Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Retirement Projects/Learning

Spin off.

Doesn't have to be retirement. But  a few were mentioned in the blade thread.

For me? 

Cheesemaking

Especially suffusing things like smoked bacon, smoked peppers, Etc into the cheese.

Kayak fishing

Fly fishing

Recreational Anal Beads

Also think there could be decent money especially if you have a lot of friends who are hunters, in quality processing of game meat. But, I think that's something where I'd want to buy into an existing or closing business.

Also - custom candy. Would be fun and unique gifts. Could even customize candy color by sports team, wedding, etc colors. 

- Hard Candy, mints, etc.

There's a shop in Cospr that makes Bank for decades just on salt water taffy alone.

Five years ago, I had two dreams. One... See the world. Five years and coming up on 20 countries later, that is being accomplished.

The other was publish a novel. I've made a few runs at it. Just never stay with it. I would like to see my name on a dust jacket before I die. 

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Five years ago, I had two dreams. One... See the world. Five years and coming up on 20 countries later, that is being accomplished.

The other was publish a novel. I've made a few runs at it. Just never stay with it. I would like to see my name on a dust jacket before I die. 

Why the book? Do you have something to say?

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Why the book? Do you have something to say?

Not especially. Lol

I guess part of it is I've always been a voracious reader since I was a kid. I love books. I'd like to put something of my own out there.

And part of it is some conceit about legacy. It would please me to think that something with my name on it might be read after I'm dead. 

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not especially. Lol

I guess part of it is I've always been a voracious reader since I was a kid. I love books. I'd like to put something of my own out there.

And part of it is some conceit about legacy. It would please me to think that something with my name on it might be read after I'm dead. 

Consider learning tattooing.

NO RAGRATS

Woodworking.  I could be in a shop and build sh!t all day long.

2 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Woodworking.  I could be in a shop and build sh!t all day long.

I could too. I'm more of a staining , custom finish guy though. I got real good at that focking up lot's of gunstocks, credenzas, desks , tables etc. 

41 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Cheese making 🤮

No Gouda?