID...But if ya did, what;'s your point?

That the disenfranchised, that are supposedly unable to get an ID, have one. Who says it doesn't have a picture? Every benefit ID I've ever seen has a picture. And I've seen thousands.

That the disenfranchised, that are supposedly unable to get an ID, have one. Who says it doesn't have a picture? Every benefit ID I've ever seen has a picture. And I've seen thousands.

I didn't know all the disenfranchised had Obamacare. That's good info. And I forgot you've done everything in the history of America and you know everything--my bad.

If they prioritize even a steak dinner over an ID I don't care.

You know, like a First Amendment Rights card. If those cost money, you should have to choose between a steak dinner or the right to free speech.

Do you see how ridiculous this sounds?

The issue is that the GOP wants the former but specifically does not want to fund the latter.

That is why it is being called voter suppression.

About half of the states with voter ID laws accept only photo IDs, such as driver’s licenses, state-issued ID cards, military ID cards, and passports. Many of these states now offer a free voter photo ID card if you don’t have another form of valid photo ID.

https://www.usa.gov/voter-id

I will agree that getting a "voter ID" or whatever should be free. And most are..........

If you vote you have to present a form of ID to show you are in fact who you say you are. This is mutherfocking common sense. WTF :shocking: :doh:

This isn't hard people.

yup

I didn't know all the disenfranchised had Obamacare. That's good info. And I forgot you've done everything in the history of America and you know everything--my bad.

Well, we were told millions of people who had no health benefits before Obamacare now have them. Who got left out?

It's pretty obvious the left wants strongly thier ability and what they perceive as a right to cheat to be left alone.