Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Kallen Ballage

Very interesting indeed. I might have to bump Drake down some, I feel he’s coming close to having a breakout baked into his adp.

well, it is still early, but if the kid continues to impress, this is looking more likely to be a time share situation with Drakes piece of the pie getting smaller.

I don't know who the OC is there, but could they be attempting to replicate the Pats offensive philosophy regarding RB's? Drake in the James White pass catching role and Ballage used as the early down back? If so, I still like Drake as a low RB2/Flex, as Miami figures to be down early and often a lot this year. 

48 minutes ago, Brutal Brutus said:

I don't know who the OC is there, but could they be attempting to replicate the Pats offensive philosophy regarding RB's? Drake in the James White pass catching role and Ballage used as the early down back? If so, I still like Drake as a low RB2/Flex, as Miami figures to be down early and often a lot this year. 

This is a very fair comment.  if this is the case......playing from behind the game script would certainly favor Drake even if he is not the actual starter.

3 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

First 2 days of camp, he opens up with the first team offense.  Anyone who has Drake should take note.

Shouldn't really be a surprise. Drake has never been a lead back. Not in college, Not in the pros. There must be a reason for it. He is what he is, a nice flex...

From Doug's AFC Workload article...

The addition of a first-time play-caller in OC Chad O'Shea throws the element of the unknown into an offense not expected to do much this season. O'Shea's background with the Patriots would suggest he is open to a committee backfield approach - if not in favor of it. Ballage has proven to be a hit-or-miss entity for the bulk of his college and pro career and doesn't have the resume of Frank Gore, so he will actually have to show some level of consistency as a runner if he hopes to come anywhere close to splitting carries with Drake. Considering who else is at his position on the roster, Drake should far and away lead the running backs in rushing attempts and targets. However, even at my projection of 172 carries - which would be his previous career high by almost 40 - it suggests he will average 11 rushing attempts over a 16-game season. One of the reasons why that number is lower than what most fantasy owners want is because I believe O'Shea will want to use Drake in the short passing game in the same way James White is utilized in New England. Ultimately, I'd be stunned if Miami doesn't try to find a way to get him at least 225 touches when he is clearly the most dynamic threat on the team.

4 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

From Doug's AFC Workload article...

The addition of a first-time play-caller in OC Chad O'Shea throws the element of the unknown into an offense not expected to do much this season. O'Shea's background with the Patriots would suggest he is open to a committee backfield approach - if not in favor of it. Ballage has proven to be a hit-or-miss entity for the bulk of his college and pro career and doesn't have the resume of Frank Gore, so he will actually have to show some level of consistency as a runner if he hopes to come anywhere close to splitting carries with Drake. Considering who else is at his position on the roster, Drake should far and away lead the running backs in rushing attempts and targets. However, even at my projection of 172 carries - which would be his previous career high by almost 40 - it suggests he will average 11 rushing attempts over a 16-game season. One of the reasons why that number is lower than what most fantasy owners want is because I believe O'Shea will want to use Drake in the short passing game in the same way James White is utilized in New England. Ultimately, I'd be stunned if Miami doesn't try to find a way to get him at least 225 touches when he is clearly the most dynamic threat on the team.

Man, this guy is good 😎👍

I think Drake would be the one to own. 

But it does lower my value on him, and rise up Ballage value a little