Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Xenophobia

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Some of us do not believe that America is any kind of abstraction like this.  We particularly dislike guys such as you who always prefer "the other" to your existing neighbors, bosses, etc.

Actually, America seems to prefer diversity and guys like me that aren’t bothered by it in the least. As long as they abide by the law, I could care less who my neighbors are. America prefers the diversity thing. Feel free to argue against it and argue against anyone that is on board with the American way, but it seems a bit pointless as long as you choose to live here. :dunno:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Sounds like this thread is you wanting to radically change it. America welcomes diversity. Its who we are. 

Eh, we've peaked then. Diversity was good when it was diverse white people and some of the Chineseeses coming in. We were already colored up enough with the blacks and Puerto Rican's. We keep pumping in people from shithole countries pretty soon this place will be one too. Why wouldn't it be? 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They’re not from those countries though, which makes it a completely ignorant comment and to most people, racist. 

Don't care, just wanted to clarify what he actually said.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eh, we've peaked then. Diversity was good when it was diverse white people and some of the Chineseeses coming in. We were already colored up enough with the blacks and Puerto Rican's. We keep pumping in people from shithole countries pretty soon this place will be one too. Why wouldn't it be? 

There are always other countries with less diversity that you can try and get into. Although the reason you’d want to go there is because they don’t let in foreigners like you, so it’s a bit of a catch 22. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Don't care, just wanted to clarify what he actually said.

You didn’t clarify much at all. I’ve been sitting here reading through the previous posts just laughing at how obviously bigoted and scared you all are of people who you know little about. I pity you all. I know I shouldn’t post this because you’re all going to roast me but I’ve have a few drinks and really don’t care what you think. Enjoy your hatred of people different from you. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

There are always other countries with less diversity that you can try and get into. Although the reason you’d want to go there is because they don’t let in foreigners like you, so it’s a bit of a catch 22. 

Ha! I currently have dual citizenship with another country. Wasn't a problem. How about you? 

You didn’t clarify much at all. I’ve been sitting here reading through the previous posts just laughing at how obviously bigoted and scared you all are of people who you know little about. I pity you all. I know I shouldn’t post this because you’re all going to roast me but I’ve have a few drinks and really don’t care what you think. Enjoy your hatred of people different from you. 

You all? That was my first post in this thread. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We keep pumping in people from shithole countries pretty soon this place will be one too. Why wouldn't it be? 

This is the million dollar question...what does keep us from becoming a sh!thole country? If you continue to pump people in from sh!thole countries, and have no expectation of assimilation, where do you draw the line?  Its the height of lunatic liberalism...just do it, and we figure out the details later.  Its already been established the left is passive on preventing sh!tholes, just look at the streets of San Fran.

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Actually, America seems to prefer diversity and guys like me that aren’t bothered by it in the least. As long as they abide by the law, I could care less who my neighbors are. America prefers the diversity thing. Feel free to argue against it and argue against anyone that is on board with the American way, but it seems a bit pointless as long as you choose to live here. :dunno:

Status-seekers and vanity projects give lip service to diversity and proclaim that loudly on social media and other platforms.  The human reality is that we prefer to be around other people that are more like us in various respects.  So, I reject the premise that America seems to prefer diversity, even though that is relatively undefined in your statement.  The American Way has by and large been racist over its history.  I don't view things through the same lens you do.  As a citizen of this Country, I view myself as more of an heir than anything.

My sincerest hope is that Confederate flag waving rednecks move in on either side of you, then we'll see whether you could care less who your neighbors are.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

These things are in spite of, not because of a Somali Muslim population.  As their numbers grow, your quality of life and the quality of those things you mentioned, will decline.

Twin Cities has a substantial Somali population.  The quality of life here is good.  So you're just wrong.  Sorry.

https://www.twincities.com/2016/11/03/report-highlights-refugees-economic-impact-on-twin-cities/

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Let’s try this out for a minute. America is a country that was built on immigrants. Our country means opportunity. We welcome diversity.  Based on this, the people who hate those ideals should probably leave here if they don’t like it. 😂 I love it!

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't hate people that are different. I just want them to respect the laws of my country, as I would theirs. I would also like to see them go back to their country and revolt and make it better. 

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

You all? That was my first post in this thread. 

Ok, not you but the others who obviously don’t want foreigners in our country. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Ok, not you but the others who obviously are don’t want foreigners in our country. 

Great, had nothing to do with me. A simple apology would suffice.

Just now, FeelingMN said:

Twin Cities has a substantial Somali population.  The quality of life here is good.  So you're just wrong.  Sorry.

https://www.twincities.com/2016/11/03/report-highlights-refugees-economic-impact-on-twin-cities/

It might be OK now.  It won't be in the near future if that population keeps expanding.  That population didn't create that quality of life - they dropped into it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don't hate people that are different. I just want them to respect the laws of my country, as I would theirs. I would also like to see them go back to their country and revolt and make it better. 

I have zero argument when it comes to respecting our laws. I completely agree with that. You are lumping everyone together and saying that the do not adhere to our laws though. 

Just now, Reality said:

Great, had nothing to do with me. A simple apology would suffice.

I apologize. I wasn’t paying attention if you had been posting or not. No worries. 

Let’s try this out for a minute. America is a country that was built on immigrants. Our country means opportunity. We welcome diversity.  Based on this, the people who hate those ideals should probably leave here if they don’t like it. 😂 I love it!

Built on immigrants as we needed them. That's not the case today. Do you think we brought in alll those immigrants to be nice? Ha! Read your history sonny. Might do you some good. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ha! I currently have dual citizenship with another country. Wasn't a problem. How about you? 

No. I’m good in America, diversity and all. It’s good you have other options though. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Built on immigrants as we needed them. That's not the case today. Do you think we brought in alll those immigrants to be nice? Ha! Read your history sonny. Might do you some good. 

So you’re saying we no longer need immigrants and that we should shut them all out? That’s about the least American thing I have read on here if that’s really want you mean. 

One more thing, we have a surplus of jobs at the moment which I’ve been told is due to Trump, don’t we need people to work these jobs?  I know Americans are not working them. I sure you don’t approve of America’s youth because most think they are lazy so who are the people who will work these jobs?

I have zero argument when it comes to respecting our laws. I completely agree with that. You are lumping everyone together and saying that the do not adhere to our laws though. 

It's been said through this thread there is no issue with legal immigration. But sneaking in or gaming the system (asylum) is unacceptable.

16 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I could care less who my neighbors are. 

You are a straight up retard, liar or haven't lived somewhere it would be an issue. Truly ignorant, virtue signaling statement right in line with the rest of the sh!t you spew

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

It might be OK now.  It won't be in the near future if that population keeps expanding.  That population didn't create that quality of life - they dropped into it. 

I just linked an article that states they are part of our success.

Aren't you from Buffalo?

So you’re saying we no longer need immigrants and that we should shut them all out? That’s about the least American thing I have read on here if that’s really want you mean. 

Not all of them? How many times do I and others have to say there is no issue with legal immigration? Stop creating the bad man you want so badly. 

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Status-seekers and vanity projects give lip service to diversity and proclaim that loudly on social media and other platforms.  The human reality is that we prefer to be around other people that are more like us in various respects.  So, I reject the premise that America seems to prefer diversity, even though that is relatively undefined in your statement.  The American Way has by and large been racist over its history.  I don't view things through the same lens you do.  As a citizen of this Country, I view myself as more of an heir than anything.

My sincerest hope is that Confederate flag waving rednecks move in on either side of you, then we'll see whether you could care less who your neighbors are.

I live in Fort Worth, Texas. Confederate flag waving rednecks live on either side of me. As do Hispanics. Both groups work with me, I’ve dated them, I drink beer with them, etc. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So you’re saying we no longer need immigrants and that we should shut them all out? 

The ones that won't assimilate to American culture, shi!t on our flag and call us racists 24/7? . Ya, absolutely  

It's been said through this thread there is no issue with legal immigration. But sneaking in or gaming the system (asylum) is unacceptable.

Has anyone here been talking about that. I think it’s clear that some here are not acceptable of foreigners regardless of how they got here. Just look back at the posts. They had nothing to do with how they got here, just the fact of who they are. 

Just now, cbfalcon said:

I live in Fort Worth, Texas. Confederate flag waving rednecks live on either side of me. As do Hispanics. Both groups work with me, I’ve dated them, I drink beer with them, etc. 

There it is. You are completely full of sh!1t. I don't believe you. 

Not all of them? How many times do I and others have to say there is no issue with legal immigration? Stop creating the bad man you want so badly. 

Look at the comments towards the people of Minneapolis in this thread and you’ll see the answer. Muslims are not welcomed here no matter what. 

I don’t think everyone here thinks that way but let’s not ignore the fact that some do. Just admit to what some of you are. 

• Like 1

Just now, FeelingMN said:

I just linked an article that states they are part of our success.

Aren't you from Buffalo?

That article doesn't really say anything other than "Immigrants are part of our success" while apparently picturing a Somali woman, but writing about how those from Myanmar did the best, with an admittedly low wage.  It doesn't detail Somali contributions.

I am from Buffalo.

Muslims are not welcomed here no matter what. 

I'm all in on that. Not compatible with American culture and values . Period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

The ones that won't assimilate to American culture, shi!t on our flag and call us racists 24/7? . Ya, absolutely  

I understand that opinion, let’s not label them all as that though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Oh good.  Every day you tell them how racist they are, right?

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You are a straight up retard, liar or haven't lived somewhere it would be an issue. Truly ignorant, virtue signaling statement right in line with the rest of the sh!t you spew

Why the personal attacks when we were just having a discussion? I guess it would be frustrating to hate diversity, yet live in a country that values it immensely. 

• Like 2

Just now, shorepatrol said:

I'm all in on that. Not compatible with American culture and values . Period. 

And you sure are a bigot. It’s ok to admit it. 

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You are off topic. This thread is about being in favor of Xenophobia as opposed to being in favor of The United States of America, which welcomes diversity. 

I understand that opinion, let’s not label them all as that though. 

Alright, so, how do suppose we vett them. Oh that's right, that would be racist. 

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

There it is. You are completely full of sh!1t. I don't believe you. 

Ok. I don’t particularly believe you either. 

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Why the personal attacks when we were just having a discussion? I guess it would be frustrating to hate diversity, yet live in a country that values it immensely. 

You keep leaning on diversity with no definition of good or bad diversity. You personally attack everyone as a racist that tries to define it. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Alright, so, how do suppose we vett them. Oh that's right, that would be racist. 

I’m not sure how you do that. When coming into the country they should be vetted. If born here then that would be violating their rights. 

I’m curious if anyone here ever puts themselves in other people’s shoes? Imagine being of different color, possible a Muslim, and trying to immigrate into America?  Could you imagine trying to put up with people like the members in this thread?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1