Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Amazon Return Question

I placed an order for multiple items, one of which is a PS4 game that I found out later my daughter already has.  I tried to cancel that part of the order to no avail, I was too late in the shipping process to cancel.  After delivery, I realized that I can send it back for a fee of 5.99 which on a $20 game is kinda BS but whatever.  

Anyway, I also ordered a pair of 3M WorkTunes for mowing the lawn which after listening to them and realizing they don't get loud enough, I decided to send back, this time with free return shipping picked up by UPS today.  So last night as I'm boxing the headphones up I start to wonder what would happen if in the same box I sent back that game.  Which I did.

So, what say ye?  Am I out 20 bucks or will they credit me for the game even though I tried to get sneaky with return shipping?

I have you beat.

When I used to mail bills, I would  put the address to the people/business it's going to in the upper left and put some bunk address in the usual TO field and throw it in the mailbox without a stamp.

only tried it a handfull, but fock if it didnt work

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Do you have a Kohls nearby?  They take Amazon returns.

That's like asking if there is a gas station

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have you beat.

When I used to mail bills, I would  put the address to the people/business it's going to in the upper left and put some bunk address in the usual TO field and throw it in the mailbox without a stamp.

I want to go back in time just to do this. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I want to go back in time just to do this. 

That was nothing. I figured out a way to steal pizza from the dominos driver. I was such a bastard

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Wow.  Too late now but that's good to know.  Looks like they just started this, and for free.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

That was nothing. I figured out a way to steal pizza from the dominos driver. I was such a bastard

Do tell...

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have you beat.

focking genius:o

this will be awesome for my business idea... "Billings Inc" where I just send out invoices to businesses with 1 line item... "AP audit" like $200. If they pay it, they failed and my audit worked. My only expenses were paper and postage. No im down to just paper!!! The dream may happen!

• Thanks 1

Just now, bostonlager said:

Do tell...

I only have 10 mins before I take off. Please remind me and I will make a thread about it tomorrow.

focking genius.  Until the cops showed up

Just now, porkbutt said:

focking genius:o

this will be awesome for my business idea... "Billings Inc" where I just send out invoices to businesses with 1 line item... "AP audit" like $200. If they pay it, they failed and my audit worked. My only expenses were paper and postage. No im down to just paper!!! The dream may happen!

How no one ever thought of it? or use it. No idea

Any of you ever bought one of those amazon return pallets in liquidation? I’ve thought about dropping a grand or two on one of the electronic pallets but not sure about it. 

3 hours ago, fandandy said:

I placed an order for multiple items, one of which is a PS4 game that I found out later my daughter already has.  I tried to cancel that part of the order to no avail, I was too late in the shipping process to cancel.  After delivery, I realized that I can send it back for a fee of 5.99 which on a $20 game is kinda BS but whatever.  

Anyway, I also ordered a pair of 3M WorkTunes for mowing the lawn which after listening to them and realizing they don't get loud enough, I decided to send back, this time with free return shipping picked up by UPS today.  So last night as I'm boxing the headphones up I start to wonder what would happen if in the same box I sent back that game.  Which I did.

So, what say ye?  Am I out 20 bucks or will they credit me for the game even though I tried to get sneaky with return shipping?

I think you are screwed out of the PS4 game.  Amazon, you might have noticed, has got a handle on this delivery thing both shipping and returning. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think you are screwed out of the PS4 game.  Amazon, you might have noticed, has got a handle on this delivery thing both shipping and returning. :dunno:

Yeah, you could be right.  It's a $15 gamble.  I selected the I'll Ship and Pay option and printed and included in the box the item description and barcode you put in the return shipping box.  More than anything I was just curious how they will handle this.  They at the very least will have to confirm they received the game.  My guess is that they might charge me the $5.99 out of spite, but I won't lose the entire $20.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Didn't know that. Good info. 

God of War - Playstation 4

$19.99

Refund issued
  • $19.99 refund issued on Jun 21, 2019.
  • Return received on: Jun 21, 2019

BTW if you say the item is damaged they will give you a free shipping label.