Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Burger King slammed on social media over ad featuring chopsticks: 'It's racist'

4 hours ago, MDC said:

This. I wouldn’t be aware of this stuff at all if it weren’t for the right wing cottage industry of whining about snowflakey behavior and blowing it way out of proportion.

Twitter is a right wing cottage industry?  When did this happen?

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Judging from the GC there is a pretty active market of people who like to get faux outraged at faux outrage.

So, the guy who's had a severe case of TDS since 2016 is pointing fingers?  Or trying to distract and get the attention off himself by making up fake stories?

Hi, my name is jerry, and I am a chopstick user.

What is wrong with you people?  I've had sushi hundreds of times with hundreds of people and, in Amurka, we grab it with chopsticks.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone grab a piece of nigiri with their hands, dip it and their fingers in soy/wasabi, slurp it down, and... lick their fingers?  If I did I would look to see if the knuckles on the other hand were dragging on the ground. Just because people in other places eat like animals doesn't mean we need to.

Also while I agree that forks are far superior in almost all situations, nigiri is not one of them.

Is it rude to eat sushi with your hands?

Traditionally, and how sushi is meant to be eaten, you use your hands (not chopsticks). You dip the sushi upside down (fish side down) into soy sauce. ... It's very rude not to eat sushi in one bite (unless you are a kid).

Sushifaq com

41 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

He seems miserable.

You guys seem happy go lucky. :lol:

I use chopsticks to sharpen my manual dexterity.  

I jerk off with my elbows for the same reason.   

29 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What is wrong with you people?  I've had sushi hundreds of times with hundreds of people and, in Amurka, we grab it with chopsticks.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone grab a piece of nigiri with their hands, dip it and their fingers in soy/wasabi, slurp it down, and... lick their fingers?  If I did I would look to see if the knuckles on the other hand were dragging on the ground. Just because people in other places eat like animals doesn't mean we need to.

Also while I agree that forks are far superior in almost all situations, nigiri is not one of them.

And just because people in other places use inferior implements to shove food into their pie holes doesn't mean we need to either.   Use a damn fork when you're in Amerika!!!

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

growing up in san francisco, in an area with a majority consisting of asian descent... my parents taught me young.  while my mother can be pretentious on occasion, my father is not.  

27 minutes ago, wiffleball said:
Is it rude to eat sushi with your hands?

Traditionally, and how sushi is meant to be eaten, you use your hands (not chopsticks). You dip the sushi upside down (fish side down) into soy sauce. ... It's very rude not to eat sushi in one bite (unless you are a kid).

Sushifaq com

troof